Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances (8944 Views)

Simon Ekpa Was Paid $1M To Destroy Obi’s Chances — Ohanaeze / 2023: Jaafar Jafaar 'Addresses' Peter Obi's Chances / Aisha Yesufu Analysis Of Peter Obi Chances Of Winning The Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by Ylink4sure: 6:31pm On Feb 27, 2023
To say I am shocked and surprised by the relatively mild showing by Peter Obi in South-South states is an understatement. My 'Obidients' friends and colleagues are lost for words as we all anticipated same overwhelming results from South-East for Peter Obi in SS!

APC is on course for 35% of votes cast in SS while picking up House of reps and senatorial seats here and there! PDPs Atiku has even won a state!

This scenario has destroyed whatever hope or chances Peter Obi has, as his only chance was to force a run-off by winning most polls (popular vote) since he can't again obtain 25% of votes in 24 states again. His poor showing in the North was already making that impossible but a good showing in the SS plus the expected massive votes from SE was anticipated to give him a fighting chance but he failed.

So, Obidient folks it is game over!

It is advantaged Bola Ahmed Tinubu

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by YungMillionaire: 6:34pm On Feb 27, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Won kere si number wa! awon omo ofo won kere sin number wa.

47 Likes 9 Shares

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by kelvine(m): 6:36pm On Feb 27, 2023
E lo fo kan bale

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by Lama70(m): 6:38pm On Feb 27, 2023
You are right. The struggle is for next four years, God willing.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by nlreserve: 6:39pm On Feb 27, 2023
I voted for the first time with the hope that votes will count since they promised to count and upload immediately at polling unit. So long as they are still carrying the results manually to collation centres, just forget it.
The governors must influence it.

Obi tried. He knows he won it. The structure they're talking about is not voters, the structure is evil gang members.

I know Obi is very likely not to contest again. He is a contented person.

58 Likes 9 Shares

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by nlreserve: 6:40pm On Feb 27, 2023
Lama70:
So long as there is no automated voting and transmission, just forget it.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 27, 2023
E don dey start oooooooooooooooooo grin grin grin

South-South, North-central, we will be having our betrayal party in 2 days time...

Venue will be relayed later

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by leogho: 6:45pm On Feb 27, 2023
Hmm, if they have ears at all o. Congratulations to Asiwaju - the president elect. But wetin make Lp and PDP agent run sef. Victory is sweet.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by IgOga(m): 6:47pm On Feb 27, 2023
Lama70:

1 day is long in politics o....if the next president do very well......Obi will be irrelevant by then

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 27, 2023
grin grin

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by LegendHero(m): 6:49pm On Feb 27, 2023
nlreserve:
I voted for the first time with the hope that votes will count since they promised to count and upload immediately at polling unit. So long as they are still carrying the results manually to collation centres, just forget it.
The governors must influence it.

Obi tried. He knows he won it. The structure they're talking about is not voters, the structure is evil gang members.

I know Obi is very likely not to contest again. He is a contented person.

Even if they upload the result immediately as you said, it is impossible for Obi to win a national election.

I am not saying he is weak personally, he performed fantastically well, but the problem is that you need the North alliance to win election when you are facing the West. He depended too much on Northern christian and ran the most religious bigoted campaign ever but I don't think the Northern christians have that much numbers to offset the Northern votes.

Imagine Atiku/Kwankwanso is not on the ballot, Tinubu would have been getting millions of votes from the North by now. Three muslims shared the vote and they still had excess.

That is why I always tell people, any candidate that run a religious bigoted campaign will never win Nigeria whether he is a muslim or christian. Peter Obi was too confident and threw caution to the wind with the kind of divisive campaign he ran. Even Tinubu with muslim-muslim no do 1/100 of that divisive campaign.

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by FreeStuffsNG: 6:50pm On Feb 27, 2023
Congrats my President-Elect Asiwaju Tinubu.
check my signature for free stuffs!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by seunfly: 6:56pm On Feb 27, 2023
LegendHero:

Even if they upload the result immediately as you said, it is impossible for Obi to win a national election.

I am not saying he is weak personally, he performed fantastically well, but the problem is that you need the North alliance to win election when you are facing the West. He depended too much on Northern christian and ran the most religious bigoted campaign ever but I don't think the Northern christians have that much numbers to offset the Northern votes.

Imagine Atiku/Kwankwanso is not on the ballot, Tinubu would have been getting millions of votes from the North by now. Three muslims shared the vote and they still had excess.

That is why I always tell people, any candidate that run a religious bigoted campaign will never win Nigeria whether he is a muslim or christian. Peter Obi was too confident and threw caution to the wind with the kind of divisive campaign he ran. Even Tinubu with muslim-muslim no do 1/100 of that divisive campaign.

You are very correct, Politics is a game of number and strategy, you must reach out and build bridges to get d numbers. Some time u may not like that person but 4 u to get what u want, u must think beyond emotion, be factual and don't be flattered by people's praises but by d network u made.

