Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Samsung A71 5G - Help To Setup Mtn 5G - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung A71 5G - Help To Setup Mtn 5G (1194 Views)

MTN 5G Router Battery / Has Anyone Bought The MTN 5G SIM Or Router, Please Share Your Experience. / This Is How Fast MTN 5G Network Is! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung A71 5G - Help To Setup Mtn 5G by saddik(m): 10:48pm On Feb 26, 2023
Pls can someone help me with the Mtn APN settings for my A71 5g.

The phone is a 5g phone and I am using MTN, but uts only on 4G LTE.

I have gone through all the settings and I left it on 5g/Lte. I am located in Abuja Central.

Pls any help will be appreciated.
Re: Samsung A71 5G - Help To Setup Mtn 5G by tecnolad(m): 3:54am On Feb 27, 2023
saddik:

I have gone through all the settings and I left it on 5g/Lte. I am located in Abuja Central.

Your area probably doesn't have 5G yet. As for the APN settings you requested, MTN's default internet provision settings will work just fine.

Just in case you don't have any activated, create a new APN and name it whatever you like, but ensure that you use these settings:

APN: web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
Username: web
Password: web

Leave other boxes as they are, save your new APN and activate it.

Before climbing this Everest of a step, if you're sure that your area has MTN's 5G network, ensure that you've tried to toggle between 4G or LTE only and 5G network modes.

At times, you only need to select the 5G option in your settings, and then you'd not even need to struggle with the APN settings.
Re: Samsung A71 5G - Help To Setup Mtn 5G by saddik(m): 7:11am On Feb 27, 2023
tecnolad:

Your area probably doesn't have 5G yet. As for the APN settings you requested, MTN's default internet provision settings will work just fine.

Just in case you don't have any activated, create a new APN and name it whatever you like, but ensure that you use these settings:

APN: web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
Username: web
Password: web

Leave other boxes as they are, save your new APN and activate it.

Before climbing this Everest of a step, if you're sure that your area has MTN's 5G network, ensure that you've tried to toggle between 4G or LTE only and 5G network modes.

At times, you only need to select the 5G option in your settings, and then you'd not even need to struggle with the APN settings.

Tnx bro.

I have done all you said. But read on another forum that MTN are still talking with samsung to push something about update or activate bula bula.

1 Like

Re: Samsung A71 5G - Help To Setup Mtn 5G by teewhydope(m): 2:10pm On Feb 27, 2023
saddik:

Tnx bro.

I have done all you said. But read on another forum that MTN are still talking with samsung to push something about update or activate bula bula.

Yes, mine is 5g enabled but no 5G network yet. you'll need to wait till MTN sort it out with samsung. shouldn't take too long tho

1 Like

Re: Samsung A71 5G - Help To Setup Mtn 5G by Truvelisback(m): 7:33am On Mar 01, 2023
saddik:

How good is the phone? I.e the battery.
Re: Samsung A71 5G - Help To Setup Mtn 5G by saddik(m): 7:47am On Mar 14, 2023
After my phone update this morning to U5.1 the 5G came up.
Re: Samsung A71 5G - Help To Setup Mtn 5G by ethinoze: 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2023
My galaxy a71 has refused to bring up 5g. I've updated it like you @saddik to no avail
Re: Samsung A71 5G - Help To Setup Mtn 5G by saddik(m): 6:17pm On Mar 18, 2023
I don't know but check if your update tallies with mine.

Re: Samsung A71 5G - Help To Setup Mtn 5G by teewhydope(m): 7:59am On Mar 19, 2023
ethinoze:
My galaxy a71 has refused to bring up 5g. I've updated it like you @saddik to no avail
It's location dependent

(1) (Reply)

Which Is The Best And Cheapest Land Phone Service? / Samsung Galaxy Grand Users Discussion Thread. / World First Buoyant Smartphone By Comet Sets For Release.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.