Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,270 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Why I Did Not Vote —comedian Basketmouth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Did Not Vote —comedian Basketmouth (380 Views)

Why The South-east Will Not Vote Buhari / Northerners Will Not Vote For Buhari In 2019 – Shettima / 2019: Why Nigerians Must Not Vote PDP - Tinubu Reveals Reason (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Did Not Vote —comedian Basketmouth by Goodmorning20: 4:34pm On Feb 27, 2023
Nigerian comedian, Bright Okpocha aka Basketmouth, has explained why he did not vote in Saturday’s elections.

The comedian gave his reasons via his Instagram account on Monday.

He stated that he had shows outside of Nigeria planned for a year in advance to secure a good venue and that changing venues due to the election date would cause him logistical problems.

“ I have always spoken up about the wrongs in this country. It’s quite unfortunate that I missed elections this year. However, my international shows are planned one year before, so as to secure the date and venue.

“ To have changed my date on such short notice would have been a logistical hazard not to myself but to the whole crew. Elections have not always been in February. But my show always was, as a valentine special.

“ That being said, I am proud of every Nigerian Youth for taking a stand. Thank you to my true fans that understood and still came out for me. Thank you Frankfrut for another sold out show. Cologne. You are next “
Re: Why I Did Not Vote —comedian Basketmouth by SumStar1: 4:42pm On Feb 27, 2023
Wetin dis one de talk?
Oga there is no such thing as an excuse for not voting in your country and which election is not always in February
Mtcheww

1 Like

Re: Why I Did Not Vote —comedian Basketmouth by okomile(f): 4:47pm On Feb 27, 2023
Useless mofo

Get lost

(1) (Reply)

Result Of 2023 Presidential Election From Benue / You Wanted The Lesser Of Three Evils But You Got The Best” Seun Kuti / The Election Shouldnt Be Cancelled Or War Is Inevitable.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.