Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria (4144 Views)

Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense / Lagos, Akwa Ibom Rivers To Spend More Than 15 Other States Combined In 2021 / Unemployment: Imo, Akwa Ibom, Rivers Still Nigeria’s Worst Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by Imyourex(m): 6:28am On Feb 28, 2023
spearman:
Truth is many don't want an Ibo neighbor not to talk of president. Many find Ibos toxic like your opening of this thread confirms.

An average Akwa Ibomite does not love an Ibo, I was disappointed yesterday when PDP won Akwa Ibom, since the time of Biafra, Akwa Ibom were not in support, we deserve the kind of the government we have
Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by seunmsg(m): 6:32am On Feb 28, 2023
nkemjacob2:
I didn't know you like what's is happening in Nigeria. The economy problem, inflation, joblessness, failed promises, insecurity, etc. Oh. I mistook you to a States that actually desire change. I don't know u enjoyed and Love what is happenings. Look luck

Do you need bucket or handkerchief?

1 Like

Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by overall90: 6:54am On Feb 28, 2023
Imyourex:

An average Akwa Ibomite does not love an Ibo, I was disappointed yesterday when PDP won Akwa Ibom, since the time of Biafra, Akwa Ibom were not in support, we deserve the kind of the government we have

Please you people should stop this.
This election was different.
People are tired and frustrated about what is happening in Nigeria and wanted a change.
Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by Marley15: 6:58am On Feb 28, 2023
spearman:
Truth is many don't want an Ibo neighbor not to talk of president. Many find Ibos toxic like your opening of this thread confirms.
U a tribalistic
U should have said truth is that you Yorubas are scared of them cos they actually smarter than you guys buy it comes at price since they all smart they can't be united cos everyone got his own way of thinking!!!!
Know that and know peace

1 Like

Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by LordTheus(m): 7:00am On Feb 28, 2023
tosintoks:

At least learn how to structure simple sentences properly before you post on a public forum, so that you can avoid showcasing your illiteracy for all and sundry to see.

Pffft. Here comes the grammar police. Obsessed with semantic irregularities but couldn't care less about the point being made.
Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by LordTheus(m): 7:03am On Feb 28, 2023
Graysons:
Lol, I thought you guys said Obi is going to win in Rivers state, what happened now?

Wike happened.

Rigged results from Obio Akpor, Rivers
Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by Abiliboi: 7:14am On Feb 28, 2023
Midastorch:

This is exactly what an elderly man told me in Akwa Ibom on Sunday...

Let them go. They are exceptional.
Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by rottennaija(m): 7:20am On Feb 28, 2023
nkemjacob2:
I didn't know you like what's is happening in Nigeria. The economy problem, inflation, joblessness, failed promises, insecurity, etc. Oh. I mistook you to a States that actually desire change. I don't know u enjoyed and Love what is happenings. Look luck
Guy! Go and sit down. People made their choices.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by crixlight2(m): 7:22am On Feb 28, 2023
Graysons:
Lol, I thought you guys said Obi is going to win in Rivers state, what happened now?
With all their gazelle gragra na still third dem dey , south south, North central in bag no work
Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by emetisuccess(m): 7:30am On Feb 28, 2023
nkemjacob2:

Baba calm down na rig them rig am. We vote obi massively.
Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by Judas1X: 7:32am On Feb 28, 2023
spearman:

No it's not Ibo that's toxic.

It's not Yorubas

It's not the Ikwerre people

It's Nigerians, as a whole, that are toxic

OP point was very simple but y'all don't give a flying fucck about anything, instead choosing to bicker like 3 year old down syndrome toddlers about other people's tribes like it means JACK SHIT to do with someone's personality. At this present time and age, we should have evolved past all these ethno-religious sentiments and instead focus more on individual personalities and ideologies. But here we are measuring dicks every day on the basis of tribal affiliation.

For some time I've always held this belief that a high percentage of Nigerians were mentally retarded or just straight up illiterate (uneducated). I thought I was just being emotional and maybe exaggerating. But this year's election proceedings coupled with the comments I keep reading on Nairaland and Twitter does nothing but provide even more bases for my assumptions. Most of y'all got needle eye vision, you can't even look at a chair without wondering what tribe the chair is associated with.

Perhaps I'm serving a cosmic punishment by being born in such a degenerate country because for the life of me, I just can't relate with all the hate, pettiness, injustice, gaslighting and needlessly toxic attitude that permeates the entire country.

