Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Verba Abuse - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Verba Abuse (462 Views)

House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven / Drug Abuse: When Last Did You Check Your Children’s Bags? – NAFDAC / Lagos Launches 6820, Short Service Code To Report Domestic Violence, Child Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Verba Abuse by Peacegate24: 2:40pm On Mar 02, 2023
My story goes like this. I will be truthful with everything I will say. My marriage is 12 years with 3 children. I left my home last year. My husband is very abusive I mean verbal abuse. I uses everything to insult me. I work but I have never given my parents anything since I got married. He holds my ATM card, and withdrawal money at will.
When ever my salary does not come on time, he insult the living day light out of me. I don't eat in his presence because of insult. Before I left he always tells me to go that he is tried of me he tells me this everyday, he body shame me and all that. He never believe I could leave. when left, he kept calling to insult me, he always insult my family especially my mother. The abuse has made me lose my self worth and confidence. I have no clothes to wear and I work, I have just one shoes. Why am here is to seek for advice, I don't want to go back to him. I can take care of my children he has never paid there school fees but my problem is my mother she wants me to go back because of what people are saying. Please I need advice.
Re: Verba Abuse by Ginaz(f): 3:59pm On Mar 02, 2023
I'm not going to tell you what to do. advising a married couple sometimes lead to nothing as they always do the opposite of what you say.

The choice is yours, To live as a slave or a human being with respect . your mother won't bring you back to life, opinions of people won't feed your children when you die.

You have to stand true to yourself and reflect the kind of life you want to live while you are alive .

If you want to be a slave in your husband's house and die with no dignity then it's fine.

If you have chosen to stand bold to update your life and uproot it from the hands of a wicked man who calls himself a husband then fine!

make your choice!

2 Likes

Re: Verba Abuse by Nazgul: 4:33pm On Mar 02, 2023
You and your kids have been surviving without him since last year, why have second thoughts now?

You did the right thing by leaving his house, work hard, see a pastor or therapist to help you with your mental health, grow your confidence, if he wants to come back, let him meet you in an intimidating manner. That way he'll give you the respect you rightfully deserve.

2 Likes

Re: Verba Abuse by Karleb(m): 5:08pm On Mar 02, 2023
Bleep what people will say! angry angry angry

You are an adult, take charge of your life!

But why do women date or marry these kinds of men? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Verba Abuse by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On Mar 02, 2023
Peacegate24:
Why am here is to seek for advice, I don't want to go back to him. I can take care of my children he has never paid there school fees but my problem is my mother she wants me to go back because of what people are saying. Please I need advice.
Why would your mother want you to go back to an abusive home? Also, why would she want for her grandkids to be raised in such an environment? undecided

After what you described of your 12-year marriage, why would you even consider entertaining any second thoughts concerning your leaving that for good? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Verba Abuse by Klass99(f): 7:50pm On Mar 02, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Verba Abuse by Nazgul: 8:05pm On Mar 02, 2023
Klass99:

How exactly do you plan on taking care of three kids, when you have no clothes to wear but you work and you have only one pair of shoes? Can you see how contradictory and impracticable this sounds?

You really mean to say in 12 years of marriage your husband never paid school fees for even one child or the first born child? Then why proceed to have two more kids with him after seeing his irresponsibility towards the first child?
Her story doesn't just add up....on one hand she said she doesn't have clothes to put on...

Below she she can take care of her kids...that her mom wants her to go back because of what people would say.

So which should we believe?
👇
Peacegate24:

Why am here is to seek for advice, I don't want to go back to him. I can take care of my children he has never paid there school fees but my problem is my mother she wants me to go back because of what people are saying. Please I need advice.
Re: Verba Abuse by Klass99(f): 8:17pm On Mar 02, 2023
Re: Verba Abuse by Nazgul: 8:27pm On Mar 02, 2023
Klass99:

I mean no offence but the story rings false to my ears and it feels like one of those stories people tell here, to garner sympathy in the hopes that some good samaritans will ask for their bank account details.

It doesn't help that the NL account was created today, the badly written English also feels like a deliberate attempt to create a false impression of the OP, as someone who doesn't have quality education or is not well put together because of their educational background and suffering.

It could be a male behind the moniker because most scammers know that posing as a female and throwing kids into the mix of their sob story, generates more traffic and plays on people's emotions, moving them to part with their money.
@bolded
I believe that's the motive...I don't know when these guys would learn. Nobody would be foolish enough to send money to a faceless stranger he met on Nairaland.

Anyways how are you doing, how's work...it's been a while I saw you post.
Re: Verba Abuse by Lastpharoah33: 8:40pm On Mar 02, 2023
Karleb:
Bleep what people will say! angry angry angry

You are an adult, take charge of your life!

But why do women date or marry these kinds of men? undecided

Financial security
Re: Verba Abuse by Karleb(m): 9:05pm On Mar 02, 2023
Lastpharoah33:

Financial security

Na she dey feed the man.

1 Like

Re: Verba Abuse by frozen70(f): 12:02pm On Mar 03, 2023
Peacegate24:
My story goes like this. I will be truthful with everything I will say. My marriage is 12 years with 3 children. I left my home last year. My husband is very abusive I mean verbal abuse. I uses everything to insult me. I work but I have never given my parents anything since I got married. He holds my ATM card, and withdrawal money at will.
When ever my salary does not come on time, he insult the living day light out of me. I don't eat in his presence because of insult. Before I left he always tells me to go that he is tried of me he tells me this everyday, he body shame me and all that. He never believe I could leave. when left, he kept calling to insult me, he always insult my family especially my mother. The abuse has made me lose my self worth and confidence. I have no clothes to wear and I work, I have just one shoes. Why am here is to seek for advice, I don't want to go back to him. I can take care of my children he has never paid there school fees but my problem is my mother she wants me to go back because of what people are saying. Please I need advice.

Well all I can say is that, you have gotten your freedom and don't allow anyone tell you any thing that will make you get depressed again

Forget about what people will. Say, they will always have something to say

Am glad you can care for yoor children, what else

You only live once

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

3 Makeup Chairs 2 Cubes And 2 Flower Vase for sell In akobo Ibadan / Relocation sales; Exotic Lights 180k / Sold: Rugged Perfectly Working 2.8kva Generator - ₦55k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.