Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used (1743 Views)

Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? / Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? / Sienna 2003 Vs Vw Sharan Which Is Better For Inter State Trans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by mediclife1987(m): 5:45pm On Mar 03, 2023
Hello guys, so got just 1.5mill to shed for either of this two.

Which do you advice I buy my good people, as a point A to point B car, considering I'll be spending a total of 4hrs each day from Monday through Friday, in this Lagos.

Abeg make una advice me my people, cos I personally love the Honda Accord for it's aesthetics, but my fear is the leg, and it's reliability, when compared to the almighty Toyota!

Thanks for your anticipated response people.
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by Day169: 6:02pm On Mar 03, 2023
So it's your heart versus your head here.
.. in the world of 9ja used cars where 90% of cars are badly used but well packaged for resale, I'll advice you go with your head to limit the volume of tears shed afterwards. wink

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by mediclife1987(m): 6:06pm On Mar 03, 2023
Day169:
So it's your heart versus your head here.
.. in the world of 9ja used cars where 90% of cars are badly used but well packaged for resale, I'll advice you go with your head to limit the volume of tears shed afterwards. wink

So Camry it is I guess...
I'll prolly just settle for the fish light 2001 Camry jarey. Buying it for 1.5mill should get me a quite sound one I believe...
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by Daviestunech(m): 9:27pm On Mar 03, 2023
mediclife1987:

Which do you advice I buy my good people, as a point A to point B car, considering I'll be spending a total of 4hrs each day from Monday through Friday, in this Lagos.

Abeg make una advice me my people, cos I personally love the Honda Accord for it's aesthetics, but my fear is the leg, and it's reliability, when compared to the almighty Toyota!

I'm using the Camry 03 v6 engine going to 5yrs now.. my car still dey kakaraka... Engine nd gear has not been touched.

Will advice the o3 Camry anyday over Honda .

I only like Honda from 011 upward over Camry

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by mediclife1987(m): 10:48pm On Mar 03, 2023
Daviestunech:

I'm using the Camry 03 v6 engine going to 5yrs now.. my car still dey kakaraka... Engine nd gear has not been touched.

You bought it foreign and not Naija used na.
That's why probably...
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by mediclife1987(m): 10:50pm On Mar 03, 2023
Daviestunech:

What of the 01 Camry fishlight compared to the 03Accord?

As I dey fear sey to see correct 03camry for 1.5 go hard oh.

Make person no go buy baruff...
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by Kokomo: 11:19pm On Mar 03, 2023
Daviestunech:

Please boss what type of oil do you service the car with?
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by Dozieson(m): 5:07am On Mar 04, 2023
Daviestunech:

The expensive engine and gear replacement is my fear. If you can use it will well without replacing, then you are fine.

Honda parts of 2001-2007 are cheaper than than of Camry of same years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by mediclife1987(m): 7:30am On Mar 04, 2023
Dozieson:

The expensive engine and gear replacement is my fear. If you can use it will well without replacing, then you are fine.

Honda parts of 2001-2007 are cheaper than than of Camry of same years.

So which do you advice I choose na bros, considering I might want to do Uber once in a while?
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by mh53(m): 7:40am On Mar 04, 2023
mediclife1987:

Go for the camry, with the 3.0L V6 (1mz-fe). Avoid the 2.4L (2Az-Fe), it has a factory flaw which causes overheating without warning in addition to being notorious for burning oil. Stay away from the 4cyl for peace of mind. Mine clocked 4yrs in December and is presently almost at 200k miles with No check engine light. I left lagos with a full tank of fuel and arrived in owerri with a quarter tank while maintaining an average speed of 85kph with cruise control and the ac at its lowest setting (this result has been consistent-this is my 5th time with the same outcome). The powertrain is very reliable- it’s just the suspension that occasionally has challenges because of our bad roads. Find a Nigerian used V6 that wasn’t abused. I use Hardex gold 5w 30 on mine and it performs perfectly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by mh53(m): 7:43am On Mar 04, 2023
mediclife1987:

So which do you advice I choose na bros, considering I might want to do Uber once in a while?
the accord’s suspension has some question marks. I doubt if it’s as rugged as it’s civic sibling. Honda automatic transmissions aren’t as durable as the aisin-built gearboxes used in Toyotas.
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by Daviestunech(m): 7:47am On Mar 04, 2023
mediclife1987:

You bought it foreign and not Naija used na.
That's why probably...

Yes foreign used
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by mediclife1987(m): 7:49am On Mar 04, 2023
Daviestunech:

Yes foreign used

Toh if me sef see money, na wetin I go do be that
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by Daviestunech(m): 7:50am On Mar 04, 2023
mediclife1987:

What of the 01 Camry fishlight compared to the 03Accord?

As I dey fear sey to see correct 03camry for 1.5 go hard oh.

Make person no go buy baruff...

Yes.. I understand, just do your research and inspection very well before purchase
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by Daviestunech(m): 7:50am On Mar 04, 2023
Kokomo:

Please boss what type of oil do you service the car with?

