Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,015 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria (1607 Views)

Governor Matawalle Told The Terrorists, "Release The Schoolboys!" They Said "OK" / Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check) / What Men Does For Money: See Current Nigerian Governor Who Washes Dead Bodies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by ckc(m): 3:18am On Mar 01, 2023
THEY SAID IGBOS WILL NEVER RULE NIGERIA!

What exactly has APC ever gotten right in Nigeria? Now conducting one of the worst elections in Nigeria has joined their inglorious list. I took a break from writing about politics after Buhari won a 2nd term in 2019. I resisted the urge not to write about this elections, and truly after this i will be done.

I have seen many people clinking their glasses of wine and celebrating that: yes Igbos will NEVER rule Nigeria. What crime Igbos committed that they will "never" rule Nigeria according to such people is what I don't know and don't care to know.I did not feel bad just because I am Igbo but I feel more bad why Nigeria seems so deeply etched in ethnicity, religion and tribalism and yet pretend to be one nation with all the ethnic, tribal, and religious animosity therein.

The new slogan of the oppressors who don't want to see a new Nigeria is seek redress in court. I ask, which court? The one that gave Lawan Gwadabe victory in a primary he did not contest? The one that made Hope Uzodinma governor of Imo State? The one that the ruling government choose which of their judgements to obey? The one that instead of protecting the so-called new electoral law, rapes it in connivance with desperate and evil politicians to force themselves on people?

I have given up on Nigeria and don't want to hear those irritating words such as "your vote is your right", " your vote counts", "protect your vote", bla bla bla....it's all rubbish. If you listened to INEC before elections talking about BVAS and uploading of results you would think it was heaven on earth but see them announcing results here and there like the days of old and stupidly defending themselves.

I will end with these questions:

1.) If Tinubu had gone with a Muslim-Chistrian ticket, wouldn't he have still gotten the massive votes(whether rigged or real) he got mainly in the north? Was it not supposed to be Tinubu they are voting for?

2.) How would have the north reacted and felt if a Christian-Christian ticket was shoved down their throats as this Muslim-Muslim ticket was shoved down ours?

2 ) So Muslims can never vote Christians into power in Nigeria? And it's not vice versa cos I know several times southern Christians have voted northern Muslim candidates in presidential elections.

3. So religion supercedes competence in Nigeria?

As I leave you to ponder or even try to answer the above questions, I say congratulations to those other tribes that are celebrating that IGBOS WILL NEVER RULE NIGERIA, maybe because we are carrying poo on our bum-bums. A bigger congratulations to those nearer south south people who always arrogantly join others to call Igbos the dot nation and join others to hate Igbos for no tangible reason. They always remind us they are not Igbos as if anyone has ever held them at gun-point to be. Ifeanyi Okowa, for instance suddenly realized he was Igbo when beca na e Atiku's running mate. Rotimi Amaechi also stopped being Ikwere and became Igbo when he was running around to become APC presidential candidate. It's all good!

I am totally fed up and tired of Nigeria and why some people in it wish us to remain in the status quo with the evil politicians who are in the majority.

To hell with Nigeria and her elections!

To hell with INEC!

To hell with APC as a party and entity and to those "voting" and fighting for them!

To hell with those that hate Igbos for no reason and myopically thought this election was all about an Igbo becoming president!

Thanks to FCT, Lagos, Nassarawa, Plateau, and all other non-igbo indigenes and states in Nigeria who looked away from tribe and religion and voted for an Igbo man because they knew it was not a tribe issue. We all tried our best, but the fake and evil "majority" are not ready for a New Nigeria. Don't worry, APC will build a different market for them where they will be buying things cheaper than the rest of us! They will also be supplying fuel at 10kobo to all of them.

