Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,329 members, 7,864,592 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:04 PM

Presidential, Natl. Assembly Elections Appeals Will Follow Rule Of Law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential, Natl. Assembly Elections Appeals Will Follow Rule Of Law (223 Views)

See List Of Nigerian Businessman That Will Follow Tinubu To India On Sept 6th / INEC Assures Use Of BVAS In Governorship & State Assembly Elections / INEC Official Results For 2019 Presidential And National Assembly Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Presidential, Natl. Assembly Elections Appeals Will Follow Rule Of Law by imMannerPhilipz(m): 7:29pm On Mar 03, 2023
PRESIDENTIAL, NATL. ASSEMBLY ELECTIONS APPEALS WILL FOLLOW RULE OF LAW - Gov. Emmanuel

Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, has sued for calm over the recent lawsuit credited to six Nigerian states against the Federal Government seeking cancellation of the February 25, 2023 Presidential and National Assembly elections currently before the Supreme court.

Speaking to Government House Correspondents today at the Victor Attah International Airport, Uyo, Governor Emmanuel stated the resolve of the state to operate within the ambience of the rule of law and to do nothing outside the provisions of the constitution.

He admonished the people of the state to remain calm, stressing that there was no cause for alarm and expressed confidence that the Attorney General of the six states namely Akwa Ibom, Adamawa, Bayelsa, Edo, Delta and Sokoto States are knowledgeable enough in matters of the law, and would further it to the extent that is allowed by law.

"I'm not a lawyer. I cannot speak authoritatively. The lawyers will know what to say about that. I think they will follow the right path. I think the six Attorneys General are talking to each other.

"These are people that I know abide by the rule of law. If it's not in line with the rule of law, that will be withdrawn immediately by the six Attorneys General because we must follow the rule of law," he stated.

Media Unit
Govt. House, Uyo
03/03/23

Re: Presidential, Natl. Assembly Elections Appeals Will Follow Rule Of Law by EmeeNaka: 7:37pm On Mar 03, 2023
Supreme court entertained the issue revolving around the Naira redesign policy of the federal government, now PDP is standing on the same pedestal to sue INEC

(1) (Reply)

Deactivate Nairaland Account / Chinese President Congratulates President Elect Bola Tinubu / 2023 Elections: Rapper Vector Floors Min. Of State For Labour And Employment, Fe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.