Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Naira Policy: CBN Awaits Legal Advice On Supreme Court Ruling - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Policy: CBN Awaits Legal Advice On Supreme Court Ruling (28078 Views)

Businesses, Transporters Reject Old Naira Notes Amid Supreme Court’s Ruling / New Naira Policy: Do People Still Accept Old Naira Notes In Your Area? / Cashless Policy: CBN To Phase Out And Replace All Naira Notes In Circulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Policy: CBN Awaits Legal Advice On Supreme Court Ruling by gassbee: 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2023
jaxxy:

I didn't say I so. I said they should make cash available. The policy is not the issue bt the unavailability of cash and sabotage by banks
if u say d policy is not d issue, wat did d naira design policy really achieve
Re: Naira Policy: CBN Awaits Legal Advice On Supreme Court Ruling by olatuns2017: 5:45pm On Mar 04, 2023
adenigga:

Source: https:///Naira-Policy-CBN-Awaits-Legal-Advice-On-Supreme-Court-Ruling

If Tinubu doesn't Jail Emefailure I will not be happy

This guy is so biased that he should not be a CBN Gov....

CBN Gov collect form for party primaries

What nonsense

Buhari!!!!

Re: Naira Policy: CBN Awaits Legal Advice On Supreme Court Ruling by emmyN(m): 7:32pm On Mar 04, 2023
infogeneral:
"The apex court in its judgement also noted that the President acted Ultra vires by his obvious failure to consult with the National Council of States, Federal Executive Council (FEC) and the National Economic Council (NEC) before directing the CBN to unlawfully introduce new Naira notes."

It's so unfortunate that some of the leading presidential candidates who made us believe that they are fighting for the people also supported this illegal policy that has further impoverished ordinary citizens. They all need to come out and apologize to Nigerians for placing thier personal ambitions over the welfare of the masses.

I can remember vividly that the new naira notes were first unveiled at a Federal Executive Council meeting long before it was released into circulation. It was in the news.
Re: Naira Policy: CBN Awaits Legal Advice On Supreme Court Ruling by jaxxy(m): 7:48pm On Mar 04, 2023
gommez:
the naira design policy, wat did it really achieve

it reduced corruption and will stop terrorism financing and crime financing outside the banking system.
Re: Naira Policy: CBN Awaits Legal Advice On Supreme Court Ruling by Frankiss44(m): 8:07am On Mar 05, 2023
sparko1:
Where are this kids

Time to tell CBN not to follow the Judgement of the supreme Court cheesy cheesy

Go to school you won't, listening to beer parlor lectures.

See who go school when nor know the difference between this and these? Moreover the judgement is purely academic, no bank go obey am and the federal government don already say again after the ruling they don't have the constitutional power to advice the CBN on monetary policies and cbn said all old notes have been destroyed. So who go collect the few old notes from you?
Re: Naira Policy: CBN Awaits Legal Advice On Supreme Court Ruling by sparko1(m): 8:28am On Mar 05, 2023
Frankiss44:

See who go school when nor know the difference between this and these? Moreover the judgement is purely academic, no bank go obey am and the federal government don already say again after the ruling they don't have the constitutional power to advice the CBN on monetary policies and cbn said all old notes have been destroyed. So who go collect the few old notes from you?

Purely academic, supreme Court judgment is purely academic.

I am not really interested in what supreme Court said, it is the fact that as a Nigerian you are happy that a fellow Nigerian like will lose his/her money and you are so happy that you can open say it like their pain gives you a special kind of joy, that is the problem.

You are worse than those that kill for religious reasons, but you can kill someone just because he doesn't agree on the same principle as you.

And for the correction, thanks but I am not writing thesis, if you can't understand simple English I am not an English student or teacher.
Re: Naira Policy: CBN Awaits Legal Advice On Supreme Court Ruling by Frankiss44(m): 9:23am On Mar 05, 2023
sparko1:

Purely academic, supreme Court judgment is purely academic.

I am not really interested in what supreme Court said, it is the fact that as a Nigerian you are happy that a fellow Nigerian like will lose his/her money and you are so happy that you can open say it like their pain gives you a special kind of joy, that is the problem.

You are worse than those that kill for religious reasons, but you can kill someone just because he doesn't agree on the same principle as you.

And for the correction, thanks but I am not writing thesis, if you can't understand simple English I am not an English student or teacher.

Don't be that stupid to fly on your assumptions and conclude rubbish .. Nobody is happy.. The bank is collecting the old notes the last time I checked.. But what we are saying is that it can't be used as a means of purchase anymore because until the president makes another speech asking people to collect it, the fear is already out there. And if you must mock people for not going to school at least try to mock them in perfect English..
Re: Naira Policy: CBN Awaits Legal Advice On Supreme Court Ruling by Caseless: 12:46pm On Mar 05, 2023
yemi1504:

You can say that again! I wonder how they keep disregarding court orders like this! It is a very bad precedence!
too bad!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Policy: CBN Awaits Legal Advice On Supreme Court Ruling by Iamzik: 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2023
DriveByKiller:
lolz. Yes the bank doesn't have right to confiscate my money and limit me to my own legitimately earned money or tell me how to use it. It's purely illegal.

