Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Weird Issue With My Car - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Weird Issue With My Car (283 Views)

Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered / Girl With Weird Tongue Causes A Stir Online / List 5 Weird Facts About You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weird Issue With My Car by Thatwebdev: 1:26pm On Feb 28, 2023
Last week, as I was on my way to the office in my 2006 Honda Accord Euro CL9, the car suddenly stalled while I was on the highway. Although there was a light on the dashboard, I attempted to restart it by shifting to neutral, but it wouldn't start. With the assistance of a colleague, we managed to push the car to the side of the road, but it kept cranking when I tried to start it again.

I contacted Kazeem, who checked the engine and determined that it was an electrical issue. He then contacted his colleague, who inspected the fuse boxes. Meanwhile, I attempted to use my ELM adapter to scan the car, but it only connected to the ELM and not the ECU. After the rewire guy examined it, he pointed out the green blinking key on the dashboard.

To make a long story short, we towed the car to their shop using my friend's car and returned to the office. The rewire charged me 8k to fix the issue, but I knew he ripped me off. I wasn't worried, but I didn't want the problem to recur because it was so embarrassing.

The next morning, I attempted to start the car, and the same problem arose. I opened the fuse box under the hood and reset some fuses, which resolved the issue, but I wasn't satisfied.

That evening, I conducted some research and opened the passenger-side fuse box. I removed the ACG fuse and saw the blinking key again. When I reinserted it, the issue vanished. This confirmed that it was a fuse problem.

This morning, as I was driving on the service lane, I heard an unusual relay-clicking sound emanating from the passenger-side fuse box, and my car stalled. After it happened twice, the green key light appeared again.

I removed all of the fuses and reconnected them randomly, and the issue stopped. However, when I hit a bump, it stalled, and the light appeared again. I had to gently tap the fuse box and secure it properly, after which it didn't occur again until I reached the office.

I believe I should replace the fuse box since this problem is extremely frustrating.

Additional Issues:
The engine Revs high when switching gears, Especially when switching to gear 3.

Please, Gurus in the house, Your suggestions and advice are needed. Thank you

cc nurey
cc gazzuz

Re: Weird Issue With My Car by nurey(m): 5:48pm On Feb 28, 2023
check the fuse box wiring, i have noticed loose wiring from my honda before which was making the connection of a fuse disengaged. If you change fuse and the problem persists then you have to check the fusebox itself and the fusebox wiring.
Re: Weird Issue With My Car by Thatwebdev: 6:01am On Mar 08, 2023
nurey:
check the fuse box wiring, i have noticed loose wiring from my honda before which was making the connection of a fuse disengaged. If you change fuse and the problem persists then you have to check the fusebox itself and the fusebox wiring.
Thanks Boss, na only you reply. I got a good Rewire guy to fix the fuse box and the issue stopped.

The car is a conversion, that's why I'm getting these electrical issues.

I have 2 pending issues now.

First is, the car hesitates. I've changed spark plugs changed fuel pump twice..

I want to tell my mechanic to clean the throttle body and air intake.

Secondly, The Engine revs high when it wants to change gear. This action is spontaneous though.

What do you advise sir?
Re: Weird Issue With My Car by nurey(m): 6:13am On Mar 08, 2023
Thatwebdev:

Thanks Boss, na only you reply. I got a good Rewire guy to fix the fuse box and the issue stopped.

The car is a conversion, that's why I'm getting these electrical issues.

I have 2 pending issues now.

First is, the car hesitates. I've changed spark plugs changed fuel pump twice..

I want to tell my mechanic to clean the throttle body and air intake.

Secondly, The Engine revs high when it wants to change gear. This action is spontaneous though.

What do you advise sir?

For the 1st issue I would advise a scan first if possible that will help narrow down diagnosis.

For 2nd how high does it rev? Anything around 4 to 5k rpm b4 changing gear nah issues, then you have to start from small check ATF level, check ATF color and if possible drain ATF and refill with original honda DW1 atf
Re: Weird Issue With My Car by Thatwebdev: 9:20am On Mar 08, 2023
nurey:

For the 1st issue I would advise a scan first if possible that will help narrow down diagnosis.