A great day to all reasonable Nigerians!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by ipobarecriminals: 3:21am On Mar 01, 2023
cool We will campaign /support Soludo in 2027 cool. Do away with Betrayal, anger, nzobu, nzobu politic there

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by madridguy(m): 3:22am On Mar 01, 2023
I will vote for David Umahi in 2031 grin

All the mockeries, abuses and insults on Asiwaju Bola Tinubu have been turnaround to blessings and honour. He is now the President-Elect of Nigeria.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by raumdeuter: 3:23am On Mar 01, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
cool We will campaign /support Soludo in 2027 cool. Do away with Betrayal, anger, nzobu, nzobu politic there

Soludo after Shettima

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by Omoawoke: 3:24am On Mar 01, 2023
Igbos will be president.
But this time, it is Tinubu.
We will vote Igbos massively when the time is due

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by NLegendforte: 3:28am On Mar 01, 2023
May never be a patroit again. This entity is disgusting

1 Like

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by SpatialKing(m): 3:29am On Mar 01, 2023
madridguy:

All the mockeries, abuses and insults on Asiwaju Bola Tinubu have been turnaround to blessings and honour. He is now the President-Elect of Nigeria.
Then you will tag him IPOB warlord... Lol
Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by Roboto11: 3:32am On Mar 01, 2023
SpatialKing:

Then you will tag him IPOB warlord... Lol
Is Soludo Ipob?

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by CASTOSVILLA(m): 3:33am On Mar 01, 2023
I've never seen a country soo demeaning and wicked at the same time. I've never witnessed people celebrate evil just to spite another tribe like I've seen this period. They threw away their faith and belief in God and his justice to what end...... may God have mercy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by Horus(m): 3:38am On Mar 01, 2023
Tribalism obviously has an extremely negative effect on Nigeria. These negative aspects of tribalism are often fueled by
competition and the perception of a common threat. They promote fear, anxiety, and prejudice, all of which make us more
susceptible to fake news, propaganda, and conflict. Tribalism can take many forms in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by Totilopussylick(m): 3:38am On Mar 01, 2023
Your comments is totally out of points tongue
ipobarecriminals:

Why can't an Igbo man be President of federal republic of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by Tunasco4u(m): 3:39am On Mar 01, 2023
Ok
Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by YorubaNiBaba(m): 3:43am On Mar 01, 2023
Soludo is better but obi never

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by ipobarecriminals: 3:47am On Mar 01, 2023
Totilopussylick:
Your comments is totally out of points tongue

Why can't an Igbo man be President of federal republic of Nigeria
ask Soludo angry grin

1 Like

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by bencr7: 3:52am On Mar 01, 2023
Mumu thank God poor economy and leadership ,do not know tribe,vote for bad pple,will all suffer it together.
Did d 8 years of Apc under buhari favor any tribe which is no,even northerner elders say buhari,was a failure to them,even though dey gave him all vote in 2015,I see is igbos that NBS brought a statistics of 133 million Nigerians living in poverty is affected.
They here they do like mumu,let d politician using u pple do politics of tribelism,so that d country will be favouring them.
That why it only d average and poor are good in playing tribelism,but politicians are not!

1 Like

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by ismhab(m): 3:59am On Mar 01, 2023
[quote author=ckc post=121362775]THEY SAID IGBOS WILL NEVER RULE NIGERIA!

What exactly has APC ever gotten right in Nigeria? Now conducting one of the worst elections in Nigeria has joined their inglorious list. I took a break from writing about politics after Buhari won a 2nd term in 2019. I resisted the urge not to write about this elections, and truly after this i will be done.

I have seen many people clinking their glasses of wine and celebrating that: yes Igbos will NEVER rule Nigeria. What crime Igbos committed that they will "never" rule Nigeria according to such people is what I don't know and don't care to know.I did not feel bad just because I am Igbo but I feel more bad why Nigeria seems so deeply etched in ethnicity, religion and tribalism and yet pretend to be one nation with all the ethnic, tribal, and religious animosity therein.

