Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Proud Of Nigeria: It Depends On You Too - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Proud Of Nigeria: It Depends On You Too (119 Views)

What Did You Accomplish This Year That You Are Proud Of? / Nigeria It Is Time To Wake-up. A Wake-up Call By Azubike Omenye / STARBOY, Even If You Don't Want To Be The Next President Of Nigeria, It's Too La (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Proud Of Nigeria: It Depends On You Too by INSPIREDNBLESSE(f): 10:24am On Feb 24, 2023
Yesterday I stood still while the National anthem was sung at my children's school. A parent passed by me with her ward, sighed and said with sarcasm, THIS NIGERIA! and walked on. I sang as the pupils sang too. The second stanza of our national anthem speaks of love, honesty, truth, justice, peace, attaining great lofty heights, leaders guided by God etc. I love the lines and sang with faith.
Certainly, she is neither happy with the many ills that has bedeviled the Nation nor find any need for me or anyone to show respect for the national anthem. Truth be told, she's not alone in that shoe

We are resilient despite all we have gone through in Nigeria, but not proud of our own.
Don't sit at home tomorrow, go and vote but please vote for a better Nigeria you can stand attention for! Be decisive, be intentional, it's not a public holiday to rest and watch TV, it's election day. Do it for a new Nigeria we all can be proud of.
You may not have cash but don't receive new notes worth 10k just to vote the Nigeria that makes that woman and many others angry.

Let Nigeria be born, Live and Flourish again. Amen.
#I will vote, I hope you will too!

(1) (Reply)

Eric Holder Jailed For 60 Years In Prison For The Murder Of Nipsey Hussle / What You Have To Do To Make More More With Less Energy And Drive More Impact / Take Your Freelancing Career To The Next Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.