Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi (1484 Views)

OBJ, IBB, Abdulsalami, Gusau, Abdullahi Are Supporting Peter Obi - Sowore / Your State And Who You Are Supporting For The 2023 Election / An Ibo Man's View Of Ibos And Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 24, 2023
It’s crazy they all support the only Ibo candidate but call Yoruba tribalist for supporting the Yoruba candidate. Make it make sense. cheesy

Tinubu at least has the transformation of Lagos and gradual revival of Ogun to show if he’s competent or not. Obi on the other hand was a colossal failure as a governor and was high ranking official in GEJ’s government which was also a colossal failure. The only constant thing with Obi is colossal failure like all his businesses.

If you’re Yoruba, don’t let Ibos hoodwink you with their hypocritical manipulation. Obi has nothing to offer and voting Tinubu doesn’t make you tribalistic. Obi must be rejected in the SW because he will destroy the small progress we have made and turn the region into the failure in Iboland.

Be wise.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by unclejb2(m): 4:07pm On Feb 24, 2023
Tinubu is a sick old drug lord.

If you put Osinbajo and Orji Kalu, Igbos would massively support Osinbajo.

We support based on competence and accountability not tribe.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by AcuraZDX: 4:08pm On Feb 24, 2023
All these stupid analogy!!

2 South East governors and their structures are supporting Tinubu and yet you're not still happy?

Dear Urchin, what do you really want?

I thought you guys said Structure wins Election?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by Neckpresser101: 4:08pm On Feb 24, 2023
Look at what Tinubu has reduced you to
Petty tribalist

You tell other not to vote obi but expect hausas to vote Tinubu

No be JuJu be that?

Igbos voted OBJ

How Many times have you voted an igbo candidate

Most sophisticated tribalists

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by wegevv: 4:09pm On Feb 24, 2023
Kyase is one of the biggest Obi haters on nairaland. This was his assessment of Obi as governor of Anambra.

Kyase:

I was in anambra during Obi’s tenure
Was staying in the home town of the then deputy governor and I think Obi did well to say the truth

Dear Obidients. I would again strongly advice you to stay away from nairaland on this last day before the election. This place remains infested with hired promoters like OP to make you believe that APC's win is inevitable and mess with your psyche.

That is a lie. The fact that APC has given us the worst Federal Government in the history of our country is inarguable. Even the paid propagandist and sadistic APC supporters don't try to argue this fact. And it was the current APC candidate that masterminded it all.

Instead go and spend time with your family and friends. Walk down your street and engage a stranger. Call your relatives in the village. You will find that most Nigerians have completely rejected APC and their candidate.

The truth is many of the hired promoters posting here will also reject APC on election day. Times are hard due to this APC government so they are just hustling to feed their families

Better days are coming. Vote Obi ❤️

5 Likes

Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 24, 2023
unclejb2:

Liar. cheesy

If they had picked Osinbajo, you will use the failures of Buhari to campaign against him. You Ibo aren’t as smart as you think. It’s always about you.

6 Likes

Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by BossGerald: 4:11pm On Feb 24, 2023
Tribalism can never help you tifnubu urchins...Nigerians are still suffering your mistake of 2015 and 2019.

Never again.

Vote OBI2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by Brendaniel: 4:12pm On Feb 24, 2023
gaffmanor:
It’s crazy they all support the only Ibo candidate but call Yoruba tribalist for supporting the Yoruba candidate. Make it make sense. cheesy

Tinubu at least has the transformation of Lagos and gradual revival of Ogun to show if he’s competent or not. Obi on the other hand was a colossal failure as a governor and was high ranking official in GEJ’s government which was also a colossal failure. The only constant thing with Obi is colossal failure like all his businesses.

If you’re Yoruba, don’t let Ibos hoodwink you with their hypocritical manipulation. Obi has nothing to offer and voting Tinubu doesn’t make you tribalistic. Obi must be rejected in the SW because he will destroy the small progress we have made and turn the region into the failure in Iboland.

Be wise.

