Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

First Bank "Killing" Their Staff In The Name Of Deployment - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank "Killing" Their Staff In The Name Of Deployment (618 Views)

Ayodeji Bejide Assaults Edward Freeman, GTBank Staff In Liberia (Video) / Mad Man Spotted At First Bank ATM, Abaji (Photos) / Stanbic IBTC Bank Staff In School Uniforms To Mark Customer Service Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank "Killing" Their Staff In The Name Of Deployment by cutty4sure(m): 1:58pm On Feb 25, 2023
Staff welfare should be paramount in every organization's policy but with what I have observed after years of research, First Bank Nigeria Ltd is the worst when it comes to that. Most especially in the area of Deployment of Staff or Transfers.

When a staff member is overstressed, there is absolutely no way you can get the best out of that individual.
I have been banking with First Bank for close to two decades, made friends with some staff members and had series of conversations with lots of them. What I discovered was pathetic in their postings and redeployment.

A couple of years ago, I was at Road 21 FESTAC branch as early as 5:00AM to make some cash withdrawal via their ATM. I was shocked to see two people sleeping in a car in front of the bank that early. Initially, I was scared thinking they might be robbers. I had to alert the security man there. Upon enquiry, the security man told me that the two individuals are couples. (A man and a woman). He made me to understand that the man is the lady's husband and the lady works there. He narrated further that they live in Ikorodu. I almost wet my pants. How can someone who lives in Ikorodu be posted to a branch of a bank in FESTAC town?
The security man added that the lady was actually transferred from Yaba branch to FESTAC. What insensitivity from them?

I pressed him further and he said that they usually leave their house at Ikorodu around 3:00am, get to the bank by 5:00am, sleep in the car till 7:00AM and resume work thereafter. The husband will leave there to his Office at Ikeja and return by 6:00pm to pick the wife. Sometime, they get home by 11:00pm or beyond depending on the traffic situation.

I was shocked to my marrows!!! How can a bank of that magnitude subject a staff to such torture and still expect the staff to give his/her best? Bank is a sensitive industry to work and you need your staff to be in their best frame of mind to deliver.

I also met another in a bus from CMS to Oshodi a few weeks ago around 9:30PM. While we were discussing, he told me he lives at Ipaja and work at the Head office in Marina.

My wife told me of her colleague who's husband works with First Bank. They live somewhere in Ikotun and the husband work on the Island.

My question is, "are there no branches around the locality where the staff lives?"

In my opinion, that is sheer insensitivity and "irresponsibility". A bank of that magnitude and years of experience should know better.

Your staff should be in a better position to choose a location that suits him/her not punishing a staff all because he "begged to apply".

Subjecting a staff to such stress is inhuman. If a staff lives in Ikorodu, post him to a branch in Ikorodu. If she lives in Shomolu, let her work in a branch in Shomolu. With that, you get the best out of your staff.

First Bank, una no dey try.

1 Like

Re: First Bank "Killing" Their Staff In The Name Of Deployment by Jogs1900: 2:27pm On Feb 25, 2023
cutty4sure:
Staff welfare should be paramount in every organization's policy but with what I have observed after years of research, First Bank Nigeria Ltd is the worst when it comes to that. Most especially in the area of Deployment of Staff or Transfers.

When a staff member is overstressed, there is absolutely no way you can get the best out of that individual.
I have been banking with First Bank for close to two decades, made friends with some staff members and had series of conversations with lots of them. What I discovered was pathetic in their postings and redeployment.

A couple of years ago, I was at Road 21 FESTAC branch as early as 5:00AM to make some cash withdrawal via their ATM. I was shocked to see two people sleeping in a car in front of the bank that early. Initially, I was scared thinking they might be robbers. I had to alert the security man there. Upon enquiry, the security man told me that the two individuals are couples. (A man and a woman). He made me to understand that the man is the lady's husband and the lady works there. He narrated further that they live in Ikorodu. I almost wet my pants. How can someone who lives in Ikorodu be posted to a branch of a bank in FESTAC town?
The security man added that the lady was actually transferred from Yaba branch to FESTAC. What insensitivity from them?

I pressed him further and he said that they usually leave their house at Ikorodu around 3:00am, get to the bank by 5:00am, sleep in the car till 7:00AM and resume work thereafter. The husband will leave there to his Office at Ikeja and return by 6:00pm to pick the wife. Sometime, they get home by 11:00pm or beyond depending on the traffic situation.

