Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker (21115 Views)

NJC Clears CJN Ariwoola’s Son, 22 Others, As Federal Judges. / INEC Declares APC's Benjamin Kalu Re-Elected For Bende Fed Constituency, Abia / Femi Gbajabiamila Elected 9th House Assembly Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by FreeStuffsNG: 3:19am On Feb 27, 2023
Gbajabiamila elected for sixth time as federal lawmaker

Femi Gbajabiamila of APC won 19,717 votes, while Bolaji Jeje of the Peoples Democratic Party came second with 5,121 votes.

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has won the Surulere I Federal Constituency election held on Saturday.

Virgy Oneyene, the INEC returning officer for the House of Representatives election in the constituency, declared the results at INEC’s collation centre in Surulere at about 6.04 p.m. on Sunday.

According to her, Mr Gbajabiamila of APC won 19,717 votes, while Jeje of the Peoples Democratic Party came second with 5,121 votes.

The returning officer said Mathew Idowu of the Social Democratic Party had 838 votes; Benedicta Uba of Zenith Labour Party had 660 votes; Ademola Oshinaya of New Nigeria Peoples Party had 623 votes, and Lumumba Savage of Party A 337 votes.

“At the end of voting, Femi Gbajabiamila of APC has satisfied the requirements of the law and scored the highest number of votes and is hereby declared the winner and is returned elected, ” she said.

The Speaker was first elected to the House of Representatives in 2003 to represent Surulere 1 Federal Constituency. Since then, he has won elections in the subsequent five election cycles, including Saturday’s election.

In his 20-year journey in the House of Representatives so far, Gbajabiamila has served as Minority Whip, Minority Leader, Opposition Leader, and Majority Leader before getting elected as Speaker in 2019.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/584756-nigeriadecides2023-gbajabiamila-elected-for-sixth-time-as-federal-lawmaker.html

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by FreeStuffsNG: 3:19am On Feb 27, 2023
This is the Gbaja the lp mob and political neophytes were mocking.

O ti zeh!

Gbaja is returning as Speaker! cheesy

Congrats my President-Elect Asiwaju Tinubu.
check my signature for free stuffs!

63 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by Niorte: 3:25am On Feb 27, 2023
Congrats

But you need to do better

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by Totilopussylick(m): 3:29am On Feb 27, 2023
If he hasn't done well, he wouldn't have won again tongue
Niorte:
Congrats

But you need to do better

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by FreeStuffsNG: 4:00am On Feb 27, 2023
Surulere LGA in the bag for APC's Asiwaju too

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by SlurUsername1: 4:20am On Feb 27, 2023
Instead of any PDP or labor party to win that position, Gbajabiamila should continue returning to the HOR till we can find a good replacement

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by NohurryInLife: 4:35am On Feb 27, 2023
Olufemi Hakeem Gbajabiamila
Omo mehn, guy is so sound & eloquent

The way he talks on the floor of the house ehn (100%)

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by searchng4love: 4:35am On Feb 27, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

O ti zeh!

Believe ipob miscreants at your own peril

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by ibrutex(m): 4:35am On Feb 27, 2023
Useless man like used tissue paper

9 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by tunwumi: 4:38am On Feb 27, 2023
Ok
Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by Itohanmiwa: 4:38am On Feb 27, 2023
Jagaban Dynasty about to begin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by wman(m): 4:38am On Feb 27, 2023
I don't think Labour Party had any candidate there for House of Reps

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by Ekejoestar(m): 4:39am On Feb 27, 2023
K
Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by Beremx(f): 4:42am On Feb 27, 2023
He's lucky there was no Labour party candidate. He would have been beaten wotowoto

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by FarahAideed: 4:42am On Feb 27, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

O ti zeh!

He cant possibly return as speaker again oo

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by Upton: 4:43am On Feb 27, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

O ti zeh!

Lol. Just shows you are dumb. Gbaja can only return as speaker if Tinubu doesn’t win the election. You think speaker and president will be from the same state?

5 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by CaptainFM1: 4:46am On Feb 27, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

O ti zeh!

Do you think the system will allow Gbaja as Speaker and Tinubu as the President? Just asking!

4 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by Yomboy4ever(m): 4:46am On Feb 27, 2023
When they win it is free and fair ,but when APC wins it's is rigged. watch out of those zobuzobu people cos from next week Nigeria we become a zoo and all of us will become Fulani slaves...

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by 175(m): 4:47am On Feb 27, 2023
Lucky you no Labour Party candidate. . .even stone for defeat you. 🤣😂😂😂😂

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by BeanX(m): 4:53am On Feb 27, 2023
NohurryInLife:
Olufemi Hakeem Gbajabiamila
Omo mehn, guy is so sound & eloquent

The way he talks on the floor of the house ehn (100%)
This man have been in the house for so long oh, if it's not even more than 15 years now. 😱
Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by Newbietroll: 5:05am On Feb 27, 2023
I repeat what I said in other threads: We have succeeded in making a mockery of Nigeria to the international community by this bizarre elections. If we don't correct these terrible actions, Nigeria will never recover from it again

9 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by DonTattaglia: 5:13am On Feb 27, 2023
Yamiriflathead:
Instead of any PDP or labor party to win that position, Gbajabiamila should continue returning to the HOR till we can find a good replacement

Yet u are still as poor & wretched as a church rat.

11 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by DonTattaglia: 5:16am On Feb 27, 2023
CaptainFM1:

Do you think the system will allow Gbaja as Speaker and Tinubu as the President? Just asking!

Tinubu president...hahaha. I laugh in kinyarwanda. Wake up drom hallucination! Yoruba Muslim will never rule Nigeria. Ask MKO Abiola, he will explain better.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by Enemyofpeace: 5:19am On Feb 27, 2023
Him no dey tire?abi him no get another work to feed himself? Mtcheeeeeeew

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by Enemyofpeace: 5:20am On Feb 27, 2023
CaptainFM1:

they won't allow him to be the loudspeaker of the house again

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by atobs4real(m): 5:24am On Feb 27, 2023
Good one.
The speaker himself
Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by MamaletASO: 5:33am On Feb 27, 2023
Where is LP vote..

Or no be Lagos be this again..??

Even NNPP, ADC, A, PRP all get votes.

Labour Obi has been winning units but can't even a Ward not to talk of LGAs..

Lolz..
it's not good to labour in vain..chai

Yamirin is in trouble

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by samsam2019: 5:33am On Feb 27, 2023
ibrutex:
Useless man like used tissue paper
that man better pass your entire generation o

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Elected For Sixth Time As Federal Lawmaker by Kingray10: 6:00am On Feb 27, 2023
24yrs. Na only him dy the state.
Mitcheeew

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha / Army Declares 46 Soldiers Missing - Premium Times / Anambra Poll: Why Obiano Wants To Hand Over To Me - Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.