Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary (6939 Views)

Tribunal Sacks Gombe Speaker, Abubakar Luggerewo / Gombe South PDP Senatorial Candidate Wrote This On A Post / Senator Joshua Lidani Defects To APC From PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by Kwanza: 6:03am On Feb 23, 2023
Appeal Court in Gombe State, on Monday, nullified the All Progressives Congress (APC) primary in Gombe South Senatorial Zone that produced Joshua Lidani for Saturday’s election.

Led by Justice Ali Gumel, the court granted Bilyaminu Babadidi’s prayer to set aside the ruling of the Federal High Court in Gombe on December 6, 2022, which ruled in favour of the embattled Lidani.

According to documents obtained by The Guardian, the Appeal Court admitted Babadidi’s reliefs and queried APC for unfair treatment of aspirants, voters and agents during the primariy.

Propped by the report from INEC, the court held there were evidences showing that the primaries were not fair, saying: “There was only one signatory on results of the primaries, excluding other designated signatories.”

The court described the primaries as “fundamentally bad, illegal in its conduct and outcome; thus, the primaries are nullified.”

Meanwhile, APC has rejected the verdict, insisting that its candidate would still stand election this Saturday.

A statement by the Publicity Secretary of the party in the state, Moses Kyari, noted that the party has not been served with the court judgment.

https://guardian.ng/news/appeal-court-sacks-gombe-south-apc-candidate/?utm_term=Autofeed&echobox=twitter_post&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1677126342

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by Kwanza: 6:04am On Feb 23, 2023
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by Kingpin1000: 6:06am On Feb 23, 2023
How many days to the election?
Are APC gonna have a new candidate or they'll be cadidateless.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by shiki(m): 6:44am On Feb 23, 2023
grin courts are one of the major problems of this country

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by Houseofglam7(f): 6:44am On Feb 23, 2023
undecided
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by sslcrypt: 6:44am On Feb 23, 2023
Ok
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by Misterc(m): 6:44am On Feb 23, 2023
........The court described the primaries as “fundamentally bad, illegal in its conduct and outcome; thus, the primaries are nullified.”
This is fundamentally what APC government has been in a short sentence.....

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by phemmie06(m): 6:44am On Feb 23, 2023
This election go sweet gan-an, I go vote for the candidate of my choice

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by princeade86(m): 6:45am On Feb 23, 2023
Ok. Way to go.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by omoh5064: 6:48am On Feb 23, 2023
This one don labor in vain
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by AtikuOkowa: 6:50am On Feb 23, 2023
Goodbye APC
Atiku is all the way

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by ClearFlair: 6:51am On Feb 23, 2023
APC is bad for Nigeria
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by Adeleketoyin(f): 6:52am On Feb 23, 2023
Yoruba ni mi tokantokan sugbon Peter Obi ni choice mi. I am also a card carrying member of PDP in Ondo State but Peter Obi is my choice. Tinubu is not my problem. But whenever I remember that Islamic terrorists like Shettima, El-Rufai and Ganduje will play key roles in his government, I drop whatever I'm doing and go on my knees and start prayers to Almighty God immediately!

May Peter Obi and Datti-Baba Ahmad succeed

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by Ruthless70: 6:56am On Feb 23, 2023
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by scholarsfunding: 6:56am On Feb 23, 2023
2 days to Go
Vote Peter George Obi
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by Obyangel: 6:57am On Feb 23, 2023
APC government/faithfuls are a bunch of idiots, they want bubu to obey court verdicts when it's favourable to them, and turn to desperados when it goes against them.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by Lithiumite: 6:59am On Feb 23, 2023
Adeleketoyin:
Yoruba ni mi tokantokan sugbon Peter Obi ni choice mi. I am also a card carrying member of PDP in Ondo State but Peter Obi is my choice. Tinubu is not my problem. But whenever I remember that Islamic terrorists like Shettima, El-Rufai and Ganduje will play key roles in his government, I drop whatever I'm doing and go on my knees and start prayers to Almighty God immediately!

May Peter Obi and Datti-Baba Ahmad succeed

If you call them islamic terrorists,do you know the view core Muslims have about Peter Obi,who jumps from church to church or his new found friend Orton that has been recklessly whipping up genocidal sentiment against the fulani.......there isn't a monopoly of insults and violence,we all need to be guided at all times

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by Adeleketoyin(f): 7:02am On Feb 23, 2023
Lithiumite:

If you call them islamic terrorists,do you know the view core Muslims have about Peter Obi,who jumps from church to church or his new found friend Orton that has been recklessly whipping up genocidal sentiment against the fulani.......there isn't a monopoly of insults and violence,we all need to be guided at all times
You need to go back to school. You don't understand English yet

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by jaytee01(m): 7:11am On Feb 23, 2023
APC COLLECTING WOTOWOTO EVERYWHERE!

ANYWAY, VOTE OBI FOR A BETTER NIGERIA

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by jaytee01(m): 7:14am On Feb 23, 2023
Lithiumite:

You are mad.

Where did he mention Fulani in his post? Is guilty conscience disturbing you?

Abi, are all of you terrorists?

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by Atlantis585: 7:16am On Feb 23, 2023
The courts are so useless these days especially the cash and carry unsupreme court.

If they are doing their jobs, Thiefnubbu will not qualify to stand with people of great pedigree making fool of himself every time he is out and about.

They had to wait almost until Election Day to sack the basstard after he has invested so much energy and resources.

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by dalongjnr: 7:30am On Feb 23, 2023
These cash & carry judges! The feudal Fulani dominated appeal court have finally denied the Christian community a fair representation at the red chamber. It's sacrilege of justice against the Christian community.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Gombe South APC Candidate, Joshua Lidani, Nullifies Primary by Mrvictorwrite(m): 7:39am On Feb 23, 2023
This time around vote your choice!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bandits Kill Two Villagers, Abduct 7 Others In Kaduna / Au Chairmanship: Jonathan Denies Defeat By Benin Republic's President / Enugu May Lose Power Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.