Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos (1538 Views)

Restructuring: No President Can Solve Nigeria Problem Without Doing This / Masari: No President Better Than Buhari Since Nigeria’s Amalgamation In 1914 / Buhari To Gradually Ease Lockdown In Lagos, FCT And Ogun From 4th May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by ForG(m): 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2023

Owing to their strategic functions in Africa's preeminent superpower, the key cities of Abuja and Lagos have been the best representations of Nigeria's vast diversity since the 1996 establishment of all 36 Nigerian states.

Since the dawn of the Fourth Republic and the end of military dictatorship in Nigeria, Abuja and Lagos have profited from the federal government's encouragement of ethnic immigration.

These areas rank first and second in terms of internal revenue generated in 2021 (the most recent government statistics), making them the wealthiest regions in Nigeria.

Therefore, it is no surprise that no elected president in the Fourth Republic has ever simultaneously lost the Federal Capital Territory and Lagos State.

Before 2023, Olusegun Obasanjo of the PDP was the only elected president to fail to win Lagos, losing by a margin of almost 1,300,000 votes to Olu Falae of the APP/AD in 1991.
Nonetheless, the president consolidated his gains with a narrow victory in the FCT.

In the next general elections in 2003, the incumbent president became the first to win the FCT and Lagos, achieving this by a margin of about one million votes.

Goodluck Jonathan accomplished this feat a second time in 2011, when he won both regions handily on his route to becoming president.

Based on this pattern, the preliminary results of the Presidential Elections of 2023 indicate that Peter Obi would likely become the next president of Nigeria, having won both regions.

The chart below depicts the historical victors of Lagos and the FCT in national elections, as well as the ultimate president elected:

https://www.clacified.com/education/16/nigeria-presidential-election-history-trends

5 Likes

Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 28, 2023
There’s always a first time. Please shun violence.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 28, 2023
Don't mind INEC

PETER OBI should better be sworn in immediately

15 Likes

Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by Amotolongbo(f): 12:14pm On Feb 28, 2023
There is always a first time to everything
Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by Massiveglory: 12:15pm On Feb 28, 2023
It is not a hidden fact that the election is a monumental fraud by desperate politicians in tandem with some INEC officials.

It is more disgraceful because the root cause of the whole fraud steams from INEC BREAKING its own laws.

Right now, for the sake of our nation, declaring an "inconclusive election" is the safest path so as to calm nerves and avoid lawlessness. After which stakeholders will come together to decide the way forward

14 Likes

Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by ForG(m): 12:15pm On Feb 28, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

I'm not supporting nothing, brother.

No President has ever lost Kwara, Tinubu won it.

2 Likes

Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by Danisaint112(m): 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2023
Atiku was busy doing his rigging in the core North while Tinubu doing his nationwide. Except the South-East that gave them strong resistance.

The yorubas tried. No doubt. But this election has also proved somethings;

1. The Yorubas are not as intelligent as we all hype them to be. As a matter of fact they are as comprised as the Core North in this election.

2. The igbos are always straight. They always work with one mind, very smart but highly underrated when it comes to intelligence ranking.
It has always been their nature they would tell you their mind, do it and damn the consequences. One reason the are hated all round.

3. WIKE is not what he portrays (fighting for southern interest). As a matter of fact he is evil and is fighting for his stomach alone. Evidence of the attrocities he committed in Rivers State to lay waste the votes of LP Supporters are emerging.

4. The whole BVAS stuff and security deployment by Buhari was pure FRAUD, SHAM, SCAM, 419. It was all a distraction to make us feel he is working.

If INEC decides to be useless then my we the citizens might as well make them more useless.

We in Abuja is just waiting for INEC to do their own finish. Then we will start our own.

Tinubu will never be president of Nigeria and if by chance 0.01% he becomes president I will never call him my president. 😐

9 Likes

Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by ForG(m): 12:18pm On Feb 28, 2023
Please report the post above for breaking rule 2.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by Zincfingers: 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2023
Danisaint112:
Atiku was busy doing his rigging in the core North while Tinubu doing his nationwide. Except the east that gave them strong resistance.

1. The Yorubas are not as intelligent as we all hype them to be. As a matter of fact they are as comprised as the Core North in this election.

2. The igbos are always straight. They always work with one mind, very smart but highly underrated when it comes to intelligence ranking.
It has always been their nature they would tell you their mind, do it and damn the consequences. One reason the are hated all round.

3. WIKE is not what he portrays (fighting for southern interest). As a matter of fact he is evil and is fighting for his stomach alone. Evidence of the attrocities he committed in Rivers State to lay waste the votes of LP Supporters are emerging.

4. The whole BVAS stuff and security deployment by Buhari was pure FRAUD, SHAM, SCAM, 419. It was all a distraction to make us feel he is working.

If INEC decides to be useless then my we the citizens might as well make them more useless.

We in Abuja is just waiting for INEC to do their own finish. Then we will start our own.

Tinubu will never be president of Nigeria and if by chance 0.01% he becomes president I will never call him my president. 😐
Osu
You godforsaken sore loser.
Useless nyamuri. You think we don't know how you rigged in your blighted region abi

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 28, 2023
grin

2 Likes

Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by Slynation(m): 12:26pm On Feb 28, 2023
As far as I'm concerned...!! I will never recognise the INEC choice of president in Nigeria.