Oga, even Ikpeazu might perform better than Tinubu if he is given Lagos to govern, see Fashola people were praising as Lagos state governor failed woefully at the federal level, so don't use Anambra to compare Lagos in terms of Governor performance...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by richie240: 4:12pm On Feb 24, 2023
They don't mind a deltan supporting okowa, neither do they mind a hausa/fulani man supporting Atiku. . . But a yorubaman shd dare not support tinubu
They will call u tribalist for choosing to vote tinubu under any guise.
Ndi-clowns!
cool

2 Likes

Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by FreeStuffsNG: 4:13pm On Feb 24, 2023
@OP. It is good if they are doing so out of patriotic zeal and not theIr apparent politics of lies, ignorance, envy, bigotry and hatred .

When Mr Obi loses , it will confirm my hypothesis that the Igbo population is a minority population vote wink Serious Igbo politicians know they do not have the numbers like the Hausa and Yoruba.

The 3 super majority tribes by population in Nigeria are Hausa, Yoruba and Fulani. To win election, get at least 2 of these super majority tribes. Asiwaju has the 3 super majority tribes.

4 Likes

Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 4:13pm On Feb 24, 2023
support your own candidate, make we hear word
Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by Kyase(m): 4:13pm On Feb 24, 2023
wegevv:
Kyase is one of the biggest Obi haters on nairaland. This was his assessment of Obi as governor of Anambra.

Dear Obidients. I would again strongly advice you to stay away from nairaland on this last day before the election. This place remains infested with hired promoters like OP to make you believe that APC's win is inevitable and mess with your psyche.

That is a lie. The fact that APC has given us the worst Federal Government in the history of our country is inarguable. Even the paid propagandist and sadistic APC supporters don't try to argue this fact. And it was the current APC candidate that masterminded it all.

Instead go and spend time with your family and friends. Walk down your street and engage a stranger. Call your relatives in the village. You will find that most Nigerians have completely rejected APC and their candidate.

The truth is many of the hired promoters posting here will also reject APC on election day. Times are hard due to this APC government so they are just hustling to feed their families

Better days are coming. Vote Obi ❤️

Unfortunately, obi can't win
Any campaign against obi is done by PDP
APC are the biggest beneficiary of labour to say the fact
The damage labour will do to PDP, only a miracle can make PDP win

Tinubu is running away with This election bro

4 Likes

Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by ezegold4we: 4:13pm On Feb 24, 2023
99.9% are behind Obi and over 45% of eligible voters that will be voting tomorrow Nationwide are voting Peter Obi ,the only person that will stop Peter Obi is Only God.
Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by Urheadmaster(m): 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2023
The same tulubo that have been losing supporters from the 3 super majority tribes lately tongue
FreeStuffsNG:
@OP. It is good if they are doing so out of patriotic zeal and confirms my hypothesis that the Igbo population is a minority population vote wink

The 3 super majority tribes by population in Nigeria are Hausa, Yoruba and Fulani. To win election, get at least 2 of these super majority tribes. Asiwaju has the 3 super majority tribes.

Obi is coming tongue
Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by unclejb2(m): 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2023
gaffmanor:

Liar. cheesy

If they had picked Osinbajo, you will use the failures of Buhari to campaign against him. You Ibo aren’t as smart as you think. It’s always about you.
so in your right senses now, you would want a sick old unstable demented and corrupt drug lord to become president simply because he is from your tribe?

We suppose offer you to Boko Haram terrorists in a prisoner swap
Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by tsephanyah(f): 4:15pm On Feb 24, 2023
Let them support him. ah, ah, urchins support your own. Let everyone support his own... This election is clearly not about competency. I rooted for osibanjo ready to spend money in his campaign.... But that old corrupt Don el tinubu hijacked it with his drug money.. So I'm here to support my own. A Fulani Muslim
Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 24, 2023
Brendaniel:

Oga, even Ikpeazu might perform better than Tinubu if he is given Lagos to govern, see Fashola people were praising as Lagos state governor failed woefully at the federal level, so don't use Anambra to compare Lagos in terms of Governor performance...

Yes, that’s why Delta, Rivers and Akwa Ibom still can’t measure up despite the money they get.

