Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,898 members, 7,863,089 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:20 AM

I Emerged Through The People's Mandate_house Of Reps Elect, Obetta* - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Emerged Through The People's Mandate_house Of Reps Elect, Obetta* (287 Views)

INEC Removes Alhassan Doguwa’s Name From Reps-Elect List / Gbajabiamila With Apc Reps Elect At KABBA Holy Mosque / APC House Of Reps-elect, Butalawa Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Emerged Through The People's Mandate_house Of Reps Elect, Obetta* by odoemelamemmanu(m): 2:31pm On Feb 28, 2023
*I emerged through the people's mandate_House of Reps elect, Obetta*

By Ikechukwu Odu
NSUKKA----The House of the Representatives-elect for Nsukka/Igbo-Eze South Federal Constituency, Chidi Obetta, yesterday, appreciated the people of the constituency for entrusting him with their political mandate.

Obetta who emerged on the platform of Labour Party, LP, defeated his closest rival, Vitalis Abba, of the People's Democratic Party, PDP with 50,881 votes against 19,347 garnered by the latter.

While speaking at his country home, Ibagwa-Ani, in Nsukka Local Government Area of Enugu State, Obetta, said that LP would pull down the walls of corruption in the state, adding that he relied on the people, not political godfathers to win the contest.

He pledged to revitalise Small and Medium Scale Enterprises, SMEs, in the constituency through provision of credits, security and enabling environment for businesses to thrive so as to make jobs available for the youths.

He also expressed optimism on the emergence of the gubernatorial candidate of LP in Enugu State, Chijioke Edeoga, in March 11 polls in the state, saying that the people have accepted the party to restore their political fortunes in the state.

"If you remember what I told you during the zonal rally, I said we are going to pull down the walls of corruption in Enugu State. I am happy because the people have spoken through their votes, so, I emerged on the people's mandate; the people are our political godfathers and structures. We are going to deliver dividends of democracy totally to the people of Enugu North Senatorial District.

"If you look at my manifesto, you will see that we are going to create two constituency offices; one in Nsukka, and the second one in Igbo-Eze South Local Government Areas. These offices will be very functional in engaging our constituents and to get feedback of what they need.

"What is even most important now is that we need the synergy between the state and the federal government. On the 11th of March, 2023, we are going back to the polls to elect our next governor and we want our candidate, Chijioke Edeoga, to win so that it would be Labour Party all the way. With that we would form a synergy that would deliver dividends of democracy to our people.

"I have built contacts across the six geo-political zones in the country and we are going to use those contacts to attract federal government presence to this constituency," he said.

While talking about job creation in his constituency, he equally said "Every economy in the world is driven by Small and Medium Scale Enterprises, SMEs, all we will do is to open opportunities for these businesses to access credits, and to provide the enabling environment and security to make them thrive. 75% of new businesses fail in the first five years of establishment and we need to reduce it to 50% in the next four years. The multiplier effect is that those businesses will employ three to four persons and unemployment would be reduced," he said.
_30_
Photo:Chidi Obetta

https://osunreporters.com/2023/02/i-emerged-through-the-peoples-mandate_house-of-reps-elect-obetta/

Re: I Emerged Through The People's Mandate_house Of Reps Elect, Obetta* by Fadafada231(m): 2:33pm On Feb 28, 2023
Congratulations bro
Re: I Emerged Through The People's Mandate_house Of Reps Elect, Obetta* by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 28, 2023
Peter Obi did the lords work for you . Congrats Nwokem. Meanwhile I dislike men with gaptooth, it makes them feminine
Re: I Emerged Through The People's Mandate_house Of Reps Elect, Obetta* by garriAndsugar: 2:48pm On Feb 28, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Peter Obi did the lords work for you . Congrats Nwokem. Meanwhile I dislike men with gaptooth, it makes them feminine
Your own problem no be issue

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria, Your Shame Dey Shame Me / Obidient Fake News Busted. / What Is BVAS- Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.