Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,352 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

How Cryptocurrency Works - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How Cryptocurrency Works (182 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Cryptocurrency Works by rhilwhan(m): 5:32pm On Feb 22, 2023
Bitcoin, Blockchain, Dogecoin, Ethereum, NFTs, and everyone else is talking about cryptocurrencies right now, but what does it all mean? I’ll explain what it is, why it’s becoming more essential, which areas to invest in, and the downside.

WHAT IS IT?
When society was in its early stages, there was no such thing as money, so the only way to buy from someone was to go up to them and say, “I really like your horse and I will trade you my cat for it.” Still, the problem with that system is that even if you are pleased to give out your horse, you may not want a cat, so the trade will never happen. That’s when cash, namely coins, entered the picture. Because they are made of precious elements such as gold and silver, everyone assumed they would be valuable. The name pound comes from the fact that one pound used to equal one pound of silver. It makes no difference if you don’t want my cat; as long as I have coins, we can still deal with your horse. Even if you have no use for the silver, since it is a valuable metal, you have the security of knowing that you can take the coin and offer it to someone else in exchange for something you desire. Convenient, right?

Read More... https://9jawatchtower.com/how-cryptocurrency-works/

(1) (Reply)

77 Young Nigerians Graduate From Honeywell Group, LSETF Programme / VPS Server Price In Delhi / STEM Vs STEAM Education: Key Differences | Must See For A Tech Saavy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.