The new slogan of the oppressors who don't want to see a new Nigeria is seek redress in court. I ask, which court? The one that gave Lawan Gwadabe victory in a primary he did not contest? The one that made Hope Uzodinma governor of Imo State? The one that the ruling government choose which of their judgements to obey? The one that instead of protecting the so-called new electoral law, rapes it in connivance with desperate and evil politicians to force themselves on people?

I have given up on Nigeria and don't want to hear those irritating words such as "your vote is your right", " your vote counts", "protect your vote", bla bla bla....it's all rubbish. If you listened to INEC before elections talking about BVAS and uploading of results you would think it was heaven on earth but see them announcing results here and there like the days of old and stupidly defending themselves.

1.) If Tinubu had gone with a Muslim-Chistrian ticket, wouldn't he have still gotten the massive votes(whether rigged or real) he got mainly in the north? Was it not supposed to be Tinubu they are voting for?

2.) How would have the north reacted and felt if a Christian-Christian ticket was shoved down their throats as this Muslim-Muslim ticket was shoved down ours?

2 ) So Muslims can never vote Christians into power in Nigeria? And it's not vice versa cos I know several times southern Christians have voted northern Muslim candidates in presidential elections.

As I leave you to ponder or even try to answer the above questions, I say congratulations to those other tribes that are celebrating that IGBOS WILL NEVER RULE NIGERIA, maybe because we are carrying poo on our bum-bums. A bigger congratulations to those nearer south south people who always arrogantly join others to call Igbos the dot nation and join others to hate Igbos for no tangible reason. They always remind us they are not Igbos as if anyone has ever held them at gun-point to be. Ifeanyi Okowa, for instance suddenly realized he was Igbo when beca na e Atiku's running mate. Rotimi Amaechi also stopped being Ikwere and became Igbo when he was running around to become APC presidential candidate. It's all good!

I am totally fed up and tired of Nigeria and why some people in it wish us to remain in the status quo with the evil politicians who are in the majority.

To hell with INEC!

To hell with APC as a party and entity and to those "voting" and fighting for them!

To hell with those that hate Igbos for no reason and myopically thought this election was all about an Igbo becoming president!

Thanks to FCT, Lagos, Nassarawa, Plateau, and all other non-igbo indigenes and states in Nigeria who looked away from tribe and religion and voted for an Igbo man because they knew it was not a tribe issue. We all tried our best, but the fake and evil "majority" are not ready for a New Nigeria. Don't worry, APC will build a different market for them where they will be buying things cheaper than the rest of us! They will also be supplying fuel at 10k to all of them.

A great day to all reasonable Nigerians![/quote

To hell with those that hate Yorubas and Hausas for no reason.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by SpatialKing(m): 3:59am On Mar 01, 2023
Roboto11:

Is Soludo Ipob?
You should be asking yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by Tissaia(f): 4:25am On Mar 01, 2023
Christians did this to themselves

1 Like

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:27am On Mar 01, 2023
Painment 😂🤣😀🤣😂🤣😀

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by VEHINTOLAR: 4:30am On Mar 01, 2023
ckc:
THEY SAID IGBOS WILL NEVER RULE NIGERIA!

To hell with INEC!

Thanks to FCT, Lagos, Nassarawa, Plateau, and all other non-igbo indigenes and states in Nigeria who looked away from tribe and religion and voted for an Igbo man because they knew it was not a tribe issue. We all tried our best, but the fake and evil "majority" are not ready for a New Nigeria. Don't worry, APC will build a different market for them where they will be buying things cheaper than the rest of us! They will also be supplying fuel at 10k to all of them.

@the bolded part. The same Nigeria or "zoogeria" that you want an Igbo man to rule,right ? This is one of the many problems with you Igbo;you're just too emotional ! It is not in anyway difficult for an Igbo man to rule Nigeria but millions of very toxic Igbo people like you are the problem ! I can give you a million and one reasons why Igbo presidency may never fly in Nigeria but what will it change ? Won't you still insult me,as you guys always love to do,at the end ? Unfortunately,another sixteen years of waiting to rule is loading for Igbo people yet again !