Buhari was in a similar condition for 3 election continously winning bulk votes from his region until he reached out to tinubu and they formed aliance.

I believe Obi can make it if he adjust his strategy, look out for the best candidate that can bridge the northern gap like kwakwaso etc and form aliance, u don't need to like that person ( politics is a game of interest not love, no permanent enemy/friend).
However i doubt the people around him will be realistic enough to see all this things.

If Tinubu can reached out to Wike and Seyi just for him to get what he wants, what is the big beal if Obi reached out to kwakwaso or another powerful figure.
Also he needs to stay put at labour party, build and water it for the next election then come out with force.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by nlreserve: 6:57pm On Feb 27, 2023
You have forgotten that election in Nigeria is not about number alone but by spread? Imagine this election was not rigged, do you think the figures you are getting now is what would have been there? Margin would have been so wide that the other candidates won't have the required spread.
There's nothing like religious bigoted campaign by LP. If the election was not rigged, I'm sure you won't be saying this. They did all they did well. Take away rigging and see what happens.
LegendHero:

13 Likes

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:01pm On Feb 27, 2023
Ylink4sure:
To say I am shocked and surprised by the relatively mild showing by Peter Obi in South-South states is an understatement. My 'Obidients' friends and colleagues are lost for words as we all anticipated same overwhelming results from South-East for Peter Obi in SS!

APC is on course for 35% of votes cast in SS while picking up House of reps and senatorial seats here and there! PDPs Atiku has even won a state!

This scenario has destroyed whatever hope or chances Peter Obi has, as his only chance was to force a run-off by winning most polls (popular vote) since he can't again obtain 25% of votes in 24 states again. His poor showing in the North was already making that impossible but a good showing in the SS plus the expected massive votes from SE was anticipated to give him a fighting chance but he failed.

What is your evidence?

Kids with smartphones.

5 Likes

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:03pm On Feb 27, 2023
LegendHero:

This is trash and you know it
Besides, Tinubu will never be president of Nigeria.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by Faiththatworks(m): 7:03pm On Feb 27, 2023
I read with trepidation the Comments of Legendhero,that's a summary of these Elections.
Obi has blown open the biggest divisive string holding Nigeria together, Religion.
I despise the way he went about campaigning on the Altar of Churches,trying to use the suffering of Northern Christians to get votes while ignoring the numbers of potential Muslim voters.
Like Legendhero said,there were 3 Muslims in this election and they all had votes above 1 million,that tells you in essence that whether you accept it or not,the Muslim Bloc is a large voting population,and will determine who rules Nigeria.
The most despicable comment on Nairaland were those who always tried to separate Yoruba people,these clowns kept on insinuating that only Yoruba Muslims will vote for Tinubu in the South west.
Now the Yoruba Muslims have made Asiwaju the president.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
I hope after Obi no politican will ever try to use religion as a ladder to any political position in Nigeria.
It will never work.
God bless Nigeria.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by researcherdotcom(m): 7:04pm On Feb 27, 2023
Jagan O'clock

5 Likes

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by skj1377(m): 7:04pm On Feb 27, 2023
Peter obi is Ibo and thinks like Ibo man
Unfortunately for him his media and campaign team are also Ibo. He got the best result he could get based on his strategies.blackmai, lies, falsehood , religion, ethnicity etc
LegendHero:

11 Likes

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by lovewins: 7:11pm On Feb 27, 2023
LegendHero:

Actually you're factually wrong.

Obi factually doesn't need the core north. He could have easily won the election and fulfilled the 25% in 24 states quota if truly Nigerians voted along religious lines like you claimed.

I'll make some postulations to prove my point.

If Nigerians voted along religious lines, he'll win

95% of the votes of the 5 states in the South East

80% of the votes of the 6 states the South South (just making provision for allowance for states like Edo with a significant Muslim population, if not it should be more)

At least 55% of the votes in Lagos

At least 40 percent of the vote in Osun state

At least 50 percent of the vote in Oyo and Ogun state

At least 35 perfect of the vote in Kwara and Kogi

At least 90% of the votes in Ekiti and Ondo

At least 70% of the votes in Nasarawa

At least 80% of the votes in Taraba

At least 90% of the votes in Plateau

At least 85% of the votes in Benue

At least 60% of the votes in Abuja

At least 40% of the votes in Kaduna

At least 30% of the votes in Adamawa and Niger

And between 10-20% in the North eastern states.

At least 10% in the North West.

That's what voting along religious lines would have given Obi and he would have won the election. The reality however is that majority Christian states like Ekiti and Ondo gave Tinubu the most vote percentage in the South West. Oyo and Ogun state with a large Christian population also did same. Osun state with probably the most Muslim population in the south west gave him the least.

Asiwaju also did significantly well in North Central states with majority Christian population.

