Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Tinubu: The Man, The Enigma, The Giant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: The Man, The Enigma, The Giant (304 Views)

Tinubu: The Blood That Runs In My Veins Is Same That Runs In Every Nigerian / FFK: Pull Down The Statue Of Tinubu, The Slave Owner / We Don’t Know Who Constructed The Giant Broom - APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: The Man, The Enigma, The Giant by GreyLaw(m): 7:59am On Mar 01, 2023
I wanted Peter Obi to win this election and I think he gave good account of himself. Yes, I also believe the election was heavily rigged. However, that's not the point of this piece.

I have taken time to analyse the man Tinubu and I am actually awed. I don't like him, yes, but I am awed by his prowess and stoicism all through this election period. The man had Nigerians as enemies in the millions, he had some politicians as enemies too, but he soldiered on. He was not a governor, neither was he serving as a minister yet he went toe to toe with the powers that be. Twice he fought like a lion - primaries and main elections - and came out victorious. In short, two major things I gleaned from this whole electoral process is stoicism in the face of stiff opposition, and the importance of wealth. Money indeed answers all things, as the famous scripture says.

People say Shettima would take over and subjugate him, but to that I say, dem no born Shettima well, as is said in Nigerian parlance. Tinubu who till today holds a vice-like grip on Lagos over 20 years since he was governor cannot be dragged around by anybody, not even Shettima. I personally do not like Tinubu, because he is a man who must have his way by any means necessary, even if it is morally wrong. However, I have learned a lot from his never-say-die attitude.

THe man is an enigma; a force to reckon with; a giant.

I still refuse to congratulate him, but have learned many things from him this period.

Cc: lalasticlala, seun

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: The Man, The Enigma, The Giant by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 01, 2023
Please congratulate him because that’s the right thing to do. It’s time for all to forge ahead and pray for the incoming government. It’s a win for all Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: The Man, The Enigma, The Giant by LegendHero(m): 8:08am On Mar 01, 2023
GreyLaw:
I wanted Peter Obi to win this election and I think he gave good account of himself. Yes, I also believe the election was heavily rigged. However, that's not the point of this piece.

I have taken time to analyse the man Tinubu and I am actually awed. I don't like him, yes, but I am awed by his prowess and stoicism all through this election period. The man had Nigerians as enemies in the millions, he had some politicians as enemies too, but he soldiered on. He was not a governor, neither was he serving as a minister yet he went toe to toe with the powers that be. Twice he fought like a lion - primaries and main elections - and came out victorious. In short, two major things I gleaned from this whole electoral process is stoicism in the face of stiff opposition, and the importance of wealth. Money indeed answers all things, as the famous scripture says.

People say Shettima would take over and subjugate him, but to that I say, dem no born Shettima well, as is said in Nigerian parlance. Tinubu who till today holds a vice-like grip on Lagos over 20 years since he was governor cannot be dragged around by anybody, not even Shettima. I personally do not like Tinubu, because he is a man who must have his way by any means necessary, even if it is morally wrong. However, I have learned a lot from his never-say-die attitude.

He man is an enigma; a force to reckon with; a giant.

I still refuse to congratulate him, but have learned many things from him this period.

100% correct.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: The Man, The Enigma, The Giant by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 01, 2023
Tinubu "won" But Nigeria Mourns

Nigerians especially the indigenous people had opted for a New Nigeria for a number of reasons but most people are shortsighted. I can tell you that Tinubu "won" but Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw, Hausa, Efik, Igala, Southern Kaduna, Benue, Plateau etc lost big. No one won except Tinubu.
Tinubu can't fight the evil he is a part of. The cry, the condolences, the burials unfortunately will continue because nothing actually has changed. We have got into a more dangerous situation. Tinubu by the virtue of his desperate lifestyle, party affiliation, mental strength, religious affiliation lacks the will to stand and even look at the faces of the monsters destroying and killing Nigerians. It's a matter of time those who think they've won will realize we have all actually lost. Tinubu's government is a spaceship heading to an unknown destination, pray it doesn't end in Afghanistan.
Re: Tinubu: The Man, The Enigma, The Giant by Brendaniel: 8:14am On Mar 01, 2023
GreyLaw:

He man is an enigma; a force to reckon with; a giant.

