Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

How Do I Sue Opay - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Do I Sue Opay (2428 Views)

5 Ways Your Opay Account Can Get Hacked / Nasiru Ali Kozzographa To Sue EFCC For Parading Him As ‘Yahoo Boy’ / Linda Nkechi Igwetu: Garki Hospital Speaks On Corper. Threatens To Sue Blogs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Sue Opay by Ransomtheking(m): 1:25pm On Mar 03, 2023
Hello lawyers in the house
I did two transaction on my opay app to UBA bank account since 1st of march 2023.
My account was debited but the beneficiary has not been credited yet he has even gotten his account statement from his bank the money did not drop.
Opay gave me 48 hours for my money to be reversed,and it's more than the 48 hours my money has not been credited and beneficiary not credited.tried reaching their customer care but all efforts proved futile.
Re: How Do I Sue Opay by visaclick: 1:27pm On Mar 03, 2023
wahala wahala everywhere.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Sue Opay by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 03, 2023
I think you should sue UBA not opay!
UBA has issue with their network, for some days now. It's not opay's fault!

At least you were debited from opay

We are in the month of March not May! 🤭

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Sue Opay by 2special(m): 1:29pm On Mar 03, 2023
Ransomtheking:
I did two transaction on my opay app to UBA bank account since 1st of may 2023.
My account was debited but the beneficiary has not been credited yet he has even gotten his account statement from his bank the money did not drop.
Opay gave me 48 hours for my money to be reversed,and it's more than the 48 hours my money has not been credited and beneficiary not credited.tried reaching their customer care but all efforts proved futile.
1st of March or 1st of May, technicality lawyer's love, contact your lawyer
Re: How Do I Sue Opay by Ransomtheking(m): 1:31pm On Mar 03, 2023
2special:
1st of March or 1st of May, technicality lawyer's love, contact your lawyer
1st March sir just modified it
Re: How Do I Sue Opay by Ransomtheking(m): 1:34pm On Mar 03, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

thanks I've modified it
But how do I go about suing the recieving bank
Re: How Do I Sue Opay by HeartlessMan: 1:35pm On Mar 03, 2023
NIBSS
Pocohantas and her criminal cronies don divert your 2k.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Sue Opay by Ransomtheking(m): 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2023
HeartlessMan:
NIBSS
Pocohantas and her criminal cronies don divert your 2k.
It's not 2k bro it's 64k,32k for each transactions.
Re: How Do I Sue Opay by HeartlessMan: 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2023
Ransomtheking:

It's not 2k bro it's 64k,32k for each transactions.

Pocohantas don hammer

1 Like

Re: How Do I Sue Opay by Nemesis0147(m): 1:41pm On Mar 03, 2023
UBA network has been bad for some days now
It was trending yesterday or so on twitter sef

1 Like

Re: How Do I Sue Opay by Ransomtheking(m): 2:24pm On Mar 03, 2023
Nemesis0147:
UBA network has been bad for some days now
It was trending yesterday or so on twitter sef
So should i hope that the client is gonna be credited 🥺
Cause he is on my neck
Re: How Do I Sue Opay by Nemesis0147(m): 2:54pm On Mar 03, 2023
Ransomtheking:

So should i hope that the client is gonna be credited 🥺
Cause he is on my neck
yes
Maybe oh
I bought something from my regular customer a day before yesterday and she got the alert this morning….access to UBA
Re: How Do I Sue Opay by royalair(m): 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2023
Uba has been terrible recently. Same happened to one of my biz partners. Sent money uptill now no alert. Reasons he believed me is cos we have transacted for years so no be this money go make us fight. Relax he will get the alert it's just a matter of time
Re: How Do I Sue Opay by Jamesbiodun(m): 5:17pm On Mar 03, 2023
The person you send money to has to go to Uba to report the situation, the money is with UBA already

1 Like

Re: How Do I Sue Opay by ProphetM0hammad: 5:21pm On Mar 03, 2023
Ransomtheking:

1st March sir just modified it

Trust me, it's UBA, not opay
UBA
FBN
GTB
ZENITH
ACCESS

Those are the list of the most useless banks in Nigeria.

What happened was that opay tried to process the transaction but uba network was down or erratic hence it couldn't be completed successfully.

