Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,237 members, 7,829,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections (29999 Views)

INEC Gets Court Nod To Re Configure BVAS Machine For March 11 Election / BREAKING: IGP Deploys Four Commissioners Of Police To Ogun For Elections / INEC Appoints Amina Zakari As Head Of Collation Centre For Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by Minjim: 8:12am On Feb 22, 2023
He said some of the service providers, especially transporters, are required to be paid in cash and besides, experience has shown that emergency situations do arise on Election Day, which could demand the use of cash by the commission.

This is the same experience Nigerians are having daily. Online is not a reliable means of payment in a 3rd world nation like ours. Most Nigerians are traders and they need to see their money before giving you goods.

Nigerians don't even save money in banks for long.
When we save money be sure we will be needing fractions of it on weekly basis. This is what's causing this whole scarcity.
The CBN can't give us back the exact amount we saved and people need their money to survive
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by RealLagosBoy: 8:13am On Feb 22, 2023
Good news. No election postponement.
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by Sammy07: 8:14am On Feb 22, 2023
dettolgel:

Actually they don't need cash.

In this part of the world any activities done with the government must be paid via bank transfer for easy audit trail. This helps mitigate corruption and inflation of prices.

This is 2023 INEC should pay them via bank transfer.

Maybe in the future.

You're funny.
If na you dey in charge and you wan do runs, you go gree follow your advice?
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by Buckeyemedia1: 8:15am On Feb 22, 2023
MartinsD12:

E pain you ,it's not gonna be looting as usual, try it and be jailed.
Very funny, you evil minded hypocrite things in the country of the fantastically corrupt.

I believe jailed like Doyin Okupe?
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by FromZeroToHero(m): 8:15am On Feb 22, 2023
┏━━┓┏━━┓┏━━┓┏━━┓
┗━┓┃┃┏┓┃┗━┓┃┗━┓┃
┏━┛┃┃┃┃┃┏━┛┃┏━┛┃
┃┗━┓┃┗┛┃┃┗━┓┏━┛┃
┗━━┛┗━━┛┗━━┛┗━━┛

Obi for President.
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by MartinsD12(m): 8:16am On Feb 22, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:
Very funny, you evil minded hypocrite things in the country of the fantastically corrupt.

I believe jailed like Doyin Okupe?
?
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by MrDoGood(m): 8:16am On Feb 22, 2023
4tomandchi:
The best news I have heard in 2023.

Everything is looking good for OBI
Good as how?

A certain tribe ain't getting PVCs

Go and check
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by Aboguede(m): 8:23am On Feb 22, 2023
Aplaudez:
Money that is going to be paid to the PO's and APO's on the election eve is enough to circulate this country, just watch the POS people been rendered useless.

Can u expanciate on this

Make we learn kwanu grin
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by BigYash: 8:26am On Feb 22, 2023
lonelydora:
Good!

One legacy Buhari, whom many of you have hated for 7+ years, will leave is a free and fair election.

Sai Buhari...well.done.

BAT and his cohorts won't rig this election
Did he do what he promised and they hated him? How much be dollars to naira when he came? How much was fuel,bag of rice and anything you might think of right now? You think if they had chosen his candidate during the primaries,he will be this neutral? He wants power back to the north.. You think say northerner mumu? The kaduna state governor and his likes are acting a script,so that it won’t look as if they betrayed BAT.. It’s united North ,if you don’t know.. They don’t sell their brother out like the igbos and yorubas do.. kwakwa might collapse his structure for atiku,but let’s see how it plays out.. The drama go tough walai

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by Fibonacci88: 8:28am On Feb 22, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:
So poor man like you no dey look for cash?
Are you one of those who intend to rob inec for cash? Better abort mission.
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by Houseontherock1: 8:31am On Feb 22, 2023
They need cash to pay transporters, yet they forget that we also pay transporters, buy pepper and bolo by the roadside
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by famology(m): 8:33am On Feb 22, 2023
We're ready
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by HardMirror(m): 8:41am On Feb 22, 2023
jeromestarks:
Finally, INEC got cash.
Cash is scarse. Money no dey.