Ikpeazu needs to show he can generate revenue with IGR like Tinubu did in Lagos before I can take you seriously. That’s a basic requirement, not managing over 20million people in a small space, which is the hard work.

2 Likes

Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by Aldol: 4:22pm On Feb 24, 2023
No mind the tribalist. It's so unfortunate that they have succeeded in hookwinking the weak minded yorubas among us but they are in the minority

2 Likes

Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by Brendaniel: 4:22pm On Feb 24, 2023
gaffmanor:

Yes, that’s why Delta, Rivers and Akwa Ibom still can’t measure up despite the money they get.

Ikpeazu needs to show he can generate revenue with IGR like Tinubu did in Lagos before I can take you seriously. That’s a basic requirement, not managing over 20million people in a small space, which is the hard work.

That's the mistake you guys are making, just imagine you compare Abuja's IGR with that of Kogi state even though they share boundaries, a state that was former fct for about 77 years with FG investments and a state that was created in about 1980 something with war that ravaged the cities eaarlier on and so on to just start competing like that in IGR.

Let's be logical about our comparison....
Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 24, 2023
Brendaniel:

That's the mistake you guys are making, just imagine you compare Abuja's IGR with that of Kogi state even though they share boundaries, a state that was former fct for about 77 years with FG investments and a state that was created in about 1980 something with war that ravaged the cities eaarlier on and so on to just start competing like that in IGR.

Let's be logical about our comparison....

Disingenuous word salad.

Lagos Island was the capital of Nigeria, the rest of Lagos state was part of the Western Region.

Even up until 1999, other parts of Lagos were like everywhere else in Nigeria. The only places that were alright were Lagos Island, Victoria Island and Ikoyi.

Lagos state didn’t benefit anything from Nigeria, only Lagos Island did. Learn to know the difference between the two.

3 Likes

Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by 0monnak0da: 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2023
unclejb2:

So why support Atiku in 2019?

2 Likes

Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by Ttalk: 4:33pm On Feb 24, 2023
unclejb2:

Go and buy form for Osinbajo and support him, after all Miyeti Alla bought form for Emefiele

3 Likes

Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by jude79(m): 4:35pm On Feb 24, 2023
gaffmanor:

Be wise.

Over 90% of Ibos supported obasanjo, over 90% of Ibos supported Yar adua, so it's not today that ibos started supporting competent candidates, the only president they didn't support is Muhammad buhari, and he turned out to be a disaster, you remember that Nigerian proverb, anywhere you go, you no see ibo mam there, leave that place immediately, na so ide for voting, any candidate wee you see say ibos no supportam, leave that candidate, na darkness the candidate go bring

Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by Brendaniel: 4:41pm On Feb 24, 2023
gaffmanor:

Disingenuous word salad.

Lagos Island was the capital of Nigeria, the rest of Lagos state was part of the Western Region.

Even up until 1999, other parts of Lagos were like everywhere else in Nigeria. The only places that were alright were Lagos Island, Victoria Island and Ikoyi.

Lagos state didn’t benefit anything from Nigeria, only Lagos Island did. Learn to know the difference between the two.

This are all lies, my mum was born in Lagos, I lived in Lagos from 1990, so I know Lagos very well and I lived in Ikeja even before Tinubu was governor, I lived a street away from Marwa(the then military administrator), The bomb that blew off to kill Marwa was just a street away from my street, the second one killed my friend's father in the same Ikeja, I know the developments of Lagos before Tinubu, Tinubu's convoy used to pass my street when he was governor, he was just a show off governor who partied a lot at night shift colliseum with Osoba, you people keep saying this same narrative just to justify the claims that Tinubu built Lagos.

The same Tinubu that his governance still remains the worst since I have lived in Lagos...

1 Like

Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by unclejb2(m): 4:41pm On Feb 24, 2023
Ttalk:

Go and buy form for Osinbajo and support him, after all Miyeti Alla bought form for Emefiele
You should be ashamed of supporting a brain dead, old, corrupt, senile drug lord as president simply because he is from your tribe.

So if Shekau comes out to contest the presidency, you would be ok with northerners supporting him.

