Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

What Is The Best Brand Of Rings For Our 4G63 Engine? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Best Brand Of Rings For Our 4G63 Engine? (1077 Views)

What Brand Of Car Battery Is The Best? / BMW Runs Rings Around Audi On Twitter. / What Is The Best Brand Of Cars To ..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Brand Of Rings For Our 4G63 Engine? by iHart(m): 10:11pm On Feb 27, 2023
The engine of our bus smokes slightly and the oil keeps dropping. So we are now at the mechanic and they said we have to ring the engine. I told the mechanics i will get the rings myself. They gave my the piston and the diameter of the piston it 85mm. The old ring is 2mm thick. I heard them say 010, 020, i don't know what they mean. Please which brand of rings will last very long for me? I want the best quality for my engine. Please I need your suggestions.

1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Brand Of Rings For Our 4G63 Engine? by Crixie(m): 7:50am On Feb 28, 2023
Look for Original NPR or Original TP rings ....these products have cloned version.Good luck

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Brand Of Rings For Our 4G63 Engine? by nurey(m): 8:23am On Feb 28, 2023
iHart:
The engine of our bus smokes slightly and the oil keeps dropping. So we are now at the mechanic and they said we have to ring the engine. I told the mechanics i will get the rings myself. They gave my the piston and the diameter of the piston it 85mm. The old ring is 2mm thick. I heard them say 010, 020, i don't know what they mean. Please which brand of rings will last very long for me? I want the best quality for my engine. Please I need your suggestions.

It's better you follow the mechanic to the market that way he can determine what exactly you need to buy but you ask the store owner for the best quality brands available.

Going to buy what you have no idea about is a waste of time and resources.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Brand Of Rings For Our 4G63 Engine? by iHart(m): 9:07am On Feb 28, 2023
nurey:

It's better you follow the mechanic to the market that way he can determine what exactly you need to buy but you ask the store owner for the best quality brands available.

Going to buy what you have no idea about is a waste of time and resources.
the last time I ringed my bus with this mechanic, it was about two years ago, the engine failed within two months. I took it to another mechanic, he told me the brand to buy and from whom to buy. It lasted. Now the previous mechanic is fixing the bus and i don't want what happened before to happen again. I want to get to a well known store to ask for a very good quality rings. I am with the piston.
Re: What Is The Best Brand Of Rings For Our 4G63 Engine? by iHart(m): 9:07am On Feb 28, 2023
Crixie:
Look for Original NPR or Original TP rings ....these products have cloned version.Good luck
Thank you
Re: What Is The Best Brand Of Rings For Our 4G63 Engine? by iHart(m): 1:18am On Mar 01, 2023
Crixie:
so I went for NPR. I used the code on the pack to check if its original NPR product. I got a positive response. I think I am good to go. The mechanic will start work tomorrow. Thank you

Re: What Is The Best Brand Of Rings For Our 4G63 Engine? by dicksonadams(m): 5:50am On Mar 01, 2023
please let's us know the how the fix go
Re: What Is The Best Brand Of Rings For Our 4G63 Engine? by iHart(m): 8:22am On Mar 01, 2023
dicksonadams:
please let's us know the how the fix go
Yes, I will update you guys
Re: What Is The Best Brand Of Rings For Our 4G63 Engine? by Bullfallo(m): 6:19am On Nov 07, 2023
Please update this thread. Your experience with the rungs
Re: What Is The Best Brand Of Rings For Our 4G63 Engine? by iHart(m): 12:27pm On Mar 12
Bullfallo:
Please update this thread. Your experience with the rungs
The engine served me until sometime In late December, 2023, out my own carelessness, it developed a fault. I managed it until last week and I decided to drop the engine and get a new one. I will still work on the old one, and sell or keep it as reserve.
Re: What Is The Best Brand Of Rings For Our 4G63 Engine? by Bullfallo(m): 12:49pm On Mar 12
iHart:
The engine served me until sometime In late December, 2023, out my own carelessness, it developed a fault. I managed it until last week and I decided to drop the engine and get a new one. I will still work on the old one, and sell or keep it as reserve.
did the engine smoke? You parking the engine because of rings failure or because or other problem?
Re: What Is The Best Brand Of Rings For Our 4G63 Engine? by iHart(m): 4:47pm On Mar 12
Bullfallo:
did the engine smoke? You parking the engine because of rings failure or because or other problem?
it started smoking and shorting oil. So I was to go ring it again but because of the job on ground, I may not afford to have the bus stay up to a week or more in the mechanic workshop. Coupled with the fact that after ringing it, I may not be able to use it immediately to carry heavy load and run long distance, I decided to drop the engine and get a new one. I am still going to ring/fix it and sell.
Re: What Is The Best Brand Of Rings For Our 4G63 Engine? by Bullfallo(m): 5:18pm On Mar 12
iHart:
it started smoking and shorting oil. So I was to go ring it again but because of the job on ground, I may not afford to have the bus stay up to a week or more in the mechanic workshop. Coupled with the fact that after ringing it, I may not be able to use it immediately to carry heavy load and run long distance, I decided to drop the engine and get a new one. I am still going to ring/fix it and sell.
don’t ring again. Sell it like that

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mazda6 07/08 Model..(issues With Nigerian Re-wire) Pls Help Pls Help / Help Please I Need A Bmw Mechanic / Mazda6 V6 2oo6 Engine Light On After Drianing Power Steeerin Fluid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.