Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina (26323 Views)

Akpabio Wins Senate President Election / The Late Umaru Yaradua's Brother, Abdulaziz Rocks Tinubu's Logo (Photos) / The House Malami Built For Abdulaziz, His Son In Pictures - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by FreeStuffsNG: 2:23am On Feb 27, 2023
Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother wins Senate seat in Katsina

APC also won the Daura/Sandamu/Mai'Adua federal constituency where President Muhammadu Buhari hails from.

Abdulaziz Yar’adua, younger brother of late President Umaru Yar’adua, has been declared winner of the Katsina Central Senatorial District election.

The Returning Officer for the election, Aminu Kankia, declared the result in Katsina on Sunday night.

He said Mr Yar’adua of the All Progressives Congress (APC) scored a total of 153,512 votes, against 152,140 votes scored by Aminu Sirajo of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Mr Kankia added that Gambo Abubakar of the New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP) received 16,005, while Aminu Gide of Peoples Redemption Party (PRP) got 781 votes.

Mr Yar’adua is a retired lieutenant colonel in the Nigerian Army.

Also, the APC candidate for Daura/Sandamu/Mai’Adua federal constituency, Aminu Jamo, has been declared winner of the poll.

Mr Jamo got 55,964 votes to defeat his closest rival, Abdullahi Aliyu, of the PDP, who got 33,398 votes.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/584807-ex-president-yaraduas-brother-wins-senate-seat-in-katsina.html

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by FreeStuffsNG: 2:23am On Feb 27, 2023
APC beating them silly while LP is nowhere to be found in North West wink

36 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by kollinzgee(m): 2:28am On Feb 27, 2023
You mean his twin brother?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by FreeStuffsNG: 2:30am On Feb 27, 2023
kollinzgee:
You mean his twin brother?
Hahaha.....Those Yardua brothers are always identical in look.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by Totilopussylick(m): 2:31am On Feb 27, 2023
The resemblance is undeniable
FreeStuffsNG:

Hahaha.....Those Yardua brothers are always identical in look.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by Emmanuella00(f): 2:41am On Feb 27, 2023
Not bad

1 Like

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by barbstee(m): 3:21am On Feb 27, 2023
Congrats to him.
A close contest though

1 Like

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by Nbote(m): 3:36am On Feb 27, 2023
In the nearest future they will package him for President and the cycle continues...

20 Likes

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by Yankee101: 3:37am On Feb 27, 2023
Court

2 Likes

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by Asgard31: 4:44am On Feb 27, 2023
Love this guy.. but PDP no wan give am chance ..

Already disputing this .. for now make he enjoy
Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by juman(m): 4:46am On Feb 27, 2023
Same look.
Like twins.

6 Likes

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by Authoreety: 4:47am On Feb 27, 2023
Interesting

Yaradua was a good man

7 Likes

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by bewla(m): 4:47am On Feb 27, 2023
To all we the unchain as Naira land call us

I want to formally and personally thank you all for your standing and support with out double standing
And wish all of us a better future
under our NEW president to be announced soon
In person of
his Royal highness the omoluwabi him self,
the slayer of enemy dream
the undisputed champion maybe 30 k o To 0 lose
Jagaban bogu Asiwaju Bola Amed Tinubu .

Well done for your work and prayers day and night and thank you to our Hausa brothers and sisters for voting one Nigeria

And not joining some sector who call this beautiful country ZOO
But jump to take it by proxy to divide

As soon as we are announced the wailing is allowed

Thank you all

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by bewla(m): 4:47am On Feb 27, 2023
T
Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by 2mch(m): 4:48am On Feb 27, 2023
Their blood is very strong. They all look alike. Na wa o. Even Nephews and Uncles. Congratulations to him.

4 Likes

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by Benwallt(m): 4:48am On Feb 27, 2023
Omo! See resemblance. Why don't they replace yaradua with him
Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by juman(m): 4:48am On Feb 27, 2023
Close contest.
APC is able to win in many elections because of their candidates.
They picked popular candidates.
I also observed that in ogun and oyo etc,

In todays election every single vote is very very important.

