Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,084 members, 7,811,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) (28058 Views)

Maduka University Enugu Announces School Fees Structure / Maduka University, Ekwegbe: Placing Enugu State On The World Map / Maduka University Ekwegbe, Enugu State In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by AnonPoet: 7:16pm On Feb 22, 2023
Nestled in the heart of Ekwegbe, Enugu, the proposed Maduka University is rapidly taking shape, promising to revolutionise education and tourism in Nigeria. With over 85% completion, the university, which sprawls across 450 hectares of land, is set to become the first entrepreneurship-focused institution in the country. It is the brainchild of Dr. Samuel Maduka Onyishi, a business mogul and founder of Peace Group.

Intending to be city-like, the institution has also made stunning provisions for staff quarters, a world-class campus stadium, an international guest house, a lake resort, a park and recreation centre to cater for children, and most importantly, a primary and secondary school with full boarding facilities. In fact, its secondary school, called Maduka University College, has already begun operations, having opened its doors to welcome secondary school students during the last academic session.

Many might wonder why another private university is being built when quite a number already exist. But what sets Maduka University apart from other higher institutions is its singular focus on entrepreneurship.

Every student will take classes on entrepreneurship that will give them the skills they need to be successful on their own before and after they graduate without having to rely on traditional white-collar jobs.

Even though Maduka University is a private school, it wants to offer a world-class education at a price that the average Nigerian can afford.

The founder of the university, Dr. Onyishi, explains that his mission is rooted in a desire to give back to society and help address the country's ongoing unemployment crisis. As he notes, many Nigerian universities remain theory-focused and don't provide students with the skills they need to succeed in the real world. The lack of entrepreneurial knowledge, skills, and spirit among young people only exacerbates this issue. With the unemployment rate rising, the entrepreneurship gap remains wide.

To make this university a reality, Dr. Onyishi is solely financing the multi-billion naira project from his pocket without any external support, which is a commendable feat!

Upon completion and successful accreditation by the NUC, Maduka University will be the rallying hub for educational acquisition, the training ground for the nation's next set of great entrepreneurs and business leaders, and a credible alternative for Nigerians who desire quality education at an affordable cost.

Hopefully, this will inspire other entrepreneurs to invest in Nigeria's education sector.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by AnonPoet: 7:16pm On Feb 22, 2023
More

8 Likes

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by Omihanifa: 7:32pm On Feb 22, 2023
Having a private university is very profitable grin the return on investment is huge.

42 Likes

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by NlGERlA: 7:51pm On Feb 22, 2023
Where some men dey see this kind money?
I tire o

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 22, 2023
Nigeria university system should be more of technical education.

Craft
Getting hands on the task
We don't need all this biro education again

101 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by Samakus(m): 10:14pm On Feb 22, 2023
No wonder Peace Mass Transit buses are becoming rickety unlike before. Maduka Onyishi has channelled all the money to his university project

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by Vlyrics: 11:07pm On Feb 22, 2023
This looks below standard. I'm still looking for the lecture halls you are showing us court. Na basketball studies be their only course?

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by SWATMan: 4:18am On Feb 23, 2023
Samakus:
No wonder Peace Mass Transit buses are becoming rickety unlike before. Maduka Onyishi has channelled all the money to his university project

grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 4:31am On Feb 23, 2023
One of our problem is that our Education is expensive in Nigeria........... This is d reason why we have many youth without it .........
Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by Sabadon(m): 4:33am On Feb 23, 2023
Reminds me of Dr Maduka grin.......Alex chop that man Sha,

Alex where is my money grin

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by hurryup123(m): 4:36am On Feb 23, 2023
Niggaz and vawulence
Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by DenreleDave(m): 4:42am On Feb 23, 2023
Is this location a desert?
I hope maduka can give full scholarship to Ip0b terrorist and UGm so that they can shun violence and let the Igbo people rest especially their women 😁😁😁😁

2 Likes

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by BigBrother9ja: 4:48am On Feb 23, 2023
No matter what this man does, his brain-dead brothers and tribesmen will still desert him.
The pigs will still call him OSU!

I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS MAN WON'T JUST STOP! THEY DON'T DESERVE ALL THAT HE DOES FOR THEM.