I used just the normal mobile oil
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by mediclife1987(m): 8:01am On Mar 04, 2023
mh53:
Go for the camry, with the 3.0L V6 (1mz-fe). Avoid the 2.4L (2Az-Fe), it has a factory flaw which causes overheating without warning in addition to being notorious for burning oil. Stay away from the 4cyl for peace of mind. Mine clocked 4yrs in December and is presently almost at 200k miles with No check engine light. I left lagos with a full tank of fuel and arrived in owerri with a quarter tank while maintaining an average speed of 85kph with cruise control and the ac at its lowest setting (this result has been consistent-this is my 5th time with the same outcome). The powertrain is very reliable- it’s just the suspension that occasionally has challenges because of our bad roads. Find a Nigerian used V6 that wasn’t abused. I use Hardex gold 5w 30 on mine and it performs perfectly.

Hmmm, what a fascinating experience.

I've however changed my mind sha, and stay close to work.

If I buy a car, I'll be spending #1.3million more. O could use that to open a business close to home...
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by buygala(m): 9:07am On Mar 04, 2023
I have a pristine 2003 Accord v6 as a second car.. I can't say for sure how much I got it because a client dropped it as professional fees for services I rendered a few months ago.

I don't know how it was done, but mine has a 2004 Acura TL 3.2 litre v6 engine and gearbox in it.. And it's perfect.And the Acura engine generates 270hp as opposed to the 240hp of the 2003 Accord v6... And I get 22mpg within Abuja and around 27mpg on long journeys.. So you can reasonably use it for E-hailing if the company will accept it.

Besides, I have read reviews of that Acura model, and it's engine and gearbox are bulletproof.. So I suppose my car is safe from any engine or gear problems for the foreseeable future..

So far, I have covered close to 3k miles with that accord without a single hitch or leg problem..

If you can scout out a clean version of that model of accord with an Acura Engine and gearbox, I would strongly advice it even over a 4 cylinder 2008 Toyota Camry.

See some pictures of my accord.. Don't mind the 3.0 Vtech engine bay plastic.. Look at the Acura stamp on the engine top

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by Dozieson(m): 9:10am On Mar 04, 2023
mediclife1987:

Ubers or bolt? Uber only accepts 15 years cars and below.

Why not add up to get Honda civic 2008? Or go for clean civic 2005 for Bolt with your N1.5m?
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by buygala(m): 9:31am On Mar 04, 2023
mh53:
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by Godsonkemz(m): 9:37am On Mar 04, 2023
Daviestunech:

He has said it all. In addition, Camry was built for Nigerian road while Honda was not built to tolerate bad road, typical of Nigeria road.
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by dasanchez1(m): 9:57am On Jun 19, 2023
mh53:
which year model is this Camry please?
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by mh53(m): 6:59am On Jun 20, 2023
dasanchez1:
which year model is this Camry please?
2005 camry V6.
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by skywalker240(m): 8:13am On Jun 20, 2023
2003 Camry for 1.5 de fear person nowadays oo
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by Dozieson(m): 9:39am On Jun 20, 2023
skywalker240:
2003 Camry for 1.5 de fear person nowadays oo

na scrap be that. good camry cost 2-2.6m

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by dasanchez1(m): 12:02pm On Jun 20, 2023
mh53:
2005 camry V6.
thanks 🙏
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by skywalker240(m): 12:25pm On Jun 20, 2023
Dozieson:

na scrap be that. good camry cost 2-2.6m
Thought as much
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by clinician2x: 6:45pm On Jun 20, 2023
My guy bought that thing camry 2003, a very bad car. I couldn't imagine how on earth he spent 1.7m to buy the worst car ever. I carried him in my lexus to go see the car after he bought it and came to my area. I looked at the car and was just seeing different kinds of abuse. The steering fluid is leaking, the transmission fluid is almost empty with heavy leakage and the car looked very awful. He gave me the keys I was scared to start it. I enter the car, turn the ignition, come see vibration like an earthmover, idling rpm was 2000 rpm, Damn. I plugged in my scan tool omo see codes everywhere. I came out and told him truly you've been scammed.

If you wan buy naija used car car, first and foremost carry your friend that knows about car first before u bring a mechanic. If your normal friend certify it okay, u can bring in a mechanic for a more indept analysis.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by Dozieson(m): 9:26pm On Jun 20, 2023
clinician2x:
My guy bought that thing camry 2003, a very bad car. I couldn't imagine how on earth he spent 1.7m to buy the worst car ever. I carried him in my lexus to go see the car after he bought it and came to my area. I looked at the car and was just seeing different kinds of abuse. The steering fluid is leaking, the transmission fluid is almost empty with heavy leakage and the car looked very awful. He gave me the keys I was scared to start it. I enter the car, turn the ignition, come see vibration like an earthmover, idling rpm was 2000 rpm, Damn. I plugged in my scan tool omo see codes everywhere. I came out and told him truly you've been scammed.

If you wan buy naija used car car, first and foremost carry your friend that knows about car first before u bring a mechanic. If your normal friend certify it okay, u can bring in a mechanic for a more indept analysis.

Carry scan tool as well
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by fineboynl(m): 8:52pm On Jun 21, 2023
clinician2x:

All in the name of buying a toyota. If you that your friend to buy honda he would tell you no that he want toyota
Re: Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 Both Naija Used by clinician2x: 9:20pm On Jun 21, 2023
fineboynl:
All in the name of buying a toyota. If you that your friend to buy honda he would tell you no that he want toyota

because Honda will withstand abuse abi wetin? Are u normal at all?

(1) (Reply)

Tinted Glass Ban Comes To Lagos Next Week / Between Honda Accord 2001 And Toyota Camry 2001 Which One Is A Better Car? / Scan Your Ride: 'MALFUNCTION INDICATOR (service/check Engine) Light Pops Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.