Do not use your hard-earned money to pay bride price, sponsor wedding ceremony and take care of in-laws just to have a woman who has been fvcked and mounted by many men who only gave her two eggs and indomie. Only a fool will do that. Are you the fool?

A woman you did not disvirgin will fvck her ex the moment he shows up to her on Facebook or in the market and you will train another man's child thinking it's yours.

Once a woman starts misbehaving,just know that she has started fvcking her ex.
Divorce her before she kills you with frustration.

Fvck any girl you want but when it comes to marriage,take the pains to find a virgin woman and marry. Better to suffer to find a virgin woman and have a peaceful lasting home than to marry a woman who has been fvcked and mounted by many men and suffer in your marriage.

Be wise.
Avoid single mothers at all cost. They're are operating under a different level of curse. There is a reason men don't stay in their lives.
A woman you did not disvirgin is a curse to her children; born and unborn. Never marry her. Be wise.
unfortunately there is a lot of truth in your message. Keep preaching bro.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by mencer(m): 8:53am On Feb 22, 2023
They will now storm once officials for cash
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 22, 2023
I've my voters card, I know my pollin unit. And I'll vote
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by PNomsule: 8:57am On Feb 22, 2023
INEC is an incompetent organisation by a loooong stretch. It is true that multitudes have not received their PVCs. Common sense in this age of technology requires that inec sends sms (liase/synergies with NCC) to all registered voters to come for the collection of their pvcs, the time of its availability, location and if possible it could be staggered, as in batches to avoid crowd, congestion and possible stampede or time wasting.

This by itself becomes a recipe for electoral malpractice and an inefficient conduct of our elections.
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by Thedon22: 9:06am On Feb 22, 2023
chigoizie7:
When I told people that CBN will make cash available for INEC as a FG institution, they said that there are no new notes. They will still make cash available for security agencies.

FG knows what it is doing. In as much as this scarcity has been hitting people badly. It has also stopped a lot of things. The rate of crime and kidnappings went down drastically.
Clap for yourself! So, let's continue to make new currency scarce even after the elections so that crime and kidnappings will go to zero (sic...! ). Nigerians and their antiquated ways of thinking. Only ruled by mediocres .
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by victorikpe(m): 9:22am On Feb 22, 2023
Sammy07:
Good

INEC needs cash for many things.

Payment of APOs and POs on the eve of election

Payment of Security officials

Payment of drivers that will convey the materials to the RAC centers and Polling Unit

Payment of Utilities

Payment of those that attended trainings

Etc

Yauwa
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by kaywhy09(m): 9:28am On Feb 22, 2023
Lemme see
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 22, 2023
Iloveu778:

https://dailytrust.com/inec-gets-cash-for-elections/

Good move, please ensure maximum protection for your staffs before they become a soft target since they're the only one that CBN has allowed to have cash..
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by okpukpu(m): 9:34am On Feb 22, 2023
Just couple of days remaining. Peter Obi is a gift sent to us from God. We must not miss this great opportunity to liberate this country my fellow compatriots. VOTE LABOUR PARTY VOTE PETER OBI
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by Bimpe29: 9:57am On Feb 22, 2023
Rainfall during harmattan in INEC. A lot of hands will be rubbed.
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by justmondris: 10:04am On Feb 22, 2023
What do they need cash for that they cannot do
with transfer? They are just looking for a way to steal money
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by Palmstudy: 10:07am On Feb 22, 2023
Sammy07:
Good

Payment of drivers that will convey the materials to the RAC centers and Polling Unit

Payment of Utilities

Etc

APOs POs and SPOs are not paid on the eve of election and are not paid with cash. For transportation, thats understandable.
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by Sammy07: 10:11am On Feb 22, 2023
Palmstudy:

APOs POs and SPOs are not paid on the eve of election and are not paid with cash. For transportation, thats understandable.

Are you okay?

