Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians (6204 Views)

Buhari Launches Website To Counter PDP Attacks (pics) / Lagos Launches Website For Unemployed Youths / James Ibori Launches Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by OAM4J: 10:55pm On Sep 12, 2011
[size=13pt]Fashola launches home ownership scheme for Lagosians[/size]

Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola on Monday moved a step further in his determination to provide affordable housing for Lagosians by launching a website for the proposed Home Ownership Mortgage Scheme and Housing Arbitration Rules.

A statement from the governor’s office said the website would provide all the information required by those wishing to own their own houses.

”The website will serve as data base for all applicants to the Lagos Home Ownership Scheme, christened ‘Lagos HOMS’, from which they will download all needed information, including rules of prequalification as well as the Mortgage Calculator which will enable prospective applicants to calculate the quantum of their income that will go towards settling their mortgage payment,” the statement said.

The website is http://lagoshomsgov.org/index.php/home-mainmenu-1.

Fashola said the scheme would make it possible for qualified individuals to obtain funding upon the contribution of an amount not exceeding 30 per cent of the price of the housing unit, with the balance payable over a period of 10 to 20 years.

However, current home owners would be barred from the scheme as it is primarily geared towards ‘First Time Buyers’. All applicants will have to provide a sworn buyer‘s affidavit attesting to the fact that they do not own property within Lagos.

They will also need to provide proof of employment, residency in Lagos State and evidence of tax payment while any false deposition in the buyer’s affidavit would be a ground for re-possession and other criminal sanctions that may be imposed by law.

The government has designed a structure whereby it would collaborate with named partner banks for the provision of funds to support applicants in the acquisition of homes as well as the management of the pre-qualification procedures.

The Governor said the launch of the Scheme’s website and Housing Arbitration Rules constitute “the first in a series of events that will lead to flagship formal launch of Lagos HOMS in a short while”, adding, “Between now and then, the website will be uploaded with all the necessary information to help prospective buyers under the Scheme make an informed choice”.

“By the date of the formal launch of Lagos HOMS, applicants will have the choice of downloading all the forms from the website and visit the partner banks only to submit completed documents,” Fashola said.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201109122054081
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by segedoo(m): 11:12pm On Sep 12, 2011
A nice development. very laudable. I hope no politicking will jeopardize things!
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by benzerjoe(m): 11:27pm On Sep 12, 2011
This is a good program for masses
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by OAM4J: 5:21am On Sep 13, 2011
Eko o ni baje!
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by itiswell1(m): 7:13am On Sep 13, 2011
OAM4J:

Eko o ni baje!

O baje ti
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by nasoeb: 8:00am On Sep 13, 2011
Nice one

He is indeed doing well
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by clip: 8:08am On Sep 13, 2011
Good for the people.I think the process of accessing the fund will not be difficult after the payment of the 30% contribution.
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by snthesis(m): 12:13pm On Sep 13, 2011
location is key!!!!
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by Jencejyde(m): 1:57pm On Sep 13, 2011
Round of applause to his Excellency!!!! Eko o ni baje oh!
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by blacksta(m): 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2011
Definitely a man on a mission - rather than making ridiculous claims such as " I will build airports in every state"
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by siobahn: 3:42pm On Sep 13, 2011
cool Weldone Fashola!
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by jason123: 3:43pm On Sep 13, 2011
Nice one !!!!
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by waleola1: 4:04pm On Sep 13, 2011
I hope its for the average lagosian. Dont expect an average man to pay 3m as a down payment. And u think that would be for 1st timer in home ownership.
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by Tavenue: 4:58pm On Sep 13, 2011
Nice on!

But why Outsource the Website Development Project Abroad?

Our Boys in Naija can do better than this,
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by Pukkah: 5:06pm On Sep 13, 2011
This is a good one. However, they should ensure that the houses go to the right people and not moneybags that would use it for business.
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by abbyode(m): 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2011
Na wa ooo, see lagosians!
There is serious traffic on the web-space leading to the site.
I got this error:

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at lagoshomsgov.org Port 80
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by norrisman: 7:42pm On Sep 13, 2011
I am normally against Fashola because I know he is part of the chop I chop system but if this one program is successful, that alone would be enough for me to take all I have said against him and give him all the kudos.

