Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms (3743 Views)

Kogi Guber: APC, PDP, SDP In Tight Race / Sanwo-olu, Makinde, Others In Tight Race For Democracy Heroes Award Votes / Edo: PDP In Tight Corner Over Obaseki’s Ticket Bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by Bestmanfornow: 9:00am On Feb 28, 2023
•Tinubu polls 4.1m, Atiku 3m, Obi 1.6m in 14 states
•APC wins in Ekiti, Kwara, Ondo, Oyo, Ogun, JIgawa

•PDP in Osun, Yobe, Gombe, Adamawa, Katsina

•LP in Lagos, Enugu, Nasarawa

The Presidential candidates of the ruling All Progressives Congress; main opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP; and Labour Party, were locked in a tight race, last night as results of the February 25 elections trickled in yesterday.

So far, results from 14 states have been declared by the National Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Professor Mahmood Yakubu, who is the Chief Returning Officer for the presidential polls.

From the results, the APC Presidential Candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is leading, followed by PDP’s Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, and Mr. Peter Obi of the LP.

According to the results as presented at the National Collation Centre in Abuja, Tinubu has 4,105,663, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has 3,052,625 votes, and Mr. Peter Obi has 1,643,069 votes.
Although, Tinubu is leading with 1.1 million votes, there were apprehension, last night that it might be difficult for any of the three candidates to get a simple majority and 25 per cent of the votes scored in at least two-thirds (24) of Nigeria’s 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja required to be declared winner outright.

Results from state collation centres show Tinubu to be leading in South-est even though he lost two of the six states; and making impact in some North-East, North-Central and North-West states and Rivers State.

Also, Atiku, who claimed a state in the South-West, made impact in Akwa Ibom and is doing well in Northern states.

In like manner, Obi, who won Lagos is strong in South-East, parts of South-South and North-Central and Abuja.

Section 134 of the Constitution provides as follows:

(1) A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be deemed to have been duly elected, where, there being only two candidates for the election –

(a) he has the majority of votes cast at the election; and

(b) he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election in each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

(2) A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be deemed to have been duly elected where, there being more than two candidates for the election-
https:///Tx5tzUvmW1

Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by DispatcherLagos: 9:03am On Feb 28, 2023
With just Enugu from the East announced, believe me, obi has won this election

4 Likes

Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by Iamgrey5(m): 9:03am On Feb 28, 2023
Runoff in an election Tinubu has already won.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by LocalStandard1(m): 9:04am On Feb 28, 2023
Tinubu the criminal will never be Nigeria's President!

Anyone I refuse to acknowledge his leadership in this country will not be the leader. Final!!

8 Likes

Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by Iamgrey5(m): 9:06am On Feb 28, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
Where will he see the deficit to cover the 14 Northern states he preformed badly in?

He has over 2 million deficit in the North against Obi as it is!

Kano, Jigawa, Sokoto, Niger, Borno, Yobe, Gombe, Zamfara, kastina, Kaduna, Niger, Bauchi, Kebbi and Kwara

TINUBU Bested obi by a lot here to the tune of nearly 3 million

He only bested Tinubu in Plateau, Taraba and Abuja and Nasrawa to the tune of 500k

Tinubu Bested obi in the South West to the tune of 900k

He could only do 400 to 500k to Tinubu in the South

So he must somehow best Tinubu with about 3 million in the remaining South East elections.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by VoteTinubu2023: 9:09am On Feb 28, 2023
Why is Vanguard news toying with this people's emotions?

Lagos : Tinubu 400k votes advantage over Atiku.
Kano : Tinubu 500k votes advantage over Atiku.

He has the required 25% spread in states unexpected of him to like Akwa Ibom, Edo, Cross River. cheesy

Give up. It's a lost cause

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by Bestmanfornow: 9:09am On Feb 28, 2023
Almost all the state in West, Northeast, and some state in Northwest, only Enugu has been mentioned in the east, that's why they are manipulating results in Obi strongholds to favour Tinubu, from South-South, South-East and North-Central, day light robbery imagine INEC Chairman in Imo absconded with the results, same manipulation is going on in Ebonyi Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Plateau and Benue. Una wan burn down this country

6 Likes

Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by Bestmanfornow: 9:09am On Feb 28, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Where will he see the deficit to cover the 14 Northern states he preformed badly in?

