Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,427 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Is This Fraud From My Bank Or Money App - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is This Fraud From My Bank Or Money App (731 Views)

JUST IN: Hushpuppi Commits $400k Fraud From Inside US Prison / I Have Just N443 In My Bank Account - Kingtblakhoc Cries Out After Bail / My Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From My Bank Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Fraud From My Bank Or Money App by speakitnigeria1: 11:25pm On Feb 24, 2023
This happened today and i am still surprised at how possible they were able to swing my of my money just like that. It wouldnt have been funny if i have had more than that in that acvount.

I decide to opt for one of this money app to make receiving and transfering money easy and faster. I chose opay to be precise. After i downloaded the app from playstore, i only registered with my phone number. When it requested for my BVN, i intentionally did not put my BVN because i am always careful with all this money apps. I also chose Opay because i felt the brand has been in Nigeria for a while and very popular. After i registered with my phone number, i transfer 5k from my GTb account to the app using their USSD generated code on Opay. It was successful. I am to send money to my computer engineer to get me battery for my laptop. He forwarded Opay account to me. Since the ussd generated code for making payment is easy. I asked him to generate it for the payment. He did and i used the code to transfered the money to him. Just few minutes after that i got a debit alert of 299naira for recharge card. I thought i was justed debited because i bought 300naira recharge card yesterday. Some minutes again i was debited again 299naira for recharge card. Here then i knew someone has been buying cards using money from my account. I tried to transfer the remaining balance but it wasnt going through probably before i type the exact balance they would have made another transaction which was making the amount i inputed not to be successful, the alert now kept coming of recharge card purchase for airtel and glo until i received an alert with balance of 34naira today.

Thought the balance in the account is 3k which though painful that someone will just swing me off like that. I have not been swing like this before, for 3years now, i have not been using ATM because of POS fraudsters. This is the first time after downloading opay. My question, how was it possible for Opay to transfer or purchase recharge card with my account just by registering with my phone number or was it from the bank.
Re: Is This Fraud From My Bank Or Money App by Achor1111(m): 11:31pm On Feb 24, 2023
Wahala!
Wahala!!
Wahala!!! In portable voice
Re: Is This Fraud From My Bank Or Money App by FuckYourFather(f): 11:36pm On Feb 24, 2023
rest jor, wetin u wan com do because ordinary 3k owo biscuits, your mate dem dey chop their hundred thousand even millions sef.
your own ordinary 3k, shift abeg
Re: Is This Fraud From My Bank Or Money App by Nobody: 11:50pm On Feb 24, 2023
Hahaha 🤣
Re: Is This Fraud From My Bank Or Money App by speakitnigeria1: 7:57am On Feb 25, 2023
FuckYourFather:
rest jor, wetin u wan com do because ordinary 3k owo biscuits, your mate dem dey chop their hundred thousand even millions sef.
your own ordinary 3k, shift abeg
Well for me it is owo biscuits, for another victim which might be you, it might be owo ile (house rent) or owo motor (money for car). No matter how small or big the money is, what is bad is bad. Making people to be aware so they dont become a victim is not a bad idea

2 Likes

Re: Is This Fraud From My Bank Or Money App by xtivin(m): 9:56am On Feb 25, 2023
speakitnigeria1:

Well for me it is owo biscuits, for another victim which might be you, it might be owo ile (house rent) or owo motor (money for car). No matter how small or big the money is, what is bad is bad. Making people to be aware so they dont become a victim is not a bad idea
check very well, most times victims of fraud na loose guard them loose guard... Same apply to you... Sorry for your loss Sha.... Person don know your password login somewhere and Opay account details is ur number so very easy to guess.... For security purpose, any account u are using be it anything even WhatsApp always enable 2FA (two factor authentication) it saves alot

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Boys Again - Comedian Lovecruise Have Being Used / Why Would A Woman Do This This To A Child? / Rivers: 12 Suspected ‘yahoo Boys’ Arrested For Burying Newborn Alive, Police Beg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.