4 Likes

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by Benwallt(m): 4:51am On Feb 27, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

They are crying in Lagos. I don't know what is special to them about Lagos. They left the daylight robbery in Anambra and Enugun

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by Hoelujohn: 5:02am On Feb 27, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Mumu. PDP destroyed APC in Kaduna State with over 200k votes.
Katsina lost and Kano lost. All kKK states were lost by APC

2 Likes

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by Newbietroll: 5:03am On Feb 27, 2023
I repeat what I said in other threads: We have succeeded in making a mockery of Nigeria to the international community by this bizarre elections. If we don't correct these terrible actions, Nigeria will never recover from it again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by Hoelujohn: 5:05am On Feb 27, 2023
Benwallt:

They are crying in Lagos. I don't know what is special to them about Lagos. They left the daylight robbery in Anambra and Enugun
I need explanation. How did a party with no structure dismantle all your structures in Lagos state? A party of 4 people tweeting from their rooms

2 Likes

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by CutieKing: 5:06am On Feb 27, 2023
Hoelujohn:

Mumu. PDP destroyed APC in Kaduna State with over 200k votes.
Katsina lost and Kano lost. All kKK states were lost by APC

Apc.lost in kaduna but not up to 200k margin and lost in katsina with just 7k margin.
Votes from kano will cancel every atiku votes margin in the remaining north west states.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by tunwumi: 5:08am On Feb 27, 2023
Ok
Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by pfadom: 5:12am On Feb 27, 2023
How will you see virtual Obi supporters.

Pitobi relied on expo (social media opinion polls) and has woefully failed POL100: Fundamentals of Naija Politics.

He urgently needs the services of a medical doctor before he slips into depression.

FreeStuffsNG:

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by Benwallt(m): 5:14am On Feb 27, 2023
Hoelujohn:

I need explanation. How did a party with no structure dismantle all your structures in Lagos state? A party of 4 people tweeting from their rooms

It is called politics, democracy, it is a game of freewill. Nothing new there. Winning Lagos won't take your candidate to Aso Rock.

Enjoy your Lagos while we enjoy our new Nigeria under Tinubu.

Labour party is a threat to Nigeria democracy and I am sure that what happened in Lagos and a show put up by labour party in southwest would not happen in the east in the next 100yrs.

See the way LP waa destroyed in the North. You boys can't say anything out of fear but Lagos, Lagos Lagos. Make una carry am

4 Likes

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by Garogreg: 5:19am On Feb 27, 2023
Announce Peter obi the president already , please.
Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by Hoelujohn: 5:20am On Feb 27, 2023
Benwallt:

It is called politics, democracy, it is a game of freewill. Nothing new there. Winning Lagos won't take your candidate to Aso Rock.

Enjoy your Lagos while we enjoy our new Nigeria under Tinubu.

Labour party is a threat to Nigeria democracy and I am sure that what happened in Lagos and a show put up by labour party in southwest would not happen in the east in the next 100yrs.

See the way LP waa destroyed in the North. You boys can't say anything out of fear but Lagos, Lagos Lagos. Make una carry am
I don't expect LP to win any polling unit in the north but alas, I was shocked that they still had few thousands votes. Amosun was a former governor, he owns ADC by proxy, did we here anything about APC?
Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by virginboy1(m): 5:24am On Feb 27, 2023
Musa Yar'adua best president Nigeria has ever produced...His memories still lingers

4 Likes

Re: Ex-President Yar’adua’s brother, Abdulaziz wins Senate seat in Katsina by Benwallt(m): 5:30am On Feb 27, 2023
Hoelujohn:

I don't expect LP to win any polling unit in the north but alas, I was shocked that they still had few thousands votes. Amosun was a former governor, he owns ADC by proxy, did we here anything about APC?

See yourself. You never expect LP to win any polling unit in the north but you expect the same LP to blow like wildfire across southwestern state.

How una take dey reason self. Is North not part of Nigeria? Only West demonstrated Nigeria in this election. Every Party got their share unlike east.

I don't understand the line you are trying to draw between ADC n APC

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Army To Increase Personnel Strength To 200,000 / How Buhari Stopped Osinbajo From Assigning Portfolios To New Ministers / Ambode Has Made Himself Emperor In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu Campaign DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.