Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,759 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

South-east: Why Lagos Is Yoruba Land And Not No-man's-land. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-east: Why Lagos Is Yoruba Land And Not No-man's-land. (544 Views)

South East: Why Solution To Monday Sit-at-home Remains Elusive / Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? / Voters Apathy In South South And South East Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-east: Why Lagos Is Yoruba Land And Not No-man's-land. by ebubeson: 11:21am On Mar 03, 2023
I am not a Yoruba, I am from the East, but let me tell you the truth.. Lagos belongs to Yorubas..They are the indigenous owners. Please stop calling it no-man's land. That you contributed in it's development does not mean it is yours. It is Yoruba Land.

Igbos are strong, they rose well to beat many tribes, even when they almost had nothing after the civil war.

Onitsha has the largest market in West Africa, we have big market in ABA, Owerri is fine city and with hospitality centers, Enugu is fine, Ebonyi has been transformed, Imo has educated people..The East has nice buildings even in several villages.. Amongst all tribes, the East has one of the most comfortable set of people in terms of standard of living... Igbos have many wealthy people...

Yorubas are good in education and in the corporate world. They have many of successful people. Hausas are experienced politically..

Please let their be peace in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: South-east: Why Lagos Is Yoruba Land And Not No-man's-land. by Samirana360(m): 11:22am On Mar 03, 2023
Lagos belong to the Benin people... go and ask ur oba

1 Like

Re: South-east: Why Lagos Is Yoruba Land And Not No-man's-land. by BentizilL: 11:26am On Mar 03, 2023
Lagos is a Yorubaland ✅💯

Not even up for argument 🦅

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-east: Why Lagos Is Yoruba Land And Not No-man's-land. by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 03, 2023
Paid influencer...lol
Re: South-east: Why Lagos Is Yoruba Land And Not No-man's-land. by mainkendo: 11:30am On Mar 03, 2023
Yes. Lagos is a yoruba land. Myself and other Igbos should know this. An treat our landlords properly. No insult. You can act wordly by insulting he who insults you. Leave the the tribe alone. This applies to other regions, respect your host.

2 Likes

Re: South-east: Why Lagos Is Yoruba Land And Not No-man's-land. by Totilopussylick(m): 11:30am On Mar 03, 2023
What of FCT.

Who owns Abuja
Re: South-east: Why Lagos Is Yoruba Land And Not No-man's-land. by ogologoamu: 11:32am On Mar 03, 2023
It wasn't igbos that tagged Lagos no man's land but the Yoruba politicians who always migrate to Lagos for political reasons.

Till date Lagos is yet to have an indigenous governor and 90% of politicians in Lagos State are not indegenous Lagosians.

ebubeson:
I am not a Yoruba, I am from the East, but let me tell you the truth.. Lagos belongs to Yorubas..They are the indigenous owners. Please stop calling it no-man's land. That you contributed in it's development does not mean it is yours. It is Yoruba Land.

Igbos are strong, they rose well to beat many tribes, even when they almost had nothing after the civil war.

Onitsha has the largest market in West Africa, we have big market in ABA, Owerri is fine city and with hospitality centers, Enugu is fine, Ebonyi has been transformed, Imo has educated people..The East has nice buildings even in several villages.. Amongst all tribes, the East has one of the most comfortable set of people in terms of standard of living... Igbos have many wealthy people...

Yorubas are good in education and in the corporate world. They have alot of successful people. Hausas are experienced politically..

Please let their be peace in Nigeria

Re: South-east: Why Lagos Is Yoruba Land And Not No-man's-land. by Creamcrest(m): 11:33am On Mar 03, 2023
Yes Igbos are strong in ingesting different wraps of cocaine to beat immigration checks

That tribe has caused so much damage to the reputation of this great country with their get rich or die trying mentality.

Is good we don't allow them in asorock.

1 Like

Re: South-east: Why Lagos Is Yoruba Land And Not No-man's-land. by isan(m): 11:34am On Mar 03, 2023
you all should just know Lagos is different from Lagos state, don't go to Ikorodu, abule egba, Agege , ikeja , ojota , Alakuko and call it a no man's land because they are part of Lagos state
Re: South-east: Why Lagos Is Yoruba Land And Not No-man's-land. by ogologoamu: 11:39am On Mar 03, 2023
mainkendo:
Yes. Lagos is a yoruba land. Myself and other Igbos should know this. An treat our landlords properly. No insult. You can act wordly by insulting he who insults you. Leave the the tribe alone. This applies to other regions, respect your host.

As far as I am a Nigerian, you're not my host in your state because all of us enjoy the same constitutional rights to live anywhere we like and can vote and be voted for there.
Re: South-east: Why Lagos Is Yoruba Land And Not No-man's-land. by ebubeson: 11:41am On Mar 03, 2023
ogologoamu:

As far as I am a Nigerian, you're not my host in your state because all of us enjoy the same constitutional rights to live anywhere we like and can vote and be voted for there.
You are wrong...You can enjoy constitutional privileges, but the state is not yours...
Re: South-east: Why Lagos Is Yoruba Land And Not No-man's-land. by ogologoamu: 11:44am On Mar 03, 2023
ebubeson:
You are wrong...You can enjoy constitutional privileges, but the state is not yours...

The state belongs to all of us.
Re: South-east: Why Lagos Is Yoruba Land And Not No-man's-land. by jared007: 11:45am On Mar 03, 2023
Samirana360:
Lagos belong to the Benin people... go and ask ur oba
Not really. Lagos indigenes are Yoruba but their monarchy is Benin just as Itsekiris have a monarchy that's Benin.

1 Like

Re: South-east: Why Lagos Is Yoruba Land And Not No-man's-land. by Samirana360(m): 11:58am On Mar 03, 2023
Let’s go to history
jared007:
Not really. Lagos indigenes are Yoruba but their monarchy is Benin just as Itsekiris have a monarchy that's Benin.
Re: South-east: Why Lagos Is Yoruba Land And Not No-man's-land. by ebubeson: 6:24pm On Mar 03, 2023
jared007:
Are you sure?
Re: South-east: Why Lagos Is Yoruba Land And Not No-man's-land. by christistruth01: 6:25pm On Mar 03, 2023
grin see
Re: South-east: Why Lagos Is Yoruba Land And Not No-man's-land. by christistruth01: 6:26pm On Mar 03, 2023
ebubeson:
Are you sure?

jared007:

The Benin Monarchy is an Ile Ife one

And the Onitsha Monarchy is a Benin one

Onitsha is actually under the Oduduwa dynasty of Kings

1 Like

Re: South-east: Why Lagos Is Yoruba Land And Not No-man's-land. by christistruth01: 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2023
grin

The Wisdom and Foresight God Gave to Awolowo and our Fathers when they stopped Azikiwe from becoming the Premier of the West must have almost killed them

So if an Easterner is controlling the West and an Easterner is in Control of the East then where will the West be in Control of?

Could Azikiwe have done what Awolowo did for the West?

Re: South-east: Why Lagos Is Yoruba Land And Not No-man's-land. by christistruth01: 6:33pm On Mar 03, 2023
ogologoamu:

The state belongs to all of us.

Lagos is Yorubaland no matter how you twist and wrestle with English

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Protest To Continue For A Very Long Time / JUST IN: INEC Shifts Governorship, State Assembly Elections To March 18 / To Desmond Elliot- Apology Is Too Late

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.