Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central (38299 Views)

Kogi Central Organises March For Bola Tinubu (Video, Pictures) / Police Intercept Truck Carrying 147 Passengers From Zamfara Heading South / Osun Election 2022: Police Intercept Thugs With Locally Made Guns And Charms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by Gucciblog: 10:49am On Feb 24, 2023
BREAKING 🚨

Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged by Kogi Govt to Cutoff Roads to Prevent INEC Officials From Accessing Kogi Central.

Barely 48hrs to the 2023 general elections, the Nigeria Police on Thursday arrested workers of CCECC construction firm allegedly engaged by the Kogi State government to cutoff roads to prevent INEC officials and other other stakeholders from accessing the senatorial district.

According to the workers; Mr. Ismail Abdulganiyu and Sheidu Amoto who were arrested by the police while digging pits in major access roads to Okehi local government area, they stated that they were commissioned by the Okehi Local Government Chairman, Hon. Abdulraheem Ohiare and instructed to carryout the assignment by one Mr. Toni, the project manager of the company in Kogi State.

Upon interrogation, Ismail confessed that he is a staff of CCECC construction firm while Sheidu said he is a staff of Kogi State Ministry of Works; admitting to the collaboration between CCECC construction firm and Kogi State Ministry of Works to block access roads in Kogi Central ahead of the February 25, 2023 general elections.

As at the time of filing this report, the
CCECC firm has already dug pits in four major access roads in Okehi local government area

Several reports confirmed that the company under the order of the Kogi State government will carry out the same assignment in other four local government areas of Kogi Central to prevent INEC officials from accessing the senatorial district and prevent the impending defeat of the APC candidates.

https://twitter.com/innocent_etta/status/1628908730686353408?t=xMdtrTpePpQXzYK2AfFQkA&s=19

Governor Yahaya-Led Kogi Government Allegedly Engages Construction Firm To Cut Off Roads, Frustrate Elections In Certain Communities

Operatives of the Kogi State Command of the Nigeria Police Force on Thursday intercepted workers of Chinese construction firm, CCECC, allegedly engaged by Governor Yahaya Bello-led Kogi State government to cut off roads leading to Kogi Central Senatorial District.

The plot, it was learnt, was to prevent the officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), security agents and other stakeholders from accessing the senatorial district during the Saturday presidential and National Assembly elections.

SaharaReporters gathered that the workers who identified themselves as Mr. Ismail Abdulganiyu and Sheidu Amoto were arrested by the police while digging pits in major access roads leading to Okehi Local Government Area of the state.

Amoto, who said he works with the Kogi State Ministry of Works, confessed that he was called the project manager of the ministry while Abdulganiyu who said he used to work with Julius Beggar in Lagos said he was called by the Chairman of Okehi Local Government Area, Abdulraheem Ohiare.
The duo however denied being aware that they were called to cut off the road.

While being interrogated by a member of the Senatorial district, Amoto who said he hails from Okehi Local Government Area said he was in his house on Thursday morning when his boss, the Project Manager with CCECC whom he simply identified as Mr. Yawh called him.

"When he called me, he said I should join Lobeth at Agasa Junction. I took a bike to Agasa Junction and I saw Lobeth coming and I joined the Lobeth. He then called me, that I should ask the operator, that the operator knows what to do and where to work.

"They said we should wait and reaching there, I called them that we are here. They said that since I don't know the particular place to work, we should stand and wait until we receive order from Yawh, the project manager with CCECC. The equipment at the site belongs to CCECC."

Amoto however denied being aware that the construction firm used their equipment to cut the road asunder at night.

"I'm not aware. If I'm aware, I wouldn't have come because during the time Wada, I supervised that road. It is my project."
Also, Abdulganiyu "I was not asked to come and cut road. Hon. Ohiare, the Okehi Local Government Chairman called me yesterday and asked me to go and meet Engineer Tony, that he will take me to where I will supervise a work. I was not aware that the equipment were used in cutting off the road."

https://saharareporters.com/2023/02/23/governor-yahaya-led-kogi-government-allegedly-engages-construction-firm-cut-roads

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by Gucciblog: 10:50am On Feb 24, 2023
Nawa o

104 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by Massiveglory: 10:55am On Feb 24, 2023
The devil is better than some of our leaders.
Reject apc for your own good.
Reject darkened darkness for your own sake.

PODATTI is a divine gift to Nigeria.
Let there be light in the land.

412 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by SLAP44: 10:57am On Feb 24, 2023
They should quickly repair the road so that people can pass and vote for Peter Obi.