And you must be Igbo.

Lol

Sorry I'm not Igbo and this is the mistake you people keep making. Once someone opinion is different from yours you quickly call them Igbo lol

CBN cannot confiscate your money and I'm not sure that you have the type of money that qualifies for confiscation anyways.

Also CBN has the constitutional power to determine your daily withdrawal limit through circulars to commercial banks. If you have friends and family abroad, ask them wether there is a limit on cash withdrawal/transfer or not.
Re: Naira Policy: CBN Awaits Legal Advice On Supreme Court Ruling by DriveByKiller: 5:26pm On Mar 05, 2023
Iamzik:

Lol

Sorry I'm not Igbo and this is the mistake you people keep making. Once someone opinion is different from yours you quickly call them Igbo lol

CBN cannot confiscate your money and I'm not sure that you have the type of money that qualifies for confiscation anyways.

Also CBN has the constitutional power to determine your daily withdrawal limit through circulars to commercial banks. If you have friends and family abroad, ask them wether there is a limit on cash withdrawal/transfer or not.

" I'm not sure that you have the type of money that qualifies for confiscation anyways."
lolz, your lame attempt at put down is as harmless as a Christmas laugh.

The CBN has confiscated all 40 million bankable Nigerians the very minute they took our old notes and didn't remit the direct equivalent and then mandated us to 2k over-the-counter withdrawals.

The daily limit approved by the constitution isn't the limit the CBN is enforcing during the Naira redesign policy. You need to be updated.

Also your name has a Zik in it and your views aligns with 90% of the views of South Easterners so anyone will be excused for liking you to be Igbo.

Lastly For you to sit here and advise the CBN to disobey the rulings of the highest court of the land, shows how much a terrorist you are.
Re: Naira Policy: CBN Awaits Legal Advice On Supreme Court Ruling by Iamzik: 6:46pm On Mar 05, 2023
DriveByKiller:

" I'm not sure that you have the type of money that qualifies for confiscation anyways."
lolz, your lame attempt at put down is as harmless as a Christmas laugh.

The CBN has confiscated all 40 million bankable Nigerians the very minute they took our old notes and didn't remit the direct equivalent and then mandated us to 2k over-the-counter withdrawals.

The daily limit approved by the constitution isn't the limit the CBN is enforcing during the Naira redesign policy. You need to be updated.

Also your name has a Zik in it and your views aligns with 90% of the views of South Easterners so anyone will be excused for liking you to be Igbo.

Lastly For you to sit here and advise the CBN to disobey the rulings of the highest court of the land, shows how much a terrorist you are.

Learn how to drive home your point without name calling. It is a very important pointer to your level of civility.
My moniker tells you absolutely nothing about my tribe or ethnicity. I have had the opportunity to live in every part of Nigeria so I might not be confined to your own tribal/ideological prism

Back to the point. Supreme court know that it has no power to order CBN around. I hope you have read the judgement. CBN is not synonymous with federal government and banks cannot obey supreme court order without instruction from CBN. We are in a new week. I advise you to wait for CBN to make issue a statement on the next line of action.

Calling me a terrorist might help you sleep better tonight but it doesn't change the facts of this matter. Your bank will maintain status quo until they hear from CBN.

Have a good day

1 Like

Re: Naira Policy: CBN Awaits Legal Advice On Supreme Court Ruling by DriveByKiller: 8:26pm On Mar 05, 2023
Iamzik:

Learn how to drive home your point without name calling. It is a very important pointer to your level of civility.
My moniker tells you absolutely nothing about my tribe or ethnicity. I have had the opportunity to live in every part of Nigeria so I might not be confined to your own tribal/ideological prism

Back to the point. Supreme court know that it has no power to order CBN around. I hope you have read the judgement. CBN is not synonymous with federal government and banks cannot obey supreme court order without instruction from CBN. We are in a new week. I advise you to wait for CBN to make issue a statement on the next line of action.

Calling me a terrorist might help you sleep better tonight but it doesn't change the facts of this matter. Your bank will maintain status quo until they hear from CBN.

Have a good day
truth be told my civility status isn't advanced. And you're a bloodstained hypocrite asking me to not call you names.

If your moniker doesn't make you an Igbo despite your "Zik" clue, how then does the fact that I met you here digitally predisposes you to assume I don't have enough money for CBN to confiscate?

Hypocrites like you throw veiled insults and pretend to be shocked when you receive a direct one.

Back to the matter....CBN is an agent of the Federal government and that Naira redesign policy was approved by FG so the ruling is binding on both parties.

And don't talk like a fool please, the federal government challenged the jurisdiction of the SC to hear the matter and it failed.

You're like buhari and every other thick headed idiot who ascends to power and disobey court rulings.

Supreme court ruling is final and exhausted.

You don't sit on your dusty chair and type your emotional wishes to change the judgement of the highest court in the land.

https://www.nairaland.com/7597812/malami-cant-advice-monetary-policy

And not even the federal government dare be bold to take the stand you are assuming.
Bozo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Is Dollar To Naira Rate Today (black Market) / 8 Mistakes I Made Starting An Online Business In Nigeria That You Should Avoid! / 10 Profitable Business Ideas For The Christmas Period 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.