Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second (93079 Views)

Philip Shaibu Wins Edo PDP Parallel Governorship Primaries / Labour Party Wins Edo South Senatorial Seat, wins Oredo Federal Constituency. / Atiku Reacts As Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by reddingtonblack: 5:43am On Feb 28, 2023
Cletus77:
The strategy is to dwarf the votes from concentrated Labour Party places and replace them with smaller margins against APC, while APC dominated areas like the SW will win with high margins against LP.

Edo state gave more votes than this to LP, same with Lagos, same with Rivers and Akwa ibom.

They’ll be like “Obi won Lagos and so so so” to pacify us when in reality the voting margin will not be up to 100k!

You beta don't push your brain beyond overheating ... i will advice Peter Obi import Lawyers becos the matter on ground pass Nnamdi kanu lawyers o grin

if he like make he go carry lawyers made in china ... o ti lor

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by ponishah: 5:48am On Feb 28, 2023
GreyLaw:
Peter Obi is Nigeria's president. All these inflated and deflated figures will be thrown away by the courts and Tinubu the criminal who thrives in subverting the will of the people will be disgraced.

Tinubu, you will never lead Nigeria. Your ambition is cursed. Nigerians have spoken and will ensure with every necessary means that the truth wins.
Na your own you dey talk , e don tey wey i dey talk dis thing say na LP go play into the hands of APC, now e don happen.
Obidients don carry us back to square 1, another 8 years skyrocketed inflation be this so.
You dont play politics with anger,its strategy and calculation, na pdp obidients dey hit, tinubu don win be that, and na me e pain pass,
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Nobody: 5:50am On Feb 28, 2023
stillme231:
APC rigged that number. They no get reach 20k for benin .. pdp even got some votes . LP cleared everywhere and that number no correct.. lies...
have you heard of a place called Edo north? That's APC stronghold. APC won two senatorial seats in Edo and you really think they couldn't get mere 144k votes in the same state?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by ponishah: 5:53am On Feb 28, 2023
Fut9ure:
Yeah

Tinubu will never be the president

Nor be this same Edo way me I dey reside

Inec is a joke

APC vote of edo nor reach 5 thousand

Inec inec inec
Na wa o

We are rejecting it

No sane human will allow tinubu rule

You can't handover Nigeria at this critical time to a sick president

Please lets retweet and share to everyone

Use this pic on your WhatsApp profile and status
Facebook and twitter titok
Na story, be that, tinubu don win, una don use anger and too much rage shoot ourselves for leg, back to square 1 again,
Obidients don use anger carry us go where we no know,
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Stargurl20(f): 5:58am On Feb 28, 2023
Cletus77:
The strategy is to dwarf the votes from concentrated Labour Party places and replace them with smaller margins against APC, while APC dominated areas like the SW will win with high margins against LP.

Edo state gave more votes than this to LP, same with Lagos, same with Rivers and Akwa ibom.

They’ll be like “Obi won Lagos and so so so” to pacify us when in reality the voting margin will not be up to 100k!

You guys will always find something to say sha.
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Tzar(m): 6:00am On Feb 28, 2023
Regardless of not getting the majority votes in key states, Tinubu is the only candidate set to get the 25% votes in 26states!
Tinubu is truly a master strategist!
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by striker07(m): 6:01am On Feb 28, 2023
stillme231:
APC rigged that number. They no get reach 20k for benin .. pdp even got some votes . LP cleared everywhere and that number no correct.. lies...
many of you obidients are not intelligent. Have you taken time to look at his vote in Edo north where oshiomole came from,do you know the level of campaign he did there. You think only benin's vote will count?.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by ponishah: 6:05am On Feb 28, 2023
Wickedfacts:
On behalf of the APC family on Nairaland I sincerely want to thank these 2 supporters of His Excellency, President-elect Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Special thanks to Peter Obi for going the extra mile to gather dumb, senseless people and ensuring they didn't vote Asiwaju's opponent.

Obidients, you were played grin grin
I hate to see tinubu win, but you said it all , obidients shot us on the foot, we played ourselves.
I only cared about getting APC out no matter who gets in, so i knew obidients were going to hit pdp not apc, i had been preaching to them since last year.
But their rage was too much, even my stupid Anioma people of Delta state allowed the urhobos to fool them into roasting their own in the open. I TELL THEM , THEM NO HEAR
Anioma people have missed a rare oppotunity of producing the VP, because they reasoned with their anus, now they and SS SE are shouting -Tinubu will not rule us, but na their own be that.
TIINUBU, LET ME BE THE FIRST IGBOMAN TO CONGRATULATE YOU... CONGRATS PRESIDENT ELECT

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Lekan239(m): 6:05am On Feb 28, 2023
GreyLaw:
Peter Obi is Nigeria's president. All these inflated and deflated figures will be thrown away by the courts and Tinubu the criminal who thrives in subverting the will of the people will be disgraced.

