Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,813 members, 7,824,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

UN Peace Ambassador, Dr. Ayishetu Call For Peaceful Election - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / UN Peace Ambassador, Dr. Ayishetu Call For Peaceful Election (197 Views)

United Nation Peace Ambassador Dr. Enape Celebrates IWD In New York City / Signing Of Peace Accord With President Jonathan Contributed To Peaceful Election / Hon Uche Okonkwo Calls For Peaceful Coexistence And Development Of Idemili L.G.A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UN Peace Ambassador, Dr. Ayishetu Call For Peaceful Election by PeterOnu(m): 10:15am On Feb 24, 2023
A CALL FOR PEACE DURING NIGERIAN’s 2023 ELECTION AND AFTER ELECTION BY HER EXCELLENCY AMBASSADOR DR. (MRS). ENAPE VICTORIA AYISHETU, PEACE AMBASSADOR TO UNITED NATION FOR NON-GOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATION IN SPECIAL CONSULTATIVE STATUS ON ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL COUNCIL (ECOSOC)

The necessity of peace in our wonderful country, Nigeria, has forced me to break my usual political silence at this time.

As things stand, we can only currently call Nigeria home. I'm not afraid to state that I'm proud to be a Nigerian. Consequently, it has become crucial for me to make this message of peace at this pivotal moment in our country's history. First and foremost, I want to express my profound gratitude to God for his protection and provision over our lives as Nigerians both inside and outside of Nigeria, despite the country's security issues and poverty, which thousands of lives were lost right in front of our eyes. We call for peace both before and after the 2023 election as we mourn those who have died in one way or another over the past few years while keeping our heads up and safeguarding the protection of the survivors.

A state of quietness or  tranquillity  is called peace. It is an environment in which people coexist peacefully without agitation, disruption, argument, insult, hostility, violence, fighting, or murder. When there is harmony between two people, a group of people, or a community and there is goodwill, love, kindness, understanding, peacefulness, justice, and serenity, there is peace.

THE CRITICALITY OF PEACE DURING AND AFTER ELECTION: It is important to emphasize the peaceful environment both during and after the 2023 elections. It is significant to mention that for a prosperous and better future in our nation of Nigeria, peace is crucial. Brother or sister, life goes on after the election. Election should be viewed as such because it is not the end of our lives. A peaceful election will improve the lives of Nigerians and pave ways for their peaceful coexistence. Peace makes it possible and simple for our nation to advance, develop, grow, be happy, build trust, and cooperate. Our nation needs peace for peaceful cooperation, to lessen stress, depression, worry, and terror, and to prevent premature death. It is for advancement, development, growth, enjoyment, etc. Both international cooperation and direct foreign investment will be encouraged. Respect for law and order, respect for human lives and dignity, acceptance of difference, respect for each other, love and peace that promotes long life and prosperity are all welcomed.

Elections come and go, and regardless of whether it favor some people or not, we are expected to get on with our daily lives. We still have more opportunities ahead of us, which should give everyone who cares about Nigeria comfort. Elections shouldn't be life or death situations for everybody engaged. The road's bend is never the conclusion of the journey. Your life is what matters most because there is hope when there is life. In the end, we are no better than others who have passed away in the previous several years, months, days, or even yesterday/today. Hence, if you lose, accept it graciously because you can always try again later. Keep in mind that the current President Muhammadu Buhari ran for office numerous times before being elected in 2014.

AVOID THE FOLLOWING IN THE INTERESTS OF PEACE DURING AND AFTER ELECTION:

Please ensure that there is justice and fairness at the polling places in all the states that make up the federal government.

In order for Nigerians to elect the leaders of their choice without coercion, force, manipulation, etc., there must not be any vote-buying of any form. Given that a good and trustworthy leader won't impose themselves on others, let the citizens choose their leaders by themselves.

Government representatives who will be present at polling places and coalition centers nationwide need to act fairly. Keep in mind that there's always someone observing you and what you do (THE ALMIGHTY GOD). He cannot be tricked or bought. We might find it interesting that God Almighty cares about maintaining the peace among His people and would fight against anyone who tries to use this election to obliterate lives and property. We are therefore urged to exercise caution in all that we do during this specific election in order to protect ourselves.

No violence should occur for whatever reasons. Please cast your vote for whoever candidate you want without hesitation, and act appropriately. Make sure there are no spaces left at the voting unit for dispute of any kind.

And for those who have lost credibility and have chosen to take advantage of our people's current hardship and poverty to spend our hard-earned Nigeria money on vote buying just to impose themselves on Nigerians against their will, please try to do it well this time around to show Nigerians that you are not one of those corrupt politicians who always buy their ways in either by hook or by crook for their selfish reasons, which can never be in the country's best interest. We need a free and fair election, don't attempt to interfere with the process of this very election in the interest of peace of our country.

All political thugs are urged to retire from politics immediately, sit down, and reflect on their own lives, the lives of their children, the health of their immediate and extended families, and the future of Nigeria before laying down their weapons for the sake of peace in our nation. Please refuse to allow your brother or sister, whom the Almighty God created because of election, to be used to end human lives. Let's make this election peaceful so that history will remember us. Elections shouldn't be fought in.

Please I advise you, no one should be made to vote for a certain candidate at the polls; instead, everyone should be allowed to cast their ballots in accordance with their conscience.

In order to avoid being utilized by one political party against another for any reason, security officers should perform their duties.

Finally, I urge each and every voter to vote in the election. Choosing corrupt leaders through coercion, manipulation, inducement, intimidation, or by force would be very harmful for us as a nation, so I would want to pray that the Almighty God would guard us, lead us, and direct us. Citizens that are not corrupt can never be produced by a corrupt leader. With these few words, I believe that our nation will be a better place if every citizen heeds this invitation or call for peace made today, February 24, 2023. Election will begin tomorrow February 25, 2023. I  wish everyone luck in the elections.

Respectfully yours;

H.E Amb. (Mrs). Enape Victoria Ayishetu,PhD, FCCA,FCTI,FCFP,FCT,FCE,FCFA,FCE,CPFA,CFE,MNIM

Peace Ambassador to United Nation for Non-governmental Organization in Special Consultative Status on Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)

Re: UN Peace Ambassador, Dr. Ayishetu Call For Peaceful Election by ajebonne(m): 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2023
Vote wisely and for the right candidate

(1) (Reply)

AI Coloring Books Empire � / Trusted Crypto Trading / How To Have An Edge Over The Markets �

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.