I was shocked to my marrows!!! How can a bank of that magnitude subject a staff to such torture and still expect the staff to give his/her best? Bank is a sensitive industry to work and you need your staff to be in their best frame of mind to deliver.

I also met another in a bus from CMS to Oshodi a few weeks ago around 9:30PM. While we were discussing, he told me he lives at Ipaja and work at the Head office in Marina.

My wife told me of her colleague who's husband works with First Bank. They live somewhere in Ikotun and the husband work on the Island.

My question is, "are there no branches around the locality where the staff lives?"

In my opinion, that is sheer insensitivity and "irresponsibility". A bank of that magnitude and years of experience should know better.

Your staff should be in a better position to choose a location that suits him/her not punishing a staff all because he "begged to apply".

Subjecting a staff to such stress is inhuman. If a staff lives in Ikorodu, post him to a branch in Ikorodu. If she lives in Shomolu, let her work in a branch in Shomolu. With that, you get the best out of your staff.

First Bank, una no dey try.
Redeployment for banks to ikorodu will be difficult.With the look of things, First bank has one branch in ikorodu.Because of that , they won't want the branch to be over staffed.They can't transfer her to Ikorodu branch if there's no vacancy there and so many things will be considered.Moreover, about 99 % of staffs in ikorodu branch will be living in Ikorodu and they will want to sit tight there.Its not a first bank issue, it applies to all banks.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank "Killing" Their Staff In The Name Of Deployment by meum: 2:54pm On Feb 25, 2023
The point is house is cheap in Ikorodu that is why they are staying there. Another thing is they might have a house there. First Bank is not the cause of their problem.

They should get a house not too far from their workplace. There are health implications of waking up by 2am to prepare so that you can leave by 3am and get to the office by 5am. They get home by 10pm or 11pm. Probably sleep by 12am or 1am after easing the tension with s*x sometimes. That’s just 1-2hours of night rest! What a life!

3 Likes

Re: First Bank "Killing" Their Staff In The Name Of Deployment by cutty4sure(m): 7:17pm On Feb 25, 2023
First Bank has about 5 branches in Ikorodu. That I am very sure of.
Jogs1900:

Redeployment for banks to ikorodu will be difficult.With the look of things, First bank has one branch in ikorodu.Because of that , they won't want the branch to be over staffed.They can't transfer her to Ikorodu branch if there's no vacancy there and so many things will be considered.Moreover, about 99 % of staffs in ikorodu branch will be living in Ikorodu and they will want to sit tight there.Its not a first bank issue, it applies to all banks.

1 Like

Re: First Bank "Killing" Their Staff In The Name Of Deployment by Sambai65(m): 7:25pm On Feb 25, 2023
How can this kind of people reach their 60

1 Like

Re: First Bank "Killing" Their Staff In The Name Of Deployment by Jogs1900: 7:40pm On Feb 25, 2023
cutty4sure:
First Bank has about 5 branches in Ikorodu. That I am very sure of.
It depends on the staffs job role..Maybe each branch needs just one person in that job role and there is someone there already.They won't want to burden branches with staff expenses.
Re: First Bank "Killing" Their Staff In The Name Of Deployment by Brittbreaker: 7:51pm On Feb 25, 2023
What happened to the staffs renting an apartment close to their various branches where they work? If it's not possible to post them to a branch close to their house then they should relocate close to their office. I know of a lady that was was far from her office. She also works with First bank, she had to rent a smaller apartment close to her office and that's the solution.

1 Like

Re: First Bank "Killing" Their Staff In The Name Of Deployment by Cutehector(m): 10:46pm On Feb 25, 2023
Obi
Re: First Bank "Killing" Their Staff In The Name Of Deployment by Divit(m): 11:53pm On Feb 25, 2023
Brittbreaker:
What happened to the staffs renting an apartment close to their various branches where they work? If it's not possible to post them to a branch close to their house then they should relocate close to their office. I know of a lady that was was far from her office. She also works with First bank, she had to rent a smaller apartment close to her office and that's the solution.
On top how much? grin

1 Like

Re: First Bank "Killing" Their Staff In The Name Of Deployment by cutty4sure(m): 6:27pm On Mar 02, 2023
Exactly!!! On top how much? Banks are located in Open places and accommodation around there will surely be high.... On top how much😬😬?
Divit:

On top how much? grin

(1) (Reply)

Marketing Company / Looking Good / Can Anyone Give Me The Idea On How To Place An Advert Without Spending A Kobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.