Tinubu, you will never lead Nigeria. Your ambition is cursed. Nigerians have spoken and will ensure with every necessary means that the truth wins.
you are laying this heavy curse on your next president. Does it indirectly mean you are laying curse on Nigeria?
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by WHITELIGHTER: 6:07am On Feb 28, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
Good result!

Asiwaju on track!

How? That's 24% oh
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by ponishah: 6:13am On Feb 28, 2023
Mitsurugi:
This process is already compromised. A lot of results from polling units in Festac including mine at 009 have still not been uploaded. Let us set aside partisanship for once and look to our country. Is this what we will bequeath to our children? A dysfunctional system. Why can't INEC get the simplest of things right? Must every electoral process be subject to litigation?

Must INEC be headed by Professors because it now seems they are too incompetent. The same incompetent lot that fail students more savvy than they are.
Na story you dey talk so, what you should bequeath to your children is - use your brain, not emotion, when rage sets in, the brain shuts off,
Politics is calculation, you obidients all helped tinubu to chop off the heads of pdp in SS and SE, IN FACTS YOU ALL VOTED TINUBU IN and, I am not going to wail again, i have wailed for 8 years, I am don wailing

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Komu1048(m): 6:17am On Feb 28, 2023
Fut9ure:
Yeah

Inec is a joke

Inec inec inec
Na wa o

We are rejecting it

We have told you guys that u will wail for the rest of your life,
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Donaldomo(m): 6:21am On Feb 28, 2023
Keep quiet, where did you get that statistics from that Edo north is majorly Muslim? Keep quiet and shut the pit of urs up.

Paramount01:
Y

Think like person way go school nw

Why always complain when the election did not favor you?
Don't forget oshomole is in Edo North and Edo north is majoly muslim
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by obembet(f): 6:24am On Feb 28, 2023
Sheggy13:

You and who are praying for Atiku? If you're a Southerner wishing an Atiku on Nigeria at a time like this, then something is seriously wrong.

Did southerners pray for southerners... Can't you see how they are cursing Thier candidate and embarrassed themselves cos selfishness. Can't you see how some people are backwards thinkers? How many time u hear northern condemn themselves on social media?

Abeg I love where there is unit not Region that keep exposing themselves on social media
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by CoolAmbience(m): 6:24am On Feb 28, 2023
Cletus77:

You dey talk like small pikin...

See how you spoke as though you own the votes of others...

'to pacify us'.....who be the us? Oga, millions of people want Tinubu just as they also want Obi and Atiku...

So, stop the childish talk! Na INEC work to declare winner...our own work na to vote. We can't be the electorate and INEC at the same time.

These facts or strategy wey you dey allege....gather your evidences, carry am go court.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by obembet(f): 6:25am On Feb 28, 2023
Luckysbab:

Atiku has nothing to offer; let's be realistic.

Don't talk that way bro. Don't trust any politicians... The one u think is the best might even be the worst.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Danlele(m): 6:28am On Feb 28, 2023
Fut9ure:
Yeah
Go out and protest now,your brain need resetting

Inec is a joke

Inec inec inec
Na wa o

We are rejecting it

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Charly68: 6:37am On Feb 28, 2023
Kwankwaso would have become the VP if not for his sense of pride .. he loves to remain local champion and lost out in this election ...He should have merged with Obi labour party to pull a big string.
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by ussv: 6:51am On Feb 28, 2023
grin
DantataIsMyGuy:
I just pity northern Christians who foolishly let igbos deceive them 😂😂
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Kingspin(m): 6:51am On Feb 28, 2023
How did APC, come second instead of PDP?
INEC explain
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Kingspin(m): 6:53am On Feb 28, 2023
Cletus77:

You are with me. APC mapped out South for this massive rigging. Imagine Tinubu big votes in Rivers.
Who voted him? It like Labour winning in Kano?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Ken4Christ: 7:02am On Feb 28, 2023
Cletus77:

I was even okay with Tinubu clearing his SW apart from Lagos, hoping the surely the same thing will happen to Obi in the SE, SC, and NC, only to start seeing APC going head to head with LP in the south and winning some states too grin

That is the reason they avoided uploading the results electronically so they can manipulate them the way they like!

According to first day statistics, Obi had Lagos and Abuja and the NC, SE and SS on lock with most states delivering above 500K+ votes, while going head to head in Kaduna and some Yoruba states like Ogun…..INEC will tell us where these shortened results are coming from

They want to repeat what they did to Atiku in 2015. But they have forgotten that there is a new electoral law that says results should be transmitted electronically.

In Atiku's time, such law was not there. So they were not obliged to make the server available.