KANO INEC OFFICIAL RESULTS

APC :517341.
LP: 28513.
NNPP: 997279.
PDP :131716

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by TechW: 9:10am On Feb 28, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Runoff in an election Tinubu has already won.
Most of APC results will be cancelled, there are plenty evidence of massive rigging. I have downloaded alot of them and comparing with what have been uploaded on the INEC server makes a mess of everything. INEC did not conduct any election. The bvas has messed APC up

11 Likes

Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by Dafresh: 9:11am On Feb 28, 2023
Just reading comments
Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by DispatcherLagos: 9:11am On Feb 28, 2023
Iamgrey5:

4 South Eastern states and some South southern states can close that gap.....my opinion tho

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by Bestmanfornow: 9:11am On Feb 28, 2023
Iamgrey5:

INEC most correct the errors in South-south especially Rivers State that's where Obi gave all massive gap that's why they bet in manipulating the results by all means
Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by GreyLaw(m): 9:13am On Feb 28, 2023
TechW:

Most of APC results will be cancelled, there are plenty evidence of massive rigging. I have downloaded alot of them and comparing with what have been uploaded on the INEC server makes a mess of everything. INEC did not conduct any election. The bvas has messed APC up

I need Mahmood Yakubu sent to jail.
Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by blabulu2000: 9:13am On Feb 28, 2023
Bestmanfornow:
•Tinubu polls 4.1m, Atiku 3m, Obi 1.6m in 14 states
•APC wins in Ekiti, Kwara, Ondo, Oyo, Ogun, JIgawa

•PDP in Osun, Yobe, Gombe, Adamawa, Katsina

•LP in Lagos, Enugu, Nasarawa

The Presidential candidates of the ruling All Progressives Congress; main opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP; and Labour Party, were locked in a tight race, last night as results of the February 25 elections trickled in yesterday.

So far, results from 14 states have been declared by the National Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Professor Mahmood Yakubu, who is the Chief Returning Officer for the presidential polls.

From the results, the APC Presidential Candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is leading, followed by PDP’s Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, and Mr. Peter Obi of the LP.

According to the results as presented at the National Collation Centre in Abuja, Tinubu has 4,105,663, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has 3,052,625 votes, and Mr. Peter Obi has 1,643,069 votes.
Although, Tinubu is leading with 1.1 million votes, there were apprehension, last night that it might be difficult for any of the three candidates to get a simple majority and 25 per cent of the votes scored in at least two-thirds (24) of Nigeria’s 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja required to be declared winner outright.

Results from state collation centres show Tinubu to be leading in South-est even though he lost two of the six states; and making impact in some North-East, North-Central and North-West states and Rivers State.

Also, Atiku, who claimed a state in the South-West, made impact in Akwa Ibom and is doing well in Northern states.

In like manner, Obi, who won Lagos is strong in South-East, parts of South-South and North-Central and Abuja.

Section 134 of the Constitution provides as follows:

(1) A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be deemed to have been duly elected, where, there being only two candidates for the election –

(a) he has the majority of votes cast at the election; and

(b) he has not less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election in each of at least two-thirds of all the States in the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

(2) A candidate for an election to the office of President shall be deemed to have been duly elected where, there being more than two candidates for the election-
https:///Tx5tzUvmW1

Op is dreaming...

Perhaps he just woke up.....

.go and pisss. You might wet your bed....

Daydreamer

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by VoteTinubu2023: 9:13am On Feb 28, 2023
TechW:

Pele My dear.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by Iamgrey5(m): 9:14am On Feb 28, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

KANO INEC OFFICIAL RESULTS

APC :517341.
LP: 28513.
NNPP: 997279.
PDP :131716
Kano, Kastina, Kebbi alone is more than a million difference between Tinubu and Obi.