You can't continue to blame others but yourselves for this situation of yours ! It is actually self inflicted if you want to be sincere with yourselves. If Igbo show genuine love to other people,such will be reciprocated. You can't be insulting other Nigerians all over and still expect those you are insulting and calling all manners of highly demeaning names to love you; it doesn't work that way ! Igbo need to learn how to form a genuine alliance that's devoid of hypocrisy. The problem is even that those Igbo politicians who are making genuine efforts to build bridges across,majority of you Igbo don't even like them;you call them all sorts of names- "okoro awusa"," Fulani slave" "Sabo" etc ! Rochas Okoricha,Orji Uzo Kali,Soludo,etc are all fine politicians of Igbo extractions, do you guys like them ?

Nobody hates Igbo, you guys only need to check yourselves and be truthful to own up to your shortcomings;we all have our shortcomings though !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by Lanretoye(m): 4:32am On Mar 01, 2023
If una like make una start tribal or religious war,it's the game you don't know how to play and will always lose...only if anyone could tell us the reason for the fallout between obi and obiano,the most tribalistic people in nigeria now decrying tribalism. Welcome on board another 16years ride is you people will ever smell presidency.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by Exclusive101: 5:54am On Mar 01, 2023
The problem with your likes n many other igbos is that what you preach in your land is not what you demand at the federal.

No matter how you look at it this election is a win igbos do not deserve. You have seen you got support, true support not bought by money from Lagos Nassarawa Plateau Benue Edo etc

Now instead of lamenting n complaining the effort you use in writing this should be dedicated to enlighten other igbos that if you are just a little more friendly with good character more Nigerians might buy into your project.

Must Peter Obi contest foe the first time n win election ? He had no structure before with all Labour winnings now, those areas have 4 years to keep propagating the good n clean record of Peter Obi to gain more followers so he stands beta chance at a next contest. This is me a Tinubu supporters who even believe Obi clean records is a ruse.

You igbos shouldn't start castigating anyone discourage Kanu Ekpa from going that root. Obi should be the one leading you, even if he doesn't want to take up such responsibility impose it on him n force him to take it. Form alliance with decent people of character across ethnic lines. This election shows Nigerians don't hate you like you claim but you also need to work hard to convince more Nigeria to love you.

Obi should also tone down religion, do more biz with Yoruba Hausa Fulani even if it won't earn him profit. As a politician they are sacrifice he needs to make against the next election cycle.

ckc:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by Bridget95(f): 6:04am On Mar 01, 2023
madridguy:

can Tinubu withstand the demand and pressure of being president with his frail health?
Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by CockAndBullStor: 6:13am On Mar 01, 2023
I will campaign and support Prof. Soludo in 2031 if he decides to contest. If Ibo had presented somebody like him, maybe things would have been different. How can you force a chronic liar, fucking ethnic bigot, terrorism financier, a failure with no iota of experience on Nigerians? Like seriously?

He was asked a simple question about the economy, he was saying rubbish. Shame

Hahahaha...Yoruba l'agba😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by Jokerman(m): 6:18am On Mar 01, 2023
Igbos will rule Nigeria one day. There's no way that won't happen.

Only a fool with utter such word as "Igbos will never rule Nigeria"
Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by LordAdam16: 7:03am On Mar 01, 2023
Exclusive101:
The problem with your likes n many other igbos is that what you preach in your land is not what you demand at the federal.

No matter how you look at it this election is a win igbos do not deserve. You have seen you got support, true support not bought by money from Lagos Nassarawa Plateau Benue Edo etc

Now instead of lamenting n complaining the effort you use in writing this should be dedicated to enlighten other igbos that if you are just a little more friendly with good character more Nigerians might buy into your project.