Cheapest house on scheme = N3 million
30% deposit = N900,000 ( Achievable, I know single boys who are paying N700,000 as rent per year)
Balance paid over 10 - 20 years = (N210,000 - N400,000/ year) (More than achievable, see above)

I just hope this will be available to all and not just to a few cronies.
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by member479760: 9:13pm On Sep 13, 2011
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by member479760: 9:17pm On Sep 13, 2011
urgently, i need one this house! i hope bribe no go follow to get one, if bribe join di thing then the price will become 10 mil.
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by ektbear: 9:18pm On Sep 13, 2011
Fashola baba

Despite what some would have you believe (djustice, for example), the ACN is largely a force for good.
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by djustice: 10:14pm On Sep 13, 2011
Which kain force for good? As nairaland busy reach, have you ever heard of bandwidth problems? Seriously? My friend, just start by finding out why they had to outsource the web development overseas, then also find out the COST of development and hosting of the site.

Once you find that information, eventually, you will understand why I'm so mad at Fashola and his murderous boss.

ekt_bear:

Fashola baba

Despite what some would have you believe (djustice, for example), the ACN is largely a force for good.
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by djustice: 10:16pm On Sep 13, 2011
Meanwhile, all the mugus praising Fashola here have not bothered to ask which houses he's going to sell for N3m, when between him and Tinubu, they've built nothing in that price range in 12 years.

Nigerians are so gullible. Awon ode dede.
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by ektbear: 10:25pm On Sep 13, 2011
djustice:

Which kain force for good? As nairaland busy reach, have you ever heard of bandwidth problems? Seriously? My friend, just start by finding out why they had to outsource the web development overseas, then also find out the COST of development and hosting of the site.

Once you find that information, eventually, you will understand why I'm so mad at Fashola and his murderous boss.

Perhaps they weren't expecting as much traffic as they got. That is not unreasonable.

Going cheap on web development generally leads to crappy results. . . so not terrible that they hired someone abroad to do the gig.

Hosting in general should be done abroad; it isn't like you can really host from Nigeria, right?
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by seanet02: 10:32pm On Sep 13, 2011
djustice you better go for mental test at aro. Sicko
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by Gbawe: 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2011
ekt_bear:

Fashola baba

Without a doubt.
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by seanet02: 10:38pm On Sep 13, 2011
Fashola na the real koko.
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by software(m): 10:52pm On Sep 13, 2011
good.
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by member479760: 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2011
This is ridiculous if a consultancy company cannot put a functionally website online for a state government. One can build a dynamic and interactive site even with copy and paste. those are the people we called graduate to build this country for us. i can blame dem sa, if the lecturers no even know, how the graduate go know! the website na disgrace! education don finish for this country.
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by Myself2(m): 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2011
Pure SCAM intended to fool the gullible and play to the gallery

Pray tell,since Fashola became governor how many housing estates has Lagos state built and for how much did they sell the units of the various prototypes.For instance,a unit of 3 BR in a block of flats in that Agege estate was sold by Fashola's govt for N12 million naira,so who's fooling who.I think with the stiff opposition his hypocritical,poorly conceived and ill-advised tenancy law met with(especially as developers challenged him to point out housing estates his government built and sold @ tenant friendly rates;that would've made the provisions in that useless bill feasible),Fashola and his advisers are just trying to save face
Re: Fashola Launches Website For Home Ownership Scheme For Lagosians by sexibabes: 7:38pm On Sep 14, 2011
Why was the website developed by someone in the UK, what happened to all the IT gurus in naija

(1) (2) (Reply)

MEND Promises To Attack South African Investments In N'Delta / Nigerian Killed Senator Gyang Datong Over Satellite Pictures,how many more to go / NNPC In Questionable Egina FPSO Award To Samsung

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.