Not to talk of Jigawa, Zamfara Sokoto and Niger state

I don't even want to mention Kwara, Borno, Yobe, Gombe, Bauchi and Kaduna where he leads him by nearly 1 million votes

3 Likes

Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by Owoino: 9:14am On Feb 28, 2023
This one is still dreaming, meanwhile dem never announce Borno and Zamfara votes,Tinubu even won Sokoto.Go back to your shop Emeka,it is finished.
An Igbo man will never rule Nigeria. Stop dreaming.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by Iamgrey5(m): 9:15am On Feb 28, 2023
DispatcherLagos:

4 South Eastern states and some South southern states can close that gap.....my opinion tho
What of the gap built in the South West.

Where will that be closed?

He is currently leading Obi with about a 2 million votes in the north based on my conservative estimate.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by MuchAdo: 9:16am On Feb 28, 2023
Vanguard is a typical piiggiidiotic news platform that doesn't want to wake to realities on ground.

All the parties have a fair idea of the final results. That's why some are already agitating while APC is calm.

There is going to be NO run-off anywhere!

Tinubu has won this to the glory if God cool

Piiggidiots amaka cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by qtx(m): 9:17am On Feb 28, 2023
Obi is winning this race. I know you will ask how? I will explain at the end of everything. You will say i said it. Forget what you are seeing now, the end of it will see Obi win the election.
Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by Mide337: 9:18am On Feb 28, 2023
God abeg

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by ThatFairGuy1: 9:20am On Feb 28, 2023
Election Tinubu has won or what

They're giving Ibn Dubai hope, to the obidiotts, no hope for you at all at all

1 Like

Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by Bestmanfornow: 9:22am On Feb 28, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Kano, Kastina, Kebbi alone is more than a million difference between Tinubu and Obi.

Not to talk of Jigawa, Zamfara Sokoto and Niger state

I don't even want to mention Kwara, Borno, Yobe, Gombe, Bauchi and Kaduna where he leads him by nearly 1 million votes
Rivers election will be cancel Obi got more than a million votes Tinubu didn't get up 8% in Rivers State
Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by mymadam(m): 9:22am On Feb 28, 2023
GreyLaw:

I need Mahmood Yakubu sent to jail.

Just like that, ehn? OK o😏
Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by Iamgrey5(m): 9:24am On Feb 28, 2023
TechW:

Most APc results will be cancelled but PDP and Lp results in the same polling units and wards will be valid?
Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by Iamgrey5(m): 9:24am On Feb 28, 2023
Bestmanfornow:

Rivers election will be cancel Obi got more than a million votes Tinubu didn't get up 8% in Rivers State
If Rivers is cancelled, Tinubu will win with a much larger Margin.
Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by Wickedfacts: 9:58am On Feb 28, 2023
DispatcherLagos:

Won without having 25% in 24 states.
You get brain so?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by Think9ja(m): 10:11am On Feb 28, 2023
Run off in an election BAT has won?

Hahaha

Una never start to cry.

Those votes ya'all wasted on Obi will hunt you igbos for the most part of your life iives.

I voted for Atiku, but I can also manage BAT.

Anybody but Obi
Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by Olachase(m): 10:33am On Feb 28, 2023
I swear anybody but Obi ✖️✖️✖️
Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 28, 2023
VoteTinubu2023:
Why is Vanguard news toying with this people's emotions?

Lagos : Tinubu 400k votes advantage over Atiku.
Kano : Tinubu 500k votes advantage over Atiku.

He has the required 25% spread in states unexpected of him to like Akwa Ibom, Edo, Cross River. cheesy

Give up. It's a lost cause

Re: Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, In Tight Race As Run-off Looms by TruthsFM: 10:53am On Feb 28, 2023
Run off keee. Inec should cancel the collation of results . Protests loom

(1) (2) (Reply)

A country that needs a savior / CSU Result: What Atiku Ordered Vs What He Got (Pictures Included) / The Politics In Integration (Nigerian Free Dating Site)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.