Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic (7132 Views)

Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama / Man Who Climbed Azman Aircraft At Lagos Airport Is From Niger Republic - FAAN / Six Nigerian Asylum-seekers Die As Cameroon Forcefully Repatriates Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by adenigga(m): 3:12pm On Feb 21, 2023
The Federal Government has repatriated no fewer than 150 stranded Nigerians from Niamey, Niger Republic.

The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq, stated this while receiving the returnees at the Aminu Kano International Airport on Monday evening.

She said the exercise was conducted in collaboration with the International Organisation for Migration and the Economic Community of West African States.

According to her, the returnees were brought back to Kano, under the care of the IOM and ECOWAS from Niger Republic.

Represented by the Director of Humanitarian Services of the Ministry, Alhaji Grema Ali, the minister explained that the programme was meant for the distressed Nigerians, who had left the country to seek greener pastures in various European countries, and could not afford to return when their journey became frustrated.

Recounting their ordeals, one of those repatriated, Amina Aliyu from Kano State said she traveled to Niger with her three kids and sister Zara’u Aliyu, to seek for greener pastures.

She said, “We intended to travel to Algeria but on our way, the driver dropped us in the Niger Republic. We really suffered without food and water. My husband ran away and left me with my kids for the past three years and my parents are old and poor so I had no option than to travel to seek greener pastures.”

Another returnee, Aminu Suleiman, from Yobe State said he traveled to Libya to seek greener pastures.

“I was a tailor before I left Yobe, I wanted to travel to Europe from Libya to seek greener pastures because I wanted to open a fashion academy in Nigeria,” he said.

The returnees were received by the National Emergency Management Agency, the State Emergency Management Agency, in collaboration with other sister security agencies.

Source: https://punchng.com/FG-repatriates-150-stranded-Nigerians-from-Niger-Republic

Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by Nbote(m): 3:14pm On Feb 21, 2023
Lol.. The same Niger that their citizens freely trek into Katsina?

22 Likes

Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by OkodiDenzel: 3:14pm On Feb 21, 2023
I smell a dead rat...

How can someone be stranded in a country at our backyard or balcony sef? Just how?

They have changed the narrative again to stranded instead of voting mercenaries abi...

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by fman(m): 3:16pm On Feb 21, 2023
How? Aboki wey go visit their maternal home!!!
And you had the guts to call that repatriation!!
Aboki na Aboki irrespective of geographical location.

10 Likes

Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by tonykester: 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2023
Naija bad no mean say I go run enter MALI.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by Brendaniel: 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2023
FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Brothers of Buhari From Niger Republic, in other news....

Nigerians have chosen President Peter Obi(GCFR)

10 Likes

Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by FalseProphet1(m): 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2023
Those 150 stranded people aren't Nigerians they are Niger people and they're 150,000 who the government is preparing to smuggle into the country to vote for their preferred candidate.

This I have seen.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by ClearFlair: 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2023
APC cannot be trusted with power

5 Likes

Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by kponkedenge(m): 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2023
Stylishly bringing in foreigners to come and vote in the election. grin

12 Likes

Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by inoki247: 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2023
Lol dem dey stranded or dem come for election Niger wey person fit use leg waka enta Nigeria....

Is it Possible for a Nigerian to be Stranded in Benin Republic or even Ghana wey we no share border with and it will be so bad he will be needing the intervention of the FG....

5 Likes

Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by Plus10(m): 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2023
Modernised rigging...but they have failed already grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by ogatboy(m): 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2023
It is that bad that people consider Niger to be better and someone will say we are gaints of Africa. Abeg we are the mice of Africa because young people still do not have sense
Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by Highways: 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2023
With our money
Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by sonnie10: 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2023
This is exactly how Kano gets 10 million voters .’Dem never complete.

4 Likes

Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by Twhyhenry8296: 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2023
They are brought in for election.

2 Likes

Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by sofeo(m): 4:43pm On Feb 21, 2023
Alright

Check my signature
Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2023
Need to quickly mobilize to the airport!

They will need comfort and also will be good numbers for Asiwaju
Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by tonididdy(m): 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2023
Why now? 😡

We know say na 1.5m be the real numbers.
Dem don start their hardwork

1 Like

Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by 0taPiaPia(m): 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2023
OkodiDenzel:
I smell a rat...

How can someone be stranded in a country at our backyard or balcony sef? Just how?

They have changed the narrative again to stranded instead of voting mercenaries abi...

You know your country well and it's antics grin
Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by Windmoney: 4:44pm On Feb 21, 2023
Una think say una wise.
Una wan rig election,
God pass una.

1 Like

Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by Chivadoski(m): 4:45pm On Feb 21, 2023
They have imported election mechinery and Fulani jihadists

3 Likes

Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by success1smyn(m): 4:45pm On Feb 21, 2023
It is well
Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by donprinyo(m): 4:46pm On Feb 21, 2023
Our border should be blocked.
Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by Akonimohate12: 4:46pm On Feb 21, 2023
grin wink
Una eye go clear

1 Share

Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by Yankiss(m): 4:46pm On Feb 21, 2023
I am suspicious of this. Are these people Nigerians or Nigeriens being brought in to vote to a particular candidate? We have porous identity system and porous border.

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by Tpave(m): 4:46pm On Feb 21, 2023
Hmmmmm
Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by FuckDModz: 4:46pm On Feb 21, 2023
grin

More like bringing more terrorists to vote for APC.

1 Like

Re: FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic by atobs4real(m): 4:46pm On Feb 21, 2023
Thought Niger is our sister and brother sharing boarder with us? we have done alot for them. why come home?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Step To Have Vietnam Visa On Arrival Online 2014 - 2015, Save Money?? / Kitchen In Toilet, Shocking Photos Of 'Coffin Homes' In Hong Kong. / Rules For Dealing With Cab Drivers In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.