Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,563 members, 7,861,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:40 PM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 66. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 66. (147 Views)

Bishop Godwin Elomobor Dies At 66 / Why Faith Is Delusional / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 66. by PastorSomba(m): 5:18pm On Feb 23, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 66.

Colossians 1:16-17 (KJV) "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

66. In the old testament and under the law faith could not be revealed because man did not own all things in heaven, earth and under the earth. But in the man Jesus all things in heaven, earth and under neath the earth now belongs to man. As a result, by faith in Christ Jesus we can believe for all things and receive all things in heaven, earth and underneath. The man Jesus now owns all things and in Him and through faith in Him and in His name, all things are ours and all things are possible to him that believes in His name. Faith only believes and receives what belongs to him. Faith does not believe or receive what does not belong to him. Hence for your faith to work you must believe that what you are asking God to give or what you are demanding in the name of Jesus already belongs to you in Christ Jesus.

Most people's faith fail because they go to God begging God to give them something, believing that since it belongs to God if they can cry enough and beg God enough He will have pity on them and give them what they are asking for. This is not Christianity. This mentality is very common among those who do not see themselves as sons of God but as poor sinners who repented of their sins, confessed their sins and God forgave them and saved them. So they are to go through life doing everything possible to make it to heaven and begging God to help them from time to time of need. They live in constant fear, doubt, anxiety and unbelief that they might not make to heaven and that they are not entitled to any thing good in this world. They believe more in the power of the devil on earth than that of God. They see themselves constantly unworthy before God. But in Christ Jesus we are worthy and very precious to God because we have been accepted in the beloved.

For such Christians God is only a visitor that comes once in a while to help if we pray, fast, cry and beg Him enough. They don't see God as a Father and they don't know God as a Father. They own nothing and unconsciously they believe the devil owns everything. God cannot give you what does not belong to you. God cannot give you what you do not believe belongs to you. The prodigal son and his elder brother in Luke 15:11-32 is a very good example. While the prodigal son knows and believes all that the father owns belongs to him by inheritance, on the other hand the elder brother believes he owns nothing so he has to work hard to please the father so that the father can give him something. God only gives us by faith what already belongs to us in Christ Jesus. As a believer you are born of the word and it is the word that created all things for Himself and for His pleasure which includes you. Grace be with you. Galatians 3:16-29; Philippians 2:5-11; John 1:1-3; 8:44; 10:10; 11:45; 14:13-14; Matthew 7:7; Mark 9:23; 11:23-24; 1Corinthians 3:21-23; Luke 1:37,45; James 1:5-8; Ephesians 1:3,6-7,14,19-23; 2Peter 1:3-4; Revelation 4:11; Hebrews 1:1-3; 1Peter 2:23; Psalm 24:1; 50:10-12; Haggai 2:8; Ezekiel 18:4; Acts 20:28; Colossians 3:1-4;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

All Churches Running Expensive Schools Are Not Sent By God! / The Joy Of Loving God! / Steps To Forgiveness (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.