Sometimes I wonder how some of you think in Nigeria, there is nothing to praise about Tinubu, if you cannot praise hushpuppy or Evans the kidnapper, then you should not praise Tinubu.

No matter how successful a 419 or thief is, he should never be given an award for the best businessman.

This mentality is what has kept Nigeria where it is today, we don't care how someone gets something, as long as he got it, then he is the best.

It is very wrong....

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: The Man, The Enigma, The Giant by GreyLaw(m): 12:29pm On Mar 01, 2023
Brendaniel:

Sometimes I wonder how some of you think in Nigeria, there is nothing to praise about Tinubu, if you cannot praise hushpuppy or Evans the kidnapper, then you should not praise Tinubu.

No matter how successful a 419 or thief is, he should never be given an award for the best businessman.

This mentality is what has kept Nigeria where it is today, we don't care how someone gets something, as long as he got it, then he is the best.

It is very wrong....

First and foremost, the law currently backs Tinubu as president elect. And no matter what you say, you'll appear crazy if you suggest otherwise. If things remain as they stand, his signature will become the most powerful signature in Nigeria, and his words will be backed by the powers of the state. So except this is overturned, fighting him is futile. It's like saying Chelsea won with negative football under Mourinho, but truth us in 100 years the facts will be that Chelsea won.

Please read again the two things I said I learned from him. You can learn from even the devil whom the Bible says, Satan "goes about" (hard work) and that he "left Jesus for a while" after tempting him, meaning he would return for another round of temptation (persistence).

Everything about a man cannot be entirely bad. You learn lessons and move on. I have learned mine and have determined to work harder at my goals. By God's grace I am a righteous man, but that alone doesn't do anything for you without tenacity and persistence.

I know we feel sad our candidate lost, but I move on when I cannot change a situation. Get the best from it and move on.
Re: Tinubu: The Man, The Enigma, The Giant by cocoduck: 12:32pm On Mar 01, 2023
And the theif.
Re: Tinubu: The Man, The Enigma, The Giant by Brendaniel: 12:45pm On Mar 01, 2023
GreyLaw:

First and foremost, the law currently backs Tinubu as president elect. And no matter what you say, you'll appear crazy if you suggest otherwise. If things remain as they stand, his signature will become the most powerful signature in Nigeria, and his words will be backed by the powers of the state. So except this is overturned, fighting him is futile. It's like saying Chelsea won with negative football under Mourinho, but truth us in 100 years the facts will be that Chelsea won.

Please read again the two things I said I learned from him. You can learn from even the devil whom the Bible says, Satan "goes about" (hard work) and that he "left Jesus for a while" after tempting him, meaning he would return for another round of temptation (persistence).

Everything about a man cannot be entirely bad. You learn lessons and move on. I have learned mine and have determined to work harder at my goals. By God's grace I am a righteous man, but that alone doesn't do anything for you without tenacity and persistence.

I know we feel sad our candidate lost, but I move on when I cannot change a situation. Get the best from it and move on.

Just because Tinubu won doesnt make him the best and so if he is not the best and he won because he cheated then how can you praise a cheat for winning, yes I might not be able to fight but I can have a stand and stand by it that Tinubu's win is illegitimate and if I am to write history from my view or tell the younger generation, my stand will not change and that is what I expect every right thinking Nigerian to do.

When Jonathan won in 2011 I picked somethings, when Buhari won too in 2015 I did the same but somehow I have looked for something to learn from Tinubu but all I can see is a totality of evil that is disgusting or can you please tell me a good thing you can pick to tell your child to emulate from Tinubu that you know you will be proud of your child doing the same thing to win like Tinubu won this election....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Inec's Plan For Saturday / APC, LP Disagree Over Attack On Obi / Asari Dokunbo - Why I Supported Asiwaju Tinubu's Presidential Ambition?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.