For 2nd how high does it rev? Anything around 4 to 5k rpm b4 changing gear nah issues, then you have to start from small check ATF level, check ATF color and if possible drain ATF and refill with original honda DW1 atf
Yeah , the guy tampered with my obd2 port and I am not getting power. He is going to rectify that today so I can scan.

as for the trans. I got the car like that. I have drained and refilled with total fluidmatic and same issue persists. it revs to 4k rpm then it changes to gear 4, sometimes from 2 to 3..
Re: Weird Issue With My Car by nurey(m): 11:37am On Mar 08, 2023
Thatwebdev:

Yeah , the guy tampered with my obd2 port and I am not getting power. He is going to rectify that today so I can scan.

as for the trans. I got the car like that. I have drained and refilled with total fluidmatic and same issue persists. it revs to 4k rpm then it changes to gear 4, sometimes from 2 to 3..

Is it that the transmission is jumping gears? Like moving from 2 to 4 evading 3, you may need to scan transmission too
Re: Weird Issue With My Car by Thatwebdev: 1:03pm On Mar 08, 2023
nurey:

Is it that the transmission is jumping gears? Like moving from 2 to 4 evading 3, you may need to scan transmission too

No, it does not jump gears. When it wants to switch from either 2 to 3 or 3 to 4, it revs high to around 4rpm before it changes.

and I scanned, ecm/pcm control relay circuit and Oxygen sensor. Nothing more.
Re: Weird Issue With My Car by nurey(m): 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2023
Thatwebdev:

No, it does not jump gears. When it wants to switch from either 2 to 3 or 3 to 4, it revs high to around 4rpm before it changes.

and I scanned, ecm/pcm control relay circuit and Oxygen sensor. Nothing more.

You need a high level scanner to pick up codes from transmission but your transmission is faulty but better to scan first before attempting trial and error
Re: Weird Issue With My Car by Thatwebdev: 3:17pm On Mar 13, 2023
nurey:

You need a high-level scanner to pick up codes from transmission but your transmission is faulty but better to scan first before attempting trial and error

Thank you so much, bro. About the random Stuttering, what else can we check? I've changed all 4 plugs and one faulty plug, I have also changed the fuel pump, but the issue still persists.
Re: Weird Issue With My Car by nurey(m): 3:38pm On Mar 13, 2023
Thatwebdev:

Thank you so much, bro. About the random Stuttering, what else can we check? I've changed all 4 plugs and one faulty plug, I have also changed the fuel pump, but the issue still persists.

Your car works with Air, spark and fuel. Your random stuttering isn't understood sha. Is it loss of power or unstable breathing (rpm fluctuations).

Check your Mass air flow and the sensors. Check the intake air filter and the throttle body.

But I would have loved for you to fix the obd port first.

Hope the mechanic never touch ur injector?
Re: Weird Issue With My Car by Thatwebdev: 4:23pm On Mar 13, 2023
nurey:

Your car works with Air, spark and fuel. Your random stuttering isn't understood sha. Is it loss of power or unstable breathing (rpm fluctuations).

Check your Mass air flow and the sensors. Check the intake air filter and the throttle body.

But I would have loved for you to fix the obd port first.

Hope the mechanic never touch ur injector?

Fixed the port, but no error code.

It kinda hesitates when I want to accelerate.
Re: Weird Issue With My Car by nurey(m): 4:27pm On Mar 13, 2023
Thatwebdev:

Fixed the port, but no error code.

It kinda hesitates when I want to accelerate.

What you describe now feels like throttle response issue. The technician would use the live data from the scanner to pin point the issue
Re: Weird Issue With My Car by Thatwebdev: 4:34pm On Mar 13, 2023
nurey:

What you describe now feels like a throttle response issue. The technician would use the live data from the scanner to pin point the issue

Thanks, Boss, You are a champ! I will inform him...
Re: Weird Issue With My Car by Thatwebdev: 4:56am On Apr 04, 2023
Hello Bro. So after several weeks of misfiring. I had to scan while driving and I finally saw the codes.

My friend who happens to be a mechanic serviced the nozzles. Then we tested. He also swapped the positions of the coil.

A particular coil no. 4 was always the first to trigger the misfire on its cylinder, then we swapped it to 3,and the same thing happened.

The engine misfired on cylinder 3.

So our conclusion is that particular coil is faulty.

I'm going to get another one today and change it to see how it goes...

Thank you for your time and attention

(1) (Reply)

Have You Heard Of Data Card's??? / Anthony Joshua Fight Live Stream Times, How To Watch On TV, Free Online, Boxing / Lady Tackles Nigerian Men Hailing Achraf Hakimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.