Smh
Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by unclejb2(m): 4:42pm On Feb 24, 2023
0monnak0da:
So why support Atiku in 2015?
Tinubu is bad market and the whole world knows it.
Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by 0monnak0da: 4:44pm On Feb 24, 2023
unclejb2:
Tinubu is bad market and the whole world knows it.
Was Tinubu on the ballot in 2019?

1 Like

Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by unclejb2(m): 4:45pm On Feb 24, 2023
0monnak0da:

Was Tinubu on the ballot in 2019?
Atiku is far better than Buhari. And we supported Atiku because he had an Obi as running mate.

If you put Osinbajo, Orji Kalu, Buhari and Atiku on the ballot, Igbos would vote Osinbajo without thinking about it
Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by Olaoluwa122: 4:48pm On Feb 24, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
@OP. It is good if they are doing so out of patriotic zeal and not theIr apparent politics of lies, ignorance, envy, bigotry and hatred .

When Mr Obi loses , it will confirm my hypothesis that the Igbo population is a minority population vote wink Serious Igbo politicians know they do not have the numbers like the Hausa and Yoruba.

And Atiku has how many??
Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by Ttalk: 4:49pm On Feb 24, 2023
unclejb2:
You should be ashamed of supporting a brain dead, old, corrupt, senile drug lord as president simply because he is from your tribe.

So if Shekau comes out to contest the presidency, you would be ok with northerners supporting him.

Smh

You are fo0 l for insulting someone better than your dad. Show us pics of your dad and let's compare him with Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by 0monnak0da: 4:49pm On Feb 24, 2023
unclejb2:
Atiku is far better than Buhari. And we supported Atiku because he had an Obi as running mate.

If you put Osinbajo, Orji Kalu, Buhari and Atiku on the ballot, Igbos would vote Osinbajo without thinking about it
Exactly you supported Atiku because of Obi

Iboism

2 Likes

Re: 99% Of Ibos I Know Are Supporting Peter Obi by blabulu2000: 4:50pm On Feb 24, 2023
If you're a Yoruba supporter of Obi, ask your self if Igbos voted for Awolowo or MKO*.

*Why is it always your own elders that are bad, but theirs are saints??*

*Was MKO's (SDP) Party in government previously in 1993 just as is APC now for Tinubu?*! *The reality of your decision today is that your tribesmen may never be president again.*

*All your elders and leaders are subject of mockery but Igbos can bring an unknown entity, rebrand it, and sell to you as a saint*. *They tell you it's not about tribe but, historically they had never voted Yoruba candidates for presidency*.

*In 1979 elections, Chief Obafemi Awolowo recorded an abysmal 0.8% and 0.7% of total votes 🗳 cast in the then Imo and Enugu state*. *Was Awolowo not competent too or was he also too old for the job? Is Awolowo ticket a Muslim Muslim ticket?*🤔

*Google 1993 election results and see that they did not also vote for MKO Abiola*. *Abiola lost in Enugu, Abia, Imo, and River states*.

*For me, if you don't patronize me, I will not patronize you*. *I'm not a fool!!* *This is a federal election and not state election like Osun state where the candidates are Yoruba vs Yoruba*.

*For the fact that a candidate failed in a party does not AUTOMATICALLY mean that everyone in the party will underperform if given the opportunity*.

*The same Igbos misleading our people are part of the problem too with their Biafra agitation which they have cleverly suspended for.*

*They championed EndSars protest as directed by Nnamdi Kanu to destroy Lagos*. *They are always insulting and troubling this Buhari man and even things he did well, they will never give credit*.

*We should never forget in a hurry how they called Nigeria a Zoo and all of us living in it, baboons.*

*Must it be their own president for us to progress?*

*Is that how developed the South East is, or we Yorubas are already emotionally blackmailed to the point that we see nothing good about ourselves again?* 🤔

*Yoruba e je ki a Ro'nu jinle oooo.* 🤔🤔🤔🤔

#ThinkYorubaFirst

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News Ekiti State Result Maybe Canceled / Peter Obi And Soludo Embraced Each In Anambra 24hrs To General Election: Pics / Why Is The Whole Country Sad? Tinubu!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.