Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,900 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

2023: APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, Irev - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, Irev (812 Views)

'You Have Done Well': Political Parties Commend Yakubu, INEC On BVAS, Irev / "We Are Not Yet Ripe For It": APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, IReV / Osun Election: PDP’s Adeleke Wins, APC Kicks - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, Irev by Deltafirstson(m): 11:55am On Mar 02, 2023
The ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, has kicked against the decision of the Independent National Electoral Commission INEC to deploy the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System BVAS and the INEC Results Viewing Portal IReV, saying Nigeria is not ripe for the use of such technology.

This was as the electoral umpire insisted there is no going back on the deployment of the technology.
There had been allegations that the ruling party was sponsoring moves to oust the INEC Chairman because of his insistence to deploy greater technology to enhance the electoral process.
APC National Chairman, Senator Abdullahi Adamu stated this on Wednesday evening when he received a delegation from the Commonwealth Election Observation Mission.
He said; “First, I was privileged to serve as a senator. Our concern is how ready are we to deploy some of these technologies as regards transmission because we are taking a major step in transmitting election results in real time.
“To transmit results, every part of the nation Nigeria I’m not sure that the network covers it, I know that even in  parts of Abuja there is no network and we have from now till February when in substantial parts of the country there is no electricity.
“INEC must assure us 100 percent that as at when due in transmitting results they are ready because they spoke about recharging batteries but we had in previous elections when it says it can’t recharge”.
National Organizing Secretary of the party, Ambassador Suleiman Argungu also kicked against the technology.
He said; “As a rider to what the national chairman just said about INEC transmitting results directly during the coming election, apart from the issue of electricity that is unstable, a lot of the villages and communities bordering other countries for instance my state Kebbi that is bordering two nations during the previous elections the network of Nigeria for all the networks, Glo, MTN, Airtel you can’t get them. If you want to get them you have to use the number of the other countries to reach them.
“So, during election I don’t see how transmission of result will work. I see it coming”. The electoral act, 2022, the new technologies which were introduced and I believe was tested in the Osun and Ekiti elections. We want to get your views about the new reforms in the build up to the next general elections because we are aware it will be rolled out for the election in February. Number two, what is your own preparation as a party .
“The primaries have already taken place and specifically in the Commonwealth we talk about political leadership being inclusive of women, youths and people with disabilities in the build up to the election”, said Maleleka.
Earlier, INEC Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu had stated at a meeting with the Civil Society Situation Room and the Commonwealth delegation that there was no going back on the use of the technology.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/2023-apc-kicks-against-deployment-of-bvas-irev-2/
Re: 2023: APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, Irev by Deltafirstson(m): 11:55am On Mar 02, 2023
This was Nov. 2022. Nigerians thought they were joking.
There were no election on Feb 25th 2023 simple.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, Irev by shuttox: 12:01pm On Mar 02, 2023
They rigged the election

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, Irev by Dreal1247: 12:03pm On Mar 02, 2023
As long as we are concerned, the true election is yet to take place. Fashola said that they should vote out PDP and that when APC fails, they should be voted out also. To the best of my knowledge, APC has been voted out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, Irev by dat9jaguy(m): 12:04pm On Mar 02, 2023
Were these not valid objections raised?
The network signals here are unreliable, coverage of internet is not nationwide, electricity is unstable. These were valid objections that were raised by forward thinking people.

Re: 2023: APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, Irev by ogologoamu: 12:05pm On Mar 02, 2023
Before this time, they criminally transferred INEC ITC DG to Enugwu and replaced him with a former commissioner from Lagos State.

APC rigged the election before February 25.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, Irev by madridguy(m): 12:06pm On Mar 02, 2023
I still don't understand why the much crying over the free and fair election.

1 Like

Re: 2023: APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, Irev by madridguy(m): 12:07pm On Mar 02, 2023
Rigged the election as how?

ogologoamu:
Before this time, they criminally transferred INEC ITC DG to Enugwu and replaced him with a former commissioner from Lagos State.