Must Peter Obi contest foe the first time n win election ? He had no structure before with all Labour winnings now, those areas have 4 years to keep propagating the good n clean record of Peter Obi to gain more followers so he stands beta chance at a next contest. This is me a Tinubu supporters who even believe Obi clean records is a ruse.

You igbos shouldn't start castigating anyone discourage Kanu Ekpa from going that root. Obi should be the one leading you, even if he doesn't want to take up such responsibility impose it on him n force him to take it. Form alliance with decent people of character across ethnic lines. This election shows Nigerians don't hate you like you claim but you also need to work hard to convince more Nigeria to love you.

Obi should also tone down religion, do more biz with Yoruba Hausa Fulani even if it won't earn him profit. As a politician they are sacrifice he needs to make against the next election cycle.

The Igbos are a very emotional, sentimental, and infantile people.

All of that advice you carefully and pedantically typed will go in one ear and out the other.

They don't want to put in the work. They always want to emerge every 4 years with a new emotive nzogbu dance as Soludo brilliantly opined.

Obi accepted VP ticket in 2019. If he had stayed the VP in 2023, would he die? Tinubu left office in 2007. He waited for more than 15 years before contesting for President. Buhari contested every year since 1999. Very arrogant children.

Do they know how many years it takes to form dependable political relationships?

Nobody wants you, but whenever you are invited to the party, you send ingrates. Anyim, Chimaroke, Kalu, Ngige, Ekwerumadu. Now Obi has followed their footsteps. GEJ was carrying Obi everywhere in 2014. In 2019, he convinced the Waziri to put him on the ticket. E reach 2023, he feel say he don outgrow him masters. Ungrateful c*nt. The Atiku that favored you over veterans is now a thief that does not want Igbos to prosper.

Mk e carry him 3rd position. This is how Azikiwe wanted to become Premier of Western Region. Ojukwu took the country to war, then in his latter years was looking for who to make him President. Zero tact. No introspection. Just blunt firing in all directions.

When the Northern Christians stop giving Obi votes in future elections, because he has no foresight, you will see the bile that'll be excreted from SE. Just you watch. All these people that voted Obi must continually vote Obi even if he has no chance of winning or they're saboteurs, betrayals, haters, enemies.

The worst political partners to have. You will think you are building something in the long-term, one switch go knock for their head, they'd destroy everything. And start claiming how they right or victims.

-Lord

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by techWriter3: 7:10am On Mar 01, 2023
Soludo bomb better but sash never
Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by fx45(m): 7:22am On Mar 01, 2023
madridguy:

No you will never vote for any Dave Umahi in 2031. You will happily support a Northern candidate. It's only idiots in Igboland that pays attention to you guys
Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by Amarabae(f): 7:24am On Mar 01, 2023
This kind of thread is not necessary please.

1 Like

Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by ckc(m): 9:10am On Mar 01, 2023
[quote author=ismhab post=121363007][/quote] As usual you will not read and assimilate before commenting. Who hates Yoruba and Hausa? Are they hated and presidency is rotated between the two? Even when Obasanjo contested to be president in 1999, we had only 2 Yoruba choices: Obasanjo and Olu False. I know you were a kid then. What would happen if 2 south easterners were presented in 2023 for Nigerians to choose from just as the case of Obasanjo and Falae?
Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by ckc(m): 9:11am On Mar 01, 2023
Tissaia:
Christians did this to themselves

May I ask How
Re: They Said Over Their Dead Bodies For An Igbo Man To Be President Of Nigeria by ckc(m): 9:13am On Mar 01, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:
Painment 😂🤣😀🤣😂🤣😀
Childish fellows everywhere on NL. You could have simply shut up. It's not a must you comment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos state APC situation room For governorship election / Animals Now Doing Human Jobs(pics) / Calif. Couple Calls For Orgasm For Peace!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.