BASTARD HATEFUL BASTARDS.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by BigBrother9ja: 4:53am On Feb 23, 2023
NlGERlA:
I tire o
His Kingsmen will tell you he's into money rituals and that he's OSU
Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by NaijaCover(m): 4:54am On Feb 23, 2023
Money Is Really Good
Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by dauntless15(m): 5:01am On Feb 23, 2023
Just three buildings and a basketball court, good luck finding students.

3 Likes

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by mickeyenglish(m): 5:01am On Feb 23, 2023
What's it with these type of buildings.. Are we regressing in architecture and structural engineering cry
There seem to be no proper planning anymore.. Just aquire a few acres of land land and start throwing blocks and cement all over the place with structure that look like things i can't even describe..

Atleast, we can take a cue from the legacy institutions such as OAU and UI, in retrospect of how our civil engineering and building should be done and carried out.. These things we do have ni taste or aesthetics at all..

This is a picture of Zik Hall in UI na.. We seriously need a revolution within all aspects of our engineering..

Post No Bill

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by ibtommy(m): 5:02am On Feb 23, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
One of our problem is that our Education is expensive in Nigeria........... This is d reason why we have many youth without it .........

Are you sure? Education is very cheap in Nigeria. Go to the Western world and see how their citizens take huge loans to study their courses. Many years after graduating from the schools, they continue to use their salaries to offset the loans. No wonder they get value for their money.

20 Likes

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by eldoradoxx: 5:03am On Feb 23, 2023
Omihanifa:
Having a private university is very profitable grin the return on investment is huge.
When built in area where education is compulsory and part of growing up. Try and build in where Boko is Haram and see who will patronize you

1 Like

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by Jeffy1206(m): 5:05am On Feb 23, 2023
Truth be told, the real igbo billionaires are in the east making money!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by OChimex: 5:15am On Feb 23, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

Craft

Well said. This is why the unemployment is getting crazily high. Unemployable graduated with zero skills. Only grammar and stupid Theories and Laws dem dey teach them.

Here in America, it’s purely skill.

3 Likes

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by OChimex: 5:24am On Feb 23, 2023
AbdulMagaji:

Craft

Well said.

The reason the unemployment is so high in developing countries like Nigeria is the university graduates unemployable graduates with zero skills.

5 Likes

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:25am On Feb 23, 2023
I tire o

The thing shock me too oooo.

1 Like

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by gracealonev: 5:43am On Feb 23, 2023
This is what our man should have been investing in while he was being deceived to waste money on political campaigns.

Truth is, most private persons touch more lives that politicians. Infact, what lives do politicians touch by the way?!

1 Like

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by Lanretoye(m): 5:47am On Feb 23, 2023
A secondary school or what?
Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by OChimex: 5:55am On Feb 23, 2023
mickeyenglish:
What's it with these type of buildings.. Are we regressing in architecture and structural engineering cry
There seem to be no proper planning anymore.. Just aquire a few acres of land land and start throwing blocks and cement all over the place with structure that look like things i can't even describe..

Atleast, we can take a cue from the legacy institutions such as OAU and UI, in retrospect of how our civil engineering and building should be done and carried out.. These things we do have ni taste or aesthetics at all..

This is a picture of Zik Hall in UI na.. We seriously need a revolution within all aspects of our engineering..

Post No Bill

I once said that. Nigeria engineers and architects are just getting dumb

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by willi926(m): 6:04am On Feb 23, 2023
mickeyenglish:

Post No Bill
But ui is a federal govt uni, while this is just a private uni, and still in working progress.

2 Likes

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by bluefilm: 6:07am On Feb 23, 2023
Sabadon:
Reminds me of Dr Maduka grin.......Alex chop that man Sha,

Alex where is my money grin

Hahaha

Alex Reporta really finish that man.

Since then, I never hear pim from the man again.

3 Likes

Re: Proposed Maduka University Now 85% Completed (Pictures) by chinemezeq: 6:20am On Feb 23, 2023
NlGERlA:
Where some men dey see this kind money? I tire o
He is the owner of peace mass transit

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shortage Of Dead Bodies Not Helping Anatomy Study In Nigeria – Prof. Ajao / Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? / UNIILORIN Suspends Lecturers For Whistle Blowing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.