Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

FCT Case Just Got Solved - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FCT Case Just Got Solved (1078 Views)

25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million / I Just Got Registered My Pvc On-line. Get Yours Today / Did Bola Tinubu Age Controversy Just Got Solved? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FCT Case Just Got Solved by Okporiaku: 1:14pm On Mar 02, 2023
Welcome to Nigeria where everything is been manipulated. Am sure the court it self is not using our traditional language to interpret laws. The constitution says 2/3 in 24 states AND the FCT. In English dictionary AND is a conjunction word which am sure this should go side to side Only one out of the 2 provision was met.

APC did this same thing when Buhari Candidacy was challenged in court sometimes in 2015, the yeye justices came up with technicality and different law terms. One thing i know for sure is that IF obi is destined to rule Nigeria a disruption will surface and the said APC will be the ones to use their hands in Burying themselves.

Before you make a comment know that
A and B is not the same as A + B
Thank you

5 Likes

Re: FCT Case Just Got Solved by Karlifate: 1:15pm On Mar 02, 2023
Okporiaku:
Welcome to Nigeria where everything is been manipulated. Am sure the court it self is not using our traditional language to interpret laws. The constitution says 2/3 in 24 states AND the FCT. In English dictionary AND is a conjunction word which am sure this should go side to side Only one out of the 2 provision was met.

APC did this same thing when Buhari Candidacy was challenged in court sometimes in 2015, the yeye justices came up with technicality and different law terms. One thing i know for sure is that IF obi is destined to rule Nigeria a disruption will surface and the said APC will be the ones to use their hands in Burying themselves.

Before you make a comment know that
A and B is not the same as A + B
Thank you

Yes, I agree with you.

1 Like

Re: FCT Case Just Got Solved by Okporiaku: 1:19pm On Mar 02, 2023
Karlifate:

Yes, I agree with you.
Thank you for your sensible reasoning
Re: FCT Case Just Got Solved by Karlifate: 1:24pm On Mar 02, 2023
Okporiaku:

Thank you for your sensible reasoning

I learnt a lot in this past election.

All the candidates are greedy.

If the oppositions have the goodwill of Nigeria at heart, some of the sensible ones should have formed a coalition to unseat the APC government.

Alas! All of them wants to form boss, due to their selfish interests (which is the ONLY motivating factor in the Nigerian polity.)

I've got no high expectations from any politician, including the one people are parading as saint.

1 Like

Re: FCT Case Just Got Solved by tuader(m): 1:46pm On Mar 02, 2023
You are right bro
Re: FCT Case Just Got Solved by Okporiaku: 4:24pm On Mar 02, 2023
Karlifate:

I learnt a lot in this past election.

All the candidates are greedy.

If the oppositions have the goodwill of Nigeria at heart, some of the sensible ones should have formed a coalition to unseat the APC government.

Alas! All of them wants to form boss, due to their selfish interests (which is the ONLY motivating factor in the Nigerian polity.)

I've got no high expectations from any politician, including the one people are parading as saint.
Exactly
Sometimes i wonder how Americans leaders think
Our leaders are just too greedy
Re: FCT Case Just Got Solved by Starcrest1: 4:54pm On Mar 02, 2023
You know it's lack of understanding of English language that is the problem of some Nigerians.

1. If you say someone is required to give something to Mister A and Mr B, it means that you should give the same thing you gave Mr A to Mr B. So the 25% Applies to the FCT.

2. If you try to look at it the other way that the phrase "24 states and the FCT" is just a way of referring to the federation (which is just another way of saying 25% in 24 states of the federation) then you are wrong because we actually have 36 states and the FCT and that is the right way of referring to Nigeria not 24 states and the FCT.

3. If the people that put that clause there didn't mean that FCT should be included, then they should have Simply said 25% in 24 States of the federation. Then it'll be clear that Abuja is not included and everyone will rest.

4. Lastly If the Law had stated that the winner must have 25% in 24 states of the 36 states and the FCT, then it's quite clear that Abuja is not included.

Peace.✌✌
Re: FCT Case Just Got Solved by Okporiaku: 7:18pm On Mar 02, 2023
Starcrest1:
You know it's lack of understanding of English language that is the problem of some Nigerians.

1. If you say someone is required to give something to Mister A and Mr B, it means that you should give the same thing you gave Mr A to Mr B. So the 25% Applies to the FCT.

2. If you try to look at it the other way that the phrase "24 states and the FCT" is a just way of referring to the federation (which is just another way of saying 25% in 24 states if the federation) then you are wrong because we actually have 36 states and the FCT and that is the right way of referring to Nigeria not 24 states and the FCT.

3. If the people that put that clause there didn't mean that FCT should be included, then they should have Simply said 25% in 24 States of the federation. Then it'll be clear that Abuja is not included and everyone will rest.

4. Lastly If the Law had stated that the winner must have 25% in 24 states of the 36 states and the FCT, then it's quite clear that Abuja is not included.

Peace.✌✌

Well said
💯

(1) (Reply)

DONALD Trump's Speech On "Rise Up Africans" / Ohanaeze Refutes Calling Yoruba Political Rascals / Where Is The Train In Lagos???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.