335 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by OgbeniOja1: 10:58am On Feb 24, 2023
Apcheat

30 Likes

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by slimfit1(m): 11:02am On Feb 24, 2023
Inec no drones

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by Iagos: 11:19am On Feb 24, 2023
Nigerians.

See creativity in corruption

162 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by ThiefnubuBandit: 11:19am On Feb 24, 2023
These are miscreants sent by the drug criminal, Gbola Thiefnubuu to gather irrelevant sympathy. Loser!

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by salbis(m): 11:19am On Feb 24, 2023
Criminal structures shall be destroyed in couple of hours to come.

VOTE WISELY!

117 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by Umitive: 11:19am On Feb 24, 2023
Apc and Tinubu are criminals. We are fully awake, watching them like watchdogs. This is part of their structure. Structure of criminality and stealing grin shocked.
VOTE WISELY

132 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by nairadatti: 11:19am On Feb 24, 2023
God punish Bello

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by opalu: 11:20am On Feb 24, 2023
Hmm
Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by Thewrath(m): 11:20am On Feb 24, 2023
Since apc is so confident,why go this far? Lol

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by Tribal: 11:20am On Feb 24, 2023
Danisaint112:
These better not be true oo. If not a rerun would have to set if the election is concluded.

This is the so called damn structure they all have.

I dreamt Tinubu won the election but I rejected, cash and forbid the dream immediately.
You are the 15TH Person that I've seen that said they Dreamt that Bola Tinubu Won this Election and they saw him on National TV as Nigerian President addressing the Nation. It means it's already Settled by ALMIGHTY in the Spirit Realm. Truly, from the way he Still Emerged againt all Odds of massive shenanigans that his enemies tried against him because they wanted one of the Nigeria Invaders' Tribe to win during the Primaries, every intelligent Person agrees that Tinubu has been Destined to become the President of Nigeria, and nothing can change that. The earlier we all unite to Begin to Pray for his Tenue as Nigerian President to favour us for great National Development and Unprecedented Progress the better for us. Biden, Buhari, Bola, etc. Haven't you noticed that the most abused and ridiculed Presidential Candidate ends us becoming President in this Era?!
benitwater:
Which structure una get before?
Know this and know peace,
Asiwaju Baba Bola Ahmed Tinubu is winning this Saturday presidential election.
Exactly!

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by wethebest(m): 11:20am On Feb 24, 2023
tinubu, his co thieves and apc re so desperate bt God will disgrace all of dem tomorrow. Bastards

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by Felabrity: 11:20am On Feb 24, 2023
Kogi and thuggery
5 and 6

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by Upworkwriter007(f): 11:20am On Feb 24, 2023
SLAP44:
They should quickly repair the road so that people can pass and vote for Peter Obi.
Nah state road nah. Best if the populace can come together and fill the road.

3 Likes

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by berlusconib2: 11:20am On Feb 24, 2023
sad
This is very bad, what kind of leaders do we have in this country?
9ja wake up let's vote them out PDAPC Out.

PO for president...
Vote LP
Vote ObiDati

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by Anthony0094(m): 11:20am On Feb 24, 2023
this our politicians are the real devil

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by tishbite42: 11:20am On Feb 24, 2023
Yeye Bello and his inborn wickedness

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by updatechange(m): 11:20am On Feb 24, 2023
Na real waa for this people o

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by Codeblues(m): 11:21am On Feb 24, 2023
Hmm
Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by abobote: 11:21am On Feb 24, 2023
Nigeria will never be better with all these wicked souls everywhere

10 Likes

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by padi94(m): 11:21am On Feb 24, 2023
Na wa o ... APC

5 Likes

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by Hafeexla(m): 11:21am On Feb 24, 2023
NO credible source therefore it is a fake news

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by TossTos: 11:21am On Feb 24, 2023
Oh my Goodness
This is crazy .....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by kaludestiny10(m): 11:21am On Feb 24, 2023
They will never succeed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by MadeInTokyo: 11:21am On Feb 24, 2023
Tinubu and APC have lost this election, they are desperate for election not to hold

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Intercept Construction Firm Engaged To Cutoff Roads In Kogi Central by batsiderine: 11:21am On Feb 24, 2023
Bello you will fail insha Allah

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Writes A Letter To Biden On 2023 Presidential Elections / Reactions From Nigerians As NLC Calls Off Strike / Nigeria History with the "Organization Of Islamic Conference (oic)"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.