Not saying other countries are better. Others have their issues, but by God we're at the end of the shit and stupidity spectrum.

Fucck all of you

Fucck me

Fucck Nigeria.

I hope it gets razed and burns down to a crisp.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by ruggedtimi(m): 7:57am On Feb 28, 2023
Graysons:
he won rivers state. LP won all the national assembly seats in phalga/obio akpor, in some polling units APC had no vote.
Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by tosintoks: 8:20am On Feb 28, 2023
LordTheus:

Pffft. Here comes the grammar police. Obsessed with semantic irregularities but couldn't care less about the point being made.

And what exactly was the point being made? That a kid with far more emotion than either sense or minimal literacy decided to spout nonsense on a public forum. Though I have to admit that in your own particular case, it's obvious that literacy sometimes has grotesquely diminishing returns.
Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 8:31am On Feb 28, 2023
Graysons:

He will win. The margin may not be much though
Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by SaiOba: 8:35am On Feb 28, 2023
The original results coming out since yesterday night from Akwa Ibom shows/puts LP winning Akwa Ibom.. Omo, the machines that rigged Obi is deeply rooted in INEC.. Believe me, They will all go to jail.
nkemjacob2:
Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by Mfetenang: 8:38am On Feb 28, 2023
Yes we like Nigeria, we will never give power to our IPOB enemies. Now go and jump into the lagoon.
We do not owe you anything, ewu IPOB.

1 Like

Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by SaiOba: 8:41am On Feb 28, 2023
It is well.. We are all SICK as a country. Nigeria sure CAN'T be rescued,
Judas1X:

No it's not Ibo that's toxic.

It's not Yorubas

It's not the Ikwerre people

It's Nigerians, as a whole, that are toxic

OP point was very simple but y'all don't give a flying fucck about anything, instead choosing to bicker like 3 year old down syndrome toddlers about other people's tribes like it means JACK SHIT to do with someone's personality. At this present time and age, we should have evolved past all these ethno-religious sentiments and instead focus more on individual personalities and ideologies. But here we are measuring dicks every day on the basis of tribal affiliation.

For some time I've always held this belief that a high percentage of Nigerians were mentally retarded or just straight up illiterate (uneducated). I thought I was just being emotional and maybe exaggerating. But this year's election proceedings coupled with the comments I keep reading on Nairaland and Twitter does nothing but provide even more bases for my assumptions. Most of y'all got needle eye vision, you can't even look at a chair without wondering what tribe the chair is associated with.

Perhaps I'm serving a cosmic punishment by being born in such a degenerate country because for the life of me, I just can't relate with all the hate, pettiness, injustice, gaslighting and needlessly toxic attitude that permeates the entire country.

Not saying other countries are better. Others have their issues, but by God we're at the end of the shit and stupidity spectrum.

Fucck all of you

Fucck me

Fucck Nigeria.

I hope it gets razed and burns down to a crisp.
Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by gammarays1: 9:03am On Feb 28, 2023
Graysons:
Are you telling us Rivers voted for APC?

State it here clearly
Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by LUAN1: 9:06am On Feb 28, 2023
nkemjacob2:
Op, the problem I Saw in Akwa was illiteracy, I am From Akwa and I am not ashamed to saw this, people were not able to identify balot papers , which one is presidential and which one is house of rep, those vote PDP and APC got were mainly from villages, older women and women did not know that it was three election conducted that day, they wanted to deliver house of rep. Member, in my village for instance, it was between PDP and ypp, but the older men and women were just thumbprint ypp to avoid mistake because they wanted to deliver too candidate for house of representatives. See the results from my village for presidential

For presidential
APC 17
LP 32
PDP 22
Ypp 46
Meanwhile ypp said every member should vote lp for president, but the older people said the will not be able to identify which paper is presidential and which one is house of rep
That 46 for ypp supposed to belongs to lp if the voters knew how to vote.
LP won, in uyo and in Ibiono Ibom my local government

1 Like

Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by Mfetenang: 9:49am On Feb 28, 2023
hisgrace090:

Obi won river state but fraudsters have pulled out the rigging machine as seen by all
Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by Mfetenang: 9:50am On Feb 28, 2023
I'm sure you know where the lagoon is,use it.

