Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,241 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Tribal And Religious Sentiments. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribal And Religious Sentiments. (990 Views)

Nigeria's Tribal And Religious Divides: The Answer To It All. / Nigerians Are Voting Based On Ethnic And Religious Sentiments / Can Democracy Really Work In A 'Tribal And Religious' Society? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tribal And Religious Sentiments. by bellohamzat: 7:43am On Sep 13, 2011
I know this topic has been over flogged in recent times, but I have to give my candid opinion, I have read with utter disgust and irriatation the manner in which 'nigerians' call for the head of each other just because somebody says something bad about their tribe or religion, let me insert here that it is totally unacceptable to insult another person's religion or tribe (you have no right to do that), but we are nigerians for crying out loud.if we dont love ourselves who will
For the sustained growth of this nation, we need tolerance and patience.
Permit me to state that i am a Muslim and based on the teachings of Islam, no MUSLIM has any right to kill anybody except in times of war, and the provisions and guidelines for war are clearly stated in the Quran( they include, do not kill women and children,innocent people, even if they are non muslims, do not destroy their environment, do not loot their properties, etc) the Quran also states that 'there is no compulsion in religion', I hope you all analyse this carefully before calling the boko haram movement an islamic movement.
Many of you criticise each others tribes without understanding the that we (all the tibes in nigeria need each other).
Until we learn to co habit peacefully, the future of this nation is bleak.
And dont start castigating GEJ(am not his fan, i voted for buhari) when we nigerians are being petty and taking tribal issues personal. not destroy their environment, do not loot their properties, etc) the Quran also states that 'there is no compulsion in religion', I hope you all analyse this carefully before calling the boko haram movement an islamic movement.
Many of you criticise each others tribes without understanding the that we (all the tibes in nigeria need each other).
Until we learn to co habit peacefully, the future of this nation is bleak.
And dont start castigating GEJ(am not his fan, i voted for buhari) when we nigerians are being petty and taking tribal issues personal.

(1) (Reply)

Ekwueme To Rule Nigeria 2015 - Dce / Osun State Set To Transform To Number 1 Digital City In Nigeria / Civil Society Calls For Iweala's Dismissal: Says Fg Lied About 1,600 Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.