Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

S7 Edge Issues And Solution - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / S7 Edge Issues And Solution (456 Views)

MTN 3G Smart Feature Phone (smart M561M3) Common Issues And Resolution / Tecno Pouvoir 2 Pro Software Problem And Solution / Check Out Possible Reason And Solution To Why Your Phone get hot & Drain Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

S7 Edge Issues And Solution by Peterjnr123: 1:44am On Mar 01, 2023
Good day nairalanders

I bought a fairly used Samsung Galaxy S7 edge early this month and I noticed a lot of issues , I will list em and attach a picture

1. Data is on .. buh no internet, internet speed is not even showing on the status bar
2. Battery drains like water
3. Any little thing it will get extremely hot
4. I can't dial any number except I put the country code.. it keeps on saying select location Japan or overseas
5. I can't dial short usssds like *131# *556# it just won't go and it's pissing me off
6. The phone has a lot of Japanese apps preinstalled and I can't delete em

Pls I need suggestions on what to do

Re: S7 Edge Issues And Solution by Peterjnr123: 1:45am On Mar 01, 2023
Can the battery be changed at least .??
Re: S7 Edge Issues And Solution by nurey(m): 7:25am On Mar 01, 2023
I have a follow come ba3 for the phone but ur location depends on whether we can deal.

The variant you bought is Asian one. You can give a technician to flash it for you and load a NA rom on it.

Though if the booyloader is unlocked, you can root it, install TWRP and then download a stable rom like Lineage OS which will enable you enjoy the phone etc but since you aren't tech savvy go and give a technician
Re: S7 Edge Issues And Solution by Peterjnr123: 7:53am On Mar 01, 2023
nurey:
I have a follow come ba3 for the phone but ur location depends on whether we can deal.

The variant you bought is Asian one. You can give a technician to flash it for you and load a NA rom on it.

Though if the booyloader is unlocked, you can root it, install TWRP and then download a stable rom like Lineage OS which will enable you enjoy the phone etc but since you aren't tech savvy go and give a technician

Alright thanks... I stay in ph
Re: S7 Edge Issues And Solution by Dwightventures(m): 11:45am On Mar 01, 2023
The phone does run hot. Some of your issues are specific to your phone; some can be corrected in the menu system
Re: S7 Edge Issues And Solution by nurey(m): 5:19pm On Mar 01, 2023
Peterjnr123:

Alright thanks... I stay in ph

Your location too far we may not be able to deal for certain reasons.

1. Go to settings and set your APN no APN no internet even if it is enabled.

3. Try and reduce some settings on the phone like screen brightness I think the S7 edge experience some hotness due to metallic body, buy plastic casing to mitigate against it and reduce some background apps that uses much power.

5. Try and save the USSD as contact b4 dialing it will go normal with some continent variant phones

6. Like I said give a technician to install international rom on it to enjoy the phone and fix 4 and 6 issues
Re: S7 Edge Issues And Solution by Norman4real(m): 7:25pm On Mar 01, 2023
So in 2023, you bought a phone made in 2016... 7yrs ago and you call it "fairly used" grin grin grin grin

My guy you bought the trash from the bottom of the barrel. And I'm sorry but the problems are still coming. Soon charging will die or you'll get a green or pink line on the display...etc

I recommend you use as it is. Don't waste more money trying to buy a new battery or paying technician to fix the software. Save that money and just buy a NEW phone.
Re: S7 Edge Issues And Solution by Emmynation(m): 7:29pm On Mar 01, 2023
Let me start by saying that’s an old device though!
But it should be holding up!

The issues with dialing: I think that device was network locked (so it may have been bypassed,common with devices locked to Verizon) or it was meant for the Japanese market!
Heating? Let’s have a look at the battery,it may be bad and outdated software running latest apps is an issue!

(1) (Reply)

/ How To Get Unlimited DATA For Social Apps / Iphone 6splus Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.