Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,447 members, 7,836,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

What Are The Legal Chances Of Recovering A Stolen Electoral Mandate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Legal Chances Of Recovering A Stolen Electoral Mandate? (358 Views)

Channels TV: Binani Is The Stealer Of Adamawa Electoral Mandate -gov Fintiri / 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. / DSS Launches Manhunt For Sunday Igboho After Recovering Arms From Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Legal Chances Of Recovering A Stolen Electoral Mandate? by IrepChrist: 1:54pm On Mar 01, 2023
Lawyers we need your learned opinion....... I so much believe Peter Obi is the best fit. Can this result still be contested? What are the chances?
Re: What Are The Legal Chances Of Recovering A Stolen Electoral Mandate? by kellyjc(m): 2:00pm On Mar 01, 2023
Not a lawyer but close to some.
If there was no chance of winning a case like this, there would not have been a career in law.
No matter how bad or rotten the system is, good cases with clear evidence are won by good lawyers. It can only take time. The major problem was that we have a president who does not obey court orders and gets away with it due to the rotten system but he's stepping down soon. Remember that kanu won the government in court. The newly elected president does not have the power to influence what happens in a case against him to some extent in this view.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Legal Chances Of Recovering A Stolen Electoral Mandate? by Simeonjoe1: 2:06pm On Mar 01, 2023
If there's clear indication of rigging. And the rigged votes clearly shows you win the election.
To do that you'll need to painstakingly carry out forensics on each ballot papers.
Eg INEC has 177000+ PU and each PU has more than hundreds of ballot papers hence about tens of millions paper to count meticulously to really ascertain that you have the most vote or some results were altered.
Afterward president it to court! I believe with appropriate evidence justice should prevail.

Note Tinubu once won this way against Obj when he fraudulently take the 6 states away from ACN, but after some painstaking investigation spearheaded by prof Yemi Osinbajo and some foreign experts they reclaimed their mandate.

Labour can give it a try, hire real experts.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Legal Chances Of Recovering A Stolen Electoral Mandate? by Shattuck(m): 2:07pm On Mar 01, 2023
I believe peter obi's team have a strong case I saw a video on the internet where a pdp member said that in their situation room in Lagos lp was leading with almost one million vote while apc was a little above 100thousand votes same with the pdp. This was from a pdp chieftain broadcasted by ait.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Legal Chances Of Recovering A Stolen Electoral Mandate? by lwisee: 2:10pm On Mar 01, 2023
IrepChrist:
Lawyers we need your learned opinion....... I so much believe Peter Obi is the best fit. Can this result still be contested? What are the chances?

Barister Lasisi Elenu Otilo can help us
Re: What Are The Legal Chances Of Recovering A Stolen Electoral Mandate? by psucc(m): 2:12pm On Mar 01, 2023
There are enormous chances but it won't work out here in Nigeria.
Reason: The SC will have to jesttison whatever merit in the case to avoid further damage on Nigeria's unity. They will simply uphold whatever mess INEC has churned out
Re: What Are The Legal Chances Of Recovering A Stolen Electoral Mandate? by kellyjc(m): 2:18pm On Mar 01, 2023
psucc:
There are enormous chances but it won't work out here in Nigeria.
Reason: The SC will have to jesttison whatever merit in the case to avoid further damage on Nigeria's unity. They will simply uphold whatever mess INEC has churned out
Remember that kanu won the government in this country. Buhari is stepping down soon.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Legal Chances Of Recovering A Stolen Electoral Mandate? by ScamHunter: 2:25pm On Mar 01, 2023
Let me answer your question this way. OBI hoping to recover his mandate from the court is like shooting an arrow at the moon. Nigerian courts are just like the civil service and more corrupt than INEC. I assure you this. In fact, the Supreme Court of Nigeria is just like a parastatal under the presidency. If Tinubu could rig in 30 states, settling 7 justices of the Supreme Court is a piece of cake. U fortunately, those judges are mostly old men in their twilight years who don't care about a future they probably are not sure of enjoying if Nigeria starts working. Remember that Obi doesn't give bribes, so they have no incentives to even do the right thing when Tinubu can stuff their offshore accounts with hard dough.
Re: What Are The Legal Chances Of Recovering A Stolen Electoral Mandate? by Johnken1234: 2:43pm On Mar 01, 2023
They will keep adjourning the case, before you know it, Tinubu would have ruled for four years. Is it not Nigeria judiciary again?
Re: What Are The Legal Chances Of Recovering A Stolen Electoral Mandate? by IrepChrist: 3:03pm On Mar 01, 2023
ScamHunter:
Let me answer your question this way. OBI hoping to recover his mandate from the court is like shooting an arrow at the moon. Nigerian courts are just like the civil service and more corrupt than INEC. I assure you this. In fact, the Supreme Court of Nigeria is just like a parastatal under the presidency. If Tinubu could rig in 30 states, settling 7 justices of the Supreme Court is a piece of cake. U fortunately, those judges are mostly old men in their twilight years who don't care about a future they probably are not sure of enjoying if Nigeria starts working. Remember that Obi doesn't give bribes, so they have no incentives to even do the right thing when Tinubu can stuff their offshore accounts with hard dough.

Nothing is impossible when God is involved....

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Is Tribalistic. They Keep On Deleting This Obvious Truth / Tinubu - Nigeria Will Soon See A Young Person Standing Before You / Obidients, Please Read Carefully And Act Accordingly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.