APC rigged the election before February 25.
Re: 2023: APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, Irev by ambale(m): 12:09pm On Mar 02, 2023
dat9jaguy:
Were these not valid objections raised?
The network signals here are unreliable, coverage of internet is not nationwide, electricity is unstable. These were valid objections that were raised by forward thinking people.

So eight years was not enough to expand the country internet reach and FYI no area in Nigeria that has no internet connectivity, It might be slow but completely out that's a lie from the pit of hell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, Irev by Cherish233: 12:09pm On Mar 02, 2023
It is yet to begin (disaster) if proper decisions are not taken now before it's too late.

Mark my words.🤫
Re: 2023: APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, Irev by Racoon(m): 12:10pm On Mar 02, 2023
Sane people raised this objection when Tinubu and the APC said they donf trust INEC BVAS usage in this election. Now it has manifested.
Re: 2023: APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, Irev by jlinkd78(m): 12:16pm On Mar 02, 2023
Let's keep gathering our facts
Re: 2023: APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, Irev by dat9jaguy(m): 12:49pm On Mar 02, 2023
ambale:

So eight years was not enough to expand the country internet reach and FYI no area in Nigeria that has no internet connectivity, It might be slow but completely out that's a lie from the pit of hell

Those border communities depend on your network right? You just admitted that in some areas it might be slow even urban areas in Nigeria we have network issues every day with calls, internet, banking services, so that is why a manual transmission process is recognized by the law.
FYI, Nigeria does not have full internet coverage.

Re: 2023: APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, Irev by ambale(m): 1:28pm On Mar 02, 2023
dat9jaguy:

Those border communities depend on your network right? You just admitted that in some areas it might be slow even urban areas in Nigeria we have network issues every day with calls, internet, banking services, so that is why a manual transmission process is recognized by the law.
FYI, Nigeria does not have full internet coverage.

What's the percentage of areas not on the network in Nigeria or you just want talk trash as always

As far as I know atleast 80-90% of the total landmass of the country has a form of network or the other

For stuffs like this, it can be configured to even use minimal network signal to send its report,, so what are you saying?

It is BS to say in 2023 the reason we can't run a credible election is because of network constraints

Please dont abuse my sensibilities here
Re: 2023: APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, Irev by dat9jaguy(m): 3:10pm On Mar 02, 2023
ambale:

What's the percentage of areas not on the network in Nigeria or you just want talk trash as always

As far as I know atleast 80-90% of the total landmass of the country has a form of network or the other

For stuffs like this, it can be configured to even use minimal network signal to send its report,, so what are you saying?

It is BS to say in 2023 the reason we can't run a credible election is because of network constraints

Please dont abuse my sensibilities here

You are the one abusing your sensibilities by not thinking rationally.
In event of network failure manual was used which is allowed by the law. So think and stop dulling yourself because of one fraud of a politician.

As you and I can do nothing about it, let the fraud take it to the court as he has said he would.

Re: 2023: APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, Irev by ambale(m): 5:49pm On Mar 05, 2023
dat9jaguy:

You are the one abusing your sensibilities by not thinking rationally.
In event of network failure manual was used which is allowed by the law. So think and stop dulling yourself because of one fraud of a politician.

As you and I can do nothing about it, let the fraud take it to the court as he has said he would.

So because Inec said it's network then we should believe it's network abi?

You are the one dulling yourself cos you fail to understand how things work on the internet space

Ordinary transmission of results your electoral body cannot do properly and you are happy

You are daft really
Re: 2023: APC Kicks Against Deployment Of BVAS, Irev by dat9jaguy(m): 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2023
ambale:

So because Inec said it's network then we should believe it's network abi?

You are the one dulling yourself cos you fail to understand how things work on the internet space

Ordinary transmission of results your electoral body cannot do properly and you are happy

You are daft really

Mr 'online brilliant man' go and tell the SC judges that. I should believe you, who for all I know, may have been playing street football that day.
Guy rest your Obi don gather 20 SAN, make we see how the thing go play out.

(1) (Reply)

Financial Times: Our Correspondents Witnessed Live Election Rigging In Lagos / President Buhari Commiserates With Victims Of Lagos Auto Spare Parts Market / P. D. P Finally Wins Zamfara Following Live On Channels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.