He did well also in the South South with majority Christian population.

So saying otherwise is saying something contrary to facts.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by Kog45(m): 7:13pm On Feb 27, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
This is trash and you know it
Besides, Tinubu will never be president of Nigeria.
Oga say you wan kill Tinubu ni with all these Tinubu will never be president even if he wins....abeg easy o,this is pure politics.

3 Likes

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by Lama70(m): 7:15pm On Feb 27, 2023
IgOga:

1 day is long in politics o....if the next president do very well......Obi will be irrelevant by then

I mean for him to contest again. There is no harm if he does that all his life. Afterall him be poli-trick- cian like the others too.

1 Like

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by sammyj: 7:15pm On Feb 27, 2023
Obi ti lule !!!! grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by KingsCity: 7:15pm On Feb 27, 2023
We know South South voted Obi but evil Governors are falsifying results

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by Svoboda(m): 7:15pm On Feb 27, 2023
They were only fixated on winning lagos to make a statement, which to me was just symbolic while they lost focus on getting the required
numbersand spread required to stake a claim in the whole election outcome.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by nameo: 7:20pm On Feb 27, 2023
Ylink4sure:

You are basing this nonsense on the completely flawed elections where some people were not allowed to vote and results changed with shark abandone. Are you looking at what have been happening in Rivers and Delta and then come out to say these rubbish you just typed.

Dont you have any shame?

If APC ane Tinubu were as strong as you guys claimed, how come he is rigging the elections everywhere so he can win? And even at that he still even could not win places like his own Lagos.

By the way, have you read the preliminary reports of credible internationa Observer groups like the IRN, NDI and EU on the sham of an election? Do you also know that LP, PDP and 10 other parties have left the collation centre for INEC and APC to continue the charade?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by wegevv: 7:24pm On Feb 27, 2023
Ylink4sure:

He can force a runoff by shutting off APC in Abuja.

Anyone but APC ❤️

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by Cletus77(m): 7:26pm On Feb 27, 2023
deep down you know nobody voted for APC in the SS so stop blaming them and talking nonsense about betrayal!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by DadaHammed: 7:28pm On Feb 27, 2023
After all collation is done, results will be reviewed and rigged votes will exposed.

A vote thief who uses thugs and bribery to buy votes will not be the President of Nigeria. I can assure you.

This result will not even be declared in 48 hours. You have a long ride. Tinubu will not be declared President, no cap..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by Alphanancy: 7:29pm On Feb 27, 2023
seunfly:

You are very correct, Politics is a game of number and strategy, you must reach out and build bridges to get d numbers. Some time u may not like that person but 4 u to get what u want, u must think beyond emotion, be t factual and don't be flattered by people's praises but by d network u made.

Buhari was in a similar condition for 3 election continously winning bulk votes from is region until he reached out to tinubu and they formed aliance.

I believe Obi can make it if he adjust his strategy, look out for the best candidate that bridge the northern gap like kwakwaso etc and form aliance, u don't need to like that person ( politics is a game of interest not love, no permanent enemy/friend).
However i doubt the people around him will be realistic enough to see all this thing.

If Tinubu can reached out to Wike and Seyi just for him to get what he wants, what is the big beal if Obi reached out to kwakwaso or another powerful figure.
Also he needs to stay put at labour party, build and water for the next election and come out with force.
Sentiments aside you guys are not giving Obi the credit and accolades he deserves.
A man who started barely eight months ago without a single councillor is putting up this kind of fight against parties with as much as 24 governors, over 200 legislators at the federal level, more than 300 HOA members and councillors across the nation and countless ministers.
Obi should be applauded for changing the dynamics single handedly. I never expected him to win the elections but his outing is a win for me. Now new breed of law makers have emerged from hitherto unknown labour party, just because of one man. He did all this without bribing a single soul.
Make we try get sense.
Cheers

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south Results All But ENDS Peter Obi's Chances by undisputedKOC: 7:30pm On Feb 27, 2023
I told all those Obidîots terrorists fools here that Niger Delta is supporting Tinubu and 95% of the Ijaw nation were behind Tinubu. They thought I was joking, as if Ijaw man dey take politics play.

They were fooled by the endorsement of some Elders like Chief Edwin Clark, not knowing that it was just a political savvy move to make it appear like we are not opposing them from shooting their shot.

Our Elders were just being diplomatic and playing political correctness in front of the camera. But in reality, Ijaw nation and Niger Delta political interests and Igbo political interests are like oil and water - it can never mix.

Right now, Tinubu Presidency aligns with the better interests of the Ijaw nation and that's what we pick. Anyone that doesn't like that should drink sniper. We don't owe Igbos shit undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reports Of N2bn For Rechargeable Fans, etc Is Fake,Untrue - Lagos Dep-Gov Office / More Suitable Uniform Color For the Nigerian Police / Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.