I had the same experience with opay vs access bank.

The two parties have to communicate with each other to resolve this, but i can assure you that opay has contacted uba and they are yet to respond.

It will be resolved but it will take longer, just contact the opay service support via phone call and send them the statement of account you obtained from uba
Re: How Do I Sue Opay by Clement1111(m): 8:29pm On Mar 03, 2023
Uba is down

A client sent money to my boss (i confirmed the debit alert) since tuesday and my boss is yet to received the money till now.....so calm down and wait a bit more

For now,i am just using palmpay/opay for my transactions
Re: How Do I Sue Opay by xtivin(m): 9:19pm On Mar 03, 2023
Ransomtheking:
I did two transaction on my opay app to UBA bank account since 1st of march 2023.
Small boy wan sue because of 2k..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Sue Opay by Ransomtheking(m): 10:50pm On Mar 03, 2023
Sir you think it's normal loose 64k (2k according to you) by this time
xtivin:

Small boy wan sue because of 2k..
Re: How Do I Sue Opay by nedekid: 11:30pm On Mar 03, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

His business is with opay.
Uba has no business with him, rather it is opay that has transaction with Uba.
Re: How Do I Sue Opay by nedekid: 11:38pm On Mar 03, 2023
The issue is that we do not have small claims courts here in naija. The cost of litigation against opay might be more than what ever you may get from them as damages by the courts.
Can you prove that the delay in the transaction caused you damage to the extent you require compensation? Eg you sent it to someone to pay emergency medical surgery bills and due to the person receiving the money there was loss of life etc. Or you lost a huge business deal and reputation due to the money not transfered.
Anyway, I don't think it is worth it.
Re: How Do I Sue Opay by xtivin(m): 12:34am On Mar 04, 2023
Ransomtheking:
There are laid down channels by banks to resolve issues, until you explore these options first it remains a joke to file a law suit just like that.
Re: How Do I Sue Opay by Kasiyya(m): 4:51am On Mar 04, 2023
Ransomtheking:
the problem is from UBA not opay
Re: How Do I Sue Opay by Af0nja: 5:28am On Mar 04, 2023
Ransomtheking:

It will be reversed bro Opay usually takes 5-7 days to resolve such issues and not two days

1 Like

Re: How Do I Sue Opay by Af0nja: 5:29am On Mar 04, 2023
Ransomtheking:

Even it's 1kobo, your money is worth your fight, don't mind the poor lad
Re: How Do I Sue Opay by Wapgod(m): 3:03pm On Mar 04, 2023
Does opay offer unlimited free transfer?
What about Bank charges like the N50 charges on deposits of N10, 000 or above?
I am thinking of opening an account with them but I need answers to my above questions
Re: How Do I Sue Opay by sheanzy(m): 7:24pm On Mar 04, 2023
Wapgod:
Does opay offer unlimited free transfer?
What about Bank charges like the N50 charges on deposits of N10, 000 or above?
I am thinking of opening an account with them but I need answers to my above questions
yeah yeah.. Ever since I started banking with them they haven't deducted even a kobo from me for any reason whatsoever

I make up to 50+ TRANSACTIONS per day on average
Re: How Do I Sue Opay by mike97(m): 2:51pm On Mar 05, 2023
I also did transaction from my palmpay to Uba on 1st of March, till now the receiver is yet to receive the money in is account
Re: How Do I Sue Opay by Creamypussy(f): 7:53pm On Mar 05, 2023
I sent money to someone on Monday been 27th of feb, I was debited but the person did not receive the money. Surprising today been 5th March the money was revise back to my account.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Sue Opay by mike97(m): 8:05pm On Mar 05, 2023
You did the transaction using Opay right ?
Creamypussy:
I sent money to someone on Monday been 27th of feb, I was debited but the person did not receive the money. Surprising today been 5th March the money was revise back to my account.
Re: How Do I Sue Opay by Creamypussy(f): 8:15pm On Mar 05, 2023
mike97:
You did the transaction using Opay right ?

No dear through UBA USSD, give it time.

(1) (Reply)

Richest Native Doctor In Africa (akwa Okuko Na Oba) Kidnapped / Wigwe Family Assassination Part 1 / HELP! I Have Been Defrauded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.