But this time around, they are under obligation to make the server available. And if it can be proven that the results were not transmitted electronically, the election will be voided in a court of competent jurisdiction.

In addition, the server will unveil the report polling unit by polling units. If there is discrepancies between the one announced and that of the polling unit agent, the election will be voided.

I repeat that the total votes of all the parties in this election is not up to Labour Party vote.

You can see the massive support Labour party enjoyed in the North Central and some states in the North East.

The people have spoken. They want to turn this country into chaos by gross manipulation of the election results.

It will be resisted in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Friend22(m): 7:07am On Feb 28, 2023
Fut9ure:
Yeah

Inec is a joke

Inec inec inec
Na wa o

We are rejecting it

Yes,you dey the whole Edo our dear Omnipresent noisemaker!

Some of you are actually chewing more than what you can bite.

Keep writing nonsense!
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by somehow: 7:15am On Feb 28, 2023
Seems we have official Inec rec and then Nairaland/Social media rec.

The latter writes and pronounce their own election results where and when they see fit.

Worse become worse, I carry my family comot go take breeze, when all of una wey Wan cause casala die finish for war, I and my family will return back to start afresh if need be.

Make una continue to dey incite violence.
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:19am On Feb 28, 2023
OfficialAPCNig:
Tinubu didn't get 25%

Over 600,000 votes were casted and Tinubu got less than 150k votes. He also got less than 25% of valid votes.

Tinubu needs 25% of votes in FCT to win

It is not the number of votes cast that they look at.

It is the number of valid votes.

So, Tinubu got 25% in Edo.
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Sheggy13(m): 7:23am On Feb 28, 2023
obembet:

Did southerners pray for southerners... Can't you see how they are cursing Thier candidate and embarrassed themselves cos selfishness. Can't you see how some people are backwards thinkers? How many time u hear northern condemn themselves on social media?

Abeg I love where there is unit not Region that keep exposing themselves on social media
So the North can rule forever because they don't condemn themselves. Is that your idea of unity? Do you know the danger that portends for the unity of Nigeria as a whole with one ethnic group dominating political power?
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by brutal1(m): 7:27am On Feb 28, 2023
Okay ma
SlayQueenSlayer:

He won't be inaugurated.
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by obembet(f): 7:33am On Feb 28, 2023
Sheggy13:

So the North can rule forever because they don't condemn themselves. Is that your idea of unity? Do you know the danger that portends for the unity of Nigeria as a whole with one ethnic group dominating political power?

My dear. We have two region .. North and South. North have advantage over South base on Thier population and unity. I expect south to be smarter than them cos we are well educated and exposed. But with all our exposure, we still share all our weakness to North. We need to learn in very hard way..

All my Igbo friend prefer Atiku ahead of Tinubu just cos of Thier personal hatred towards west.

So we need to learn in hard way. I know Biafra agitation will soon start
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by BennyDGreat: 7:35am On Feb 28, 2023
stillme231:
nah because it wasn't rigged... The people will remove obaseki and vote LP as governor...we don't tolerate nonsense. We voted against oshiomole because he was becoming a nuisance

Oga na Obaseki second term...nothing concern am with governorship again
Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Sheggy13(m): 7:42am On Feb 28, 2023
obembet:

My dear. We have two region .. North and South. North have advantage over South base on Thier population and unity. I expect south to be smarter than them cos we are well educated and exposed. But with all our exposure, we still share all our weakness to North. We need to learn in very hard way..

All my Igbo friend prefer Atiku ahead of Tinubu just cos of Thier personal hatred towards west.

So we need to learn in hard way. I know Biafra agitation will soon start
You have just identified where the problem is with the bolded. They've been sowing hatred for no reason and that's why they can't be favoured. Ask any Yoruba person, they'll tell you if Tinubu doesn't win, Obi should win instead. Numerous Yorubas even carried Obi campaign on their head but the exact opposite is the case for those other people. Any body that tries any Biafra nonsense after this election will be treated in the language they understand, they should ask Kanu. Same Biafra agitation they threw in the mud for months because of the illusion they have of Obi becoming President. Same people calling for the head of Simon Ekpa recently, a guy championing their Biafran course.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by BossGerald: 7:53am On Feb 28, 2023
Luckysbab:

Let's see the evidence.

Re: Peter Obi Wins Edo State, Tinubu Comes Second by Solocoin: 7:54am On Feb 28, 2023
GreyLaw:

Which of the court when you know where the CJN comes from. Even with the happening during primaries there's no hope except the youth revolt against them. Either they rerun or the use the BVAS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Senators Meet With Ahmed Musa After World Cup Match In Russia. Photos / Temitope Olatoye ‘Sugar’ Shot In Ibadan, In A Critical Condition At UCH / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.