1 Like

Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by greenmonk: 9:56am On Feb 28, 2023
nkemjacob2:
Are you really enlightened or you just type because you have data. Do you read what happened in the state or you are equating Wike to the people of Rivers State.
If your type are the youth we have in nigeria then Nigeria is finished. You've just displayed your foolish attitude.
Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by Badgers: 9:59am On Feb 28, 2023
hisgrace090:

Obi won river state but fraudsters have pulled out the rigging machine as seen by all

He was rigged because he wasn't popular in that area, rigging happens with your popularity. The experience observers who shout structures aren't shouting for nothing but as usual the obedient wil never pay attention to strategize. I do hope they have learnt their lessons against 2027.
Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by LordTheus(m): 10:09am On Feb 28, 2023
tosintoks:

And what exactly was the point being made? That a kid with far more emotion than either sense or minimal literacy decided to spout nonsense on a public forum. Though I have to admit that in your own particular case, it's obvious that literacy sometimes has grotesquely diminishing returns.

Honestly I should have better things to do with my time than to engage with you in a puerile back and forth, but I will indulge you just this once. I'll clarify before going further that my support or dismissal of any candidate isn't based upon emotional, tribal or religious tilts. I prefer to eliminate bias, then assess the situation before producing an objective analysis.

The point made wasn't particularly difficult to miss, but it's quite unfortunate that I have to point out an obvious banality to you: that we're all hoping for an ideal government. And if we're being fair, objective and honest, Tinubu -- while he has his positives -- is the least capable among the three options presented, of delivering that ideal government.

Is Tinubu the person you're really hinging our national progress on? Someone with one foot in the grave? Someone that we can all see is riddled with health and fitness challenges so severe that they often even affect his speech and mannerisms? Can't you see the pattern here? Don't you remember Buhari in 2015?

The responsibility that comes with the office of presidency is not a plate of rice and beans. Buhari wasn't fit for office in 2015 but he won the elections. What did he do when he entered office? The first thing he did was exit the country for treatment, leaving his responsibility to aides and associates to run his government.

If Tinubu wins, his government at best will be an approximate of Buhari's government where the President may defer responsibility to ministers and advisers. And who's to say how efficient they will be? Who's to say how corrupt they will be?

I don't say this as a definite prediction, however. He may choose to stick around. But are you confident that the challenges that he has to deal with in the country, inherited from a disastrous Buhari government, won't overwhelm him given his current physical and mental status? Remember Nigeria is worse now than it was in 2015. Tinubu's demeanor of recent at campaign rallies and interviews suggests that he might not be fit, regardless of him saying otherwise.

As for your pathetic ad hominem towards the end of your paragraph, I won't even dignify it with a response. Not that I can't deal with the tit-for-tat, but because I consider it useless and petty at this point in time. We can do better than that. If you have an argument, why not present it without resorting to petty jabs or cancelling people's grammar? If you can convince me with rational and objective dialogue why Tinubu is the best candidate for the job, then I'm willing to listen to what you have to say.

I don't own a horse in this race, but so far the best arguments for presidency mostly come from the LP and PDP.
Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by 2elliot: 11:06am On Feb 28, 2023
temitope27:
and you didn't vote for APC? Are you normal
We didn't vote him. The said guy is my uncle and has run for four times now. No one likes him, because he has no impact in the community. He only remembers the community during elections, and after it he runs back to Abuja or elsewhere.
Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by 196chetachi: 12:20pm On Feb 28, 2023
Everyone cannot be Obi asslicker. My choice is my choice and your choice is yours.Everyone cannot be Obi asslicker. My choice is my choice and your choice is yours....
Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by Graysons: 1:20am On Mar 13, 2023
gammarays1:

Are you telling us Rivers voted for APC?

State it here clearly
Yes they did.
Re: Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa. I Didn't Know You Like What Is Going On In Nigeria by Graysons: 1:22am On Mar 13, 2023
overall90:

Obi won Rivers State.
In your delusion, you believe Obi will loose Obigbo were Wike took soldiers to go and kill people in 2020.

Go and see what is happening on their IREV, they are now running Helter skelter to upload results there by mixing up results.
First of all, there's nothing like Obigbo it is Oyigbo and second,yes Obi lost there

(1) (2) (Reply)

From Lagos To Oshogbo: Governorship Aspirant Escape Death By The Whiskers / Court Restrains Inec From Importing Ddc Machines / Kano Defies Nlc’s Order To Suspend Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.