Something I served as APO 1 last year and I will be serving as SPO this year.
Training allowances were paid by Hand and on eve of election

And I never mentioned SPO being paid by cash
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by chigoizie7(m): 10:25am On Feb 22, 2023
Thedon22:

Clap for yourself! So, let's continue to make new currency scarce even after the elections so that crime and kidnappings will go to zero (sic...! ). Nigerians and their antiquated ways of thinking. Only ruled by mediocres .

The thing that you failed to understand was that the CBN made the new notes available and enough to swap the old notes that were in circulation. Read this again, I said “old notes that were in circulation”. But because the politicians have stashed the old notes in billions in their warehouses. CBN didn’t include or made plans for the unaccounted stolen notes in the politicians hands. When the exercise began, the politicians started bringing out those strikes notes that were not made provisions for and that was what overwhelmed the entire process. Trust me, it’s just unfortunate but we as a nation of over 200 million can not be dancing to the tune of few greedy politicians all the times. Elections are here, they will be gone and you will see how the new notes will fill everywhere. It happened during primaries when dollar became scarce and expensive to get because those politicians took everything to enable them buy the delegates, we all saw what happened immediately the primaries were over. I know that it is bitting hard on the people, but the decisions we make in few days time will determine our next 8years. I have accepted to wait till after elections. After elections these governors going to court now will never follow up with the cases. It’s for them not the people.
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by lailo: 10:45am On Feb 22, 2023
Sammy07:
Good

Payment of Utilities

Etc
FAKE!!!!
INEC only needs cash to pay drivers, others will collect their pay through online transfer after election. That is how they do it.
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:46am On Feb 22, 2023
There will be no excuses this time around....INEC must get it right!
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by Sammy07: 10:52am On Feb 22, 2023
lailo:

FAKE!!!!
INEC only needs cash to pay drivers, others will collect their pay through online transfer after election. That is how they do it.

Sammy07:

Are you okay?

Something I served as APO 1 last year and I will be serving as SPO this year.
Training allowances were paid by Hand and on eve of election

And I never mentioned SPO being paid by cash
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by lailo: 10:59am On Feb 22, 2023
chigoizie7:

The thing that you failed to understand was that the CBN made the new notes available and enough to swap the old notes that were in circulation. Read this again, I said “old notes that were in circulation”. But because the politicians have stashed the old notes in billions in their warehouses. CBN didn’t include or made plans for the unaccounted stolen notes in the politicians hands. When the exercise began, the politicians started bringing out those strikes notes that were not made provisions for and that was what overwhelmed the entire process. Trust me, it’s just unfortunate but we as a nation of over 200 million can not be dancing to the tune of few greedy politicians all the times. Elections are here, they will be gone and you will see how the new notes will fill everywhere. It happened during primaries when dollar became scarce and expensive to get because those politicians took everything to enable them buy the delegates, we all saw what happened immediately the primaries were over. I know that it is bitting hard on the people, but the decisions we make in few days time will determine our next 8years. I have accepted to wait till after elections. After elections these governors going to court now will never follow up with the cases. It’s for them not the people.
Keep deceiving urself and think u are doing Tinubu. They are fooling u guys and u don't know. CBN is doing two programmes at the same time.
1. Prevention of vote buying
2. Cashless policy to grow the naira and kill of banditry, kidnapping etc
Current cash scarcity will help them achieve the first one against the politicians who have stocked up money at homes for elections including APC, PDP and LP politicians e.t.c.
After the election, they will still maintain same cash scarcity to achieve Agendum 2 which is cashless policy to grow the naira and kill of banditry, kidnapping, sponsorship of BH and ESN insurgency etc. If there is enough cash as u mumus are expecting, then the cashless policy is defeated. You guys will be disappointed. When Tinubu people stop their own protest is when u guys will start your own, when u no see any cash after election.
Re: 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections by Johnthesuccess: 11:00am On Feb 22, 2023
Iloveu778:

https://dailytrust.com/inec-gets-cash-for-elections/

So inec got cash while parties can't get cash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Types Of People You See At The Newspaper Stand In The South-east / 2023: 3 Politicians That Will Benefit From APC's Presidency Ticket Zonning / Federal High Court Dismisses Saraki's Application Seeking To Stop His Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.