Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Phone Stolen, Can It Be Made Useless With The Imei No? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Stolen, Can It Be Made Useless With The Imei No? (2363 Views)

How To Generate A Valid Imei No. With Imei Analyzer Android App / How Can I Change The Imei No. Of My Tecno P9 Mini Pad Android V4.4.2 To BB Imei? / Your Phone Stolen? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Phone Stolen, Can It Be Made Useless With The Imei No? by jmoore(m): 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2011
My phone was stolen days ago. I did not lock my sim but I locked the phone therefore the thief can't use the phone till he gives it to one phone technician who will flash the phone to override all settings returning to its default settings.

with the knowledge of IMEI no, is it possible to render the phone useless?
Re: Phone Stolen, Can It Be Made Useless With The Imei No? by Lexusgs430: 3:16am On Sep 14, 2011
IMEI numbers are used abroad to block stolen phones rendering them useless on the home network. But this blocking mechanism, is not used by Nigerian networks providers.
Sorry about your loss.
Re: Phone Stolen, Can It Be Made Useless With The Imei No? by luluosas(m): 1:10pm On Sep 14, 2011
My SIM is more important to me than the phone itself. So, my SIM is always locked, so that, in case of eventual lose, my datas are protected. I think destroying the phone with the IMEI number is possible, but, not sure is working here in Nigeria for now. Sorry for the lose.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Too Like Awoof Oooo / Tecno Continues To Thrill Fans With High End Devices / The Business Of Gadgets Repair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.