The country is on autopilot and has no leadership...!!

2 Likes

Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 28, 2023
That's to show you that APC are only trying to rig themselves in

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by omowolewa: 12:27pm On Feb 28, 2023
I will appeal that you please shun violence, no let one small boy soldier use you practice live target
Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by Danisaint112(m): 12:36pm On Feb 28, 2023
Zincfingers:

Osu
You godforsaken sore loser.
Useless nyamuri. You think we don't know how you rigged in your blighted region abi

Damn see the hatred you have for a certain tribe. I was right after all. I am very happy you were pained. You pain is my joy.
Illiterate that don't know when to use OSU in a context.

1 Like

Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by Zandena(f): 12:38pm On Feb 28, 2023
This is a lie from pit of hell! Buhari lost both FCT and Lagos to PDP in 2019 and yet he won! You can only deceive your gullible ones but not intelligent people.
You're bitterred by the resounding victory of the Muslim-Muslim ticket which you sworn to stop.
But Muslims are not your mates in Nigeria! The character of Christians in states where they have majority like plateau, Benue, SE and SS shows they will deny Muslims even VP position if they have that majority advantage nationally.
Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by abobote: 12:40pm On Feb 28, 2023
And Peter took those states, but they rigged him out other states

1 Like

Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by Aldol: 12:43pm On Feb 28, 2023
That also means no President will perform as Tinubu
Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by NothingDoMe: 12:44pm On Feb 28, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I support your stance and your other posts I've seen. Well done.

However there's pressing issues that has to be addressed for Nigerias stability. Will INEC interpret the law as Falana said or as the law is written.

Issues like this are what brings about a speedy closure or prolonged engagement.
Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by vedaxcool(m): 12:45pm On Feb 28, 2023
Ob morons will astound you with their idocity!
Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 28, 2023
NothingDoMe:
I support your stance and your other posts I've seen. Well done.

However there's pressing issues that has to be addressed for Nigerias stability. Will INEC interpret the law as Falana said or as the law is written.

Issues like this are what brings about a speedy closure or prolonged engagement.
That law does not apply here. Is Abuja a state?
Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by RPG2020(m): 12:46pm On Feb 28, 2023
Amotolongbo:
There is always a first time to everything

This boy enter house
Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by cursedAbiola(f): 12:47pm On Feb 28, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
you created this moniker for this purpose

but too late for you
we'll resist this to the last
Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by NothingDoMe: 12:48pm On Feb 28, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
That law does not apply here. Is Abuja a state?
Falana says it it.

But section 299 reads: "as if it were a state"
Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 28, 2023
cursedAbiola:
you created this moniker for this purpose

but too late for you
we'll resist this to the last
As if you have strength to fight. Chekempe
Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by cursedAbiola(f): 12:49pm On Feb 28, 2023
Zandena:
This is a lie from pit of hell! Buhari lost both FCT and Lagos to PDP in 2019 and yet he won! You can only deceive your gullible ones but not intelligent people.
You're bitterred by the resounding victory of the Muslim-Muslim ticket which you sworn to stop.
But Muslims are not your mates in Nigeria! The character of Christians in states where they have majority like plateau, Benue, SE and SS shows they will deny Muslims even VP position if they have that majority advantage nationally.
Hahahahaha
no party has ever won Lagos until LP

Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by inoki247: 12:53pm On Feb 28, 2023
Lol always a first time for a everything remember a Muslim Muslim ticket breaking record angry sad shocked
Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by LordAdam16: 12:55pm On Feb 28, 2023
Zandena:

Buhari won Lagos in 2019.

-Lord
Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by khalling2008: 12:56pm On Feb 28, 2023
You better stop wailing and accepting that Tinubu is your next president whether you like it or not.

I will also advise you or any other people like you that want to protest against the outcome of the election instead of going to court to challenge, the Nigerian army will use you to practice shooting, please b4 you go out, do your last prayer, and your Will to your family. Thanks, that's my candid advice for those who wish to say good morning in Nigeria and say good afternoon at baba God's place.
Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by bazoodo: 12:59pm On Feb 28, 2023
Zandena:
Buhari had 35% in the FCT in 2019
Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by Babaken(m): 1:05pm On Feb 28, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Let's shun violence and give it to the rightful winner Obi.
Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by Jack500: 1:05pm On Feb 28, 2023
Danisaint112:
Atiku was busy doing his rigging in the core North while Tinubu doing his nationwide. Except the east that gave them strong resistance.

You are an idiot.

Tinubu will rule you and your papa, you useless tribalistic animals, every region votes for all the candidates apart from the monkeys with nsogbu, nsogbu politics.

No ibo man will ever rule this country
Re: No President Has Ever Lost Both The FCT And Lagos by Cajal(m): 1:09pm On Feb 28, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Don't mind him
They have always been rigging

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Should Be Prepared For Darkness Occultist Tinubu Will Bring / NEFERTITI Aka @firstladyship Deletes Tweet Claiming Peter Obi Won 19 States / Delta State - APC Is Silently Rigging Governorship To Control Oil Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.