Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Why We Need To Stop Telling Jokes In Pidgin – AY Comedian - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why We Need To Stop Telling Jokes In Pidgin – AY Comedian (842 Views)

Roman Goddess: "My Husband Likes My Cleavage, Stop Telling Me To Cover Up" / Rosaline Meurer In Bikini With Falz And AY Comedian (Photos) / 1996 Vs 2017 - AY Comedian Shares Photos Of Denim Transformation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Need To Stop Telling Jokes In Pidgin – AY Comedian by OpzyGist(m): 10:41pm On Mar 02, 2023
Nigerian actor and comedian Ayo Makun more popularly known as AY says that telling jokes using pidgin is preventing Nigerian comics from being accepted globally.
He said the comedy industry is developing well in the country, but not so much internationally due to the language factor that is difficult for foreigners to understand.

AY Comedian said that if Nigerian comedians stopped telling many of their jokes in Pidgin English, the journey to dominance would be accelerated.
He said; “The Nigerian comedy industry is doing very well locally. But we are yet to hit it big globally like our counterparts in the entertainment industry. The journey will be fast-tracked when we stop limiting ourselves from telling jokes in pidgin. There would be no global Trevor Noah if he was telling all his jokes in the Zulu language.”

“Breaking into the industry and becoming successful in what you do takes a lot of dedication. I have learned to be focused on achieving creative set goals. It has helped me gain deep knowledge about what works and doesn’t work in my industry. This is one thing I will ...

See the full details here:

https://opzygist.com.ng/gossips-and-news/entertainment/why-we-need-to-stop-telling-jokes-in-pidgin-ay-comedian/

3 Likes

Re: Why We Need To Stop Telling Jokes In Pidgin – AY Comedian by falcon01: 10:42pm On Mar 02, 2023
Your audience are pijin speakers, stfu!

3 Likes

Re: Why We Need To Stop Telling Jokes In Pidgin – AY Comedian by constancefriday(m): 11:32pm On Mar 02, 2023
OpzyGist:
Nigerian actor and comedian Ayo Makun more popularly known as AY says that telling jokes using pidgin is preventing Nigerian comics from being accepted globally.
He said the comedy industry is developing well in the country, but not so much internationally due to the language factor that is difficult for foreigners to understand.

AY Comedian said that if Nigerian comedians stopped telling many of their jokes in Pidgin English, the journey to dominance would be accelerated.
He said; “The Nigerian comedy industry is doing very well locally. But we are yet to hit it big globally like our counterparts in the entertainment industry. The journey will be fast-tracked when we stop limiting ourselves from telling jokes in pidgin. There would be no global Trevor Noah if he was telling all his jokes in the Zulu language.”

“Breaking into the industry and becoming successful in what you do takes a lot of dedication. I have learned to be focused on achieving creative set goals. It has helped me gain deep knowledge about what works and doesn’t work in my industry. This is one thing I will ...

See the full details here:

https://opzygist.com.ng/gossips-and-news/entertainment/why-we-need-to-stop-telling-jokes-in-pidgin-ay-comedian/

That's a whole lot of work, you're looking at about 99.9% of the entire comedy industry in Nigeria. How long do you think that would take??
Re: Why We Need To Stop Telling Jokes In Pidgin – AY Comedian by PlayerMeji: 11:52pm On Mar 02, 2023
How this guy take enter comedy sef I wan know.

Dude was never funny one bit

3 Likes

Re: Why We Need To Stop Telling Jokes In Pidgin – AY Comedian by Rikidony(m): 11:53pm On Mar 02, 2023
I swear that shit affects our comedians, have watch Basketmouth performance in Kenya, he performed so poorly because he had to use pure English throughout without mixture of Pidgin, the audience where just helping him not to hurt his ego, but Gordon's and Klint da drunk did exceedingly well in Uganda and Kenya because they have been performing with pure English for long.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Need To Stop Telling Jokes In Pidgin – AY Comedian by UpvoteAfrica: 8:33am On Mar 03, 2023
In other words, he wants to follow Basketmouth way...I been think say den dey quarrel
Re: Why We Need To Stop Telling Jokes In Pidgin – AY Comedian by We4all: 8:42am On Mar 03, 2023
PlayerMeji:

He is the most creative comedian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Need To Stop Telling Jokes In Pidgin – AY Comedian by Karlifate: 9:57am On Mar 03, 2023
PlayerMeji:

It's his creativity and spontaneity that sets him apart.

He's smart too, that's why he quickly ventured into movies, and he cashed out big time from it.

(1) (Reply)

Every Time I Pump Milk For My Baby, I Always Feel Sad – Janemena Reveals / Billpoint Sharp No Be Lie - App User Tells CEO Blord Group, Linus Williams / Stella Damascus Blames Religion For Her Failed Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.