Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality (2162 Views)

Before Vs Now: Mommy 60 Years In Nigeria Vs 4 Months In UK (video) / I Guess The Abroad Is Not That Great. This Guy Is Begging To Be Deported Home / Foreign Airlines Reap $700m From Ticket Sales In 8 Months In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 04, 2023
The first two to three months of Nigerians getting abroad is always like;

"ohh my God, see 24hrs light, Nigeria failed us" most even forget they pay $300 for utility bills every month. LoL

"See road. Ohh my God, there's no road and fine cars in Nigeria, we all trek on mud"

"Mehn, see fine fine oyinbo, I'll Marry like 2 oyinbo for here and get papers within two years" only to later realized this is only but illusion as most Nigerian guys are ugly and might not be good enough to even get dates.

"Damn. See how much my salary is wen I convert it to naira. Now, I'm earning more than a bank manager in Nigeria" Only to later realized that 60% of this money will go to taxes and bills. Nigerians at home will also bill them

"Take pictures every day to pepper ignorant Nigerians at home" only to get tired after two months when reality knock

That was me when I paid $350 for light in February 🤣

Add yours

5 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by Ddeliverer007(m): 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2023
Come back home.

8 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by RoadMozart(m): 7:45pm On Mar 04, 2023
If I see way take japa like this, even if na 90% of my salary go on tax and bills, I no go return to 9ja even tho them dey take blood samples

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 04, 2023
Ddeliverer007:
Come back home.

Exactly. Thanks for the advice

3 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 04, 2023
RoadMozart:
If I see way take japa like this, even if na 90% of my salary go on tax and bills, I no go return to 9ja even tho them dey take blood samples

Of course. Even if na to sleep inside gutter, e better o.

4 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by RoadMozart(m): 7:50pm On Mar 04, 2023
Gandy04:

Of course. Even if na to sleep inside gutter, e better o.
💯
Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:23pm On Mar 04, 2023
Well hop on the next flight to Nigeria. Next

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Well hop on the next flight to Nigeria. Next

True.
Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by judatech: 8:42pm On Mar 04, 2023
It all depends on how your condition dey 4 here B4 u japa...
To most Nigerian youths...any way is better than here...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by Kaycee54321(m): 8:59pm On Mar 04, 2023
Your billing even get bar chart.

Lol. Come back home Bro. We even have a brand new president.

4 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by ednut1(m): 10:09pm On Mar 04, 2023
Another ignorant thread. You want to enjoy the constant water, light and gas without paying

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by Goodbadbowy419: 10:30pm On Mar 04, 2023
RoadMozart:
Wahala wahala wahala 😂😂😂😂
Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 04, 2023
ednut1:
Another ignorant thread. You want to enjoy the constant water, light and gas without paying

At least, we were enjoying it in Nigeria without having to pay ridiculously like this, though it's not constant, and yet we still complain

2 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by folake4u(f): 11:10pm On Mar 04, 2023
Nigerians evade tax a lot and find it really hard to come in terms with a sane society that everything has to be paid for in other to enjoy basic social amenities.

Op, Murtala Mohammed Airport never catch fire oh. You fit buy return ticket back to Naija. wink

2 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 04, 2023
folake4u:
Nigerians evade tax a lot and find it really hard to come in terms with a sane society that everything has to be paid for in other to enjoy basic social amenities.

Op, Murtala Mohammed Airport never catch fire oh. You fit buy return ticket back to Naija. wink

Exactly. LoL. Just a typical Nigerian dullard. Not surprised 😂
Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by folake4u(f): 11:27pm On Mar 04, 2023
Gandy04:

Exactly. LoL. Just a typical Nigerian dullard. Not surprised 😂

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. cheesy

1 Like

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 04, 2023
folake4u:

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. cheesy
Don't mind that boy. How are u tho
Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by Sweetvie: 9:01am On Mar 05, 2023
Lol. You want to enjoy water, light and gas without paying?🤧

1 Like

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by Despacito1: 9:52am On Mar 05, 2023
Gandy04:

"ohh my God, see 24hrs light, Nigeria failed us" most even forget they pay $300 for utility bills every month. LoL

"See road. Ohh my God, there's no road and fine cars in Nigeria, we all trek on mud"

"Mehn, see fine fine oyinbo, I'll Marry like 2 oyinbo for here and get papers within two years" only to later realized this is only but illusion as most Nigerian guys are ugly and might not be good enough to even get dates.

"Damn. See how much my salary is wen I convert it to naira. Now, I'm earning more than a bank manager in Nigeria" Only to later realized that 60% of this money will go to taxes and bills. Nigerians at home will also bill them

"Take pictures every day to pepper ignorant Nigerians at home" only to get tired after two months when reality knock

Add yours

I agree with you in all you said, but at list you paid for what you used, in Nigeria we're used to paying and not seeing a week constant light, other neighborhood will tap illegal connections and pay noting for years. You're being taxed for everything, but you get the quality of it back, remember from those money you paid, they keep maintaining the development you're enjoying there.
Here is mine and there is no two ways about it, find a work and pay your Taxes.
I ranted a big house and rented the rooms to other foreigners like me. You pay less or no rent monthly and share the utility bills. I pay other bills like car insurance yearly, auto revisions and annual road worthy tax, They're alot but will force you into getting work and be useful.
When you get Citizen you can choose to stay or return home to invest.
I encourage anybody that sees opportunities to travel to good places not Arab countries, work hard and the little you saved after paying Tax can change
Alot back home. This is mine only light alone, (gas/Heater) and refuse bill is coming.
African foodstuffs are expensive too, or you can manage their pasta meal.

1 Like

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by Goodman247: 11:54am On Mar 05, 2023
Did they cimplain to you, mischievous and evil people, focus on your life and stop being naughty
Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by Regex: 2:38pm On Mar 05, 2023
Una no deh tire for this useless topics?

1 Like

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by Emmanuel909090: 4:31pm On Mar 05, 2023
Lol
Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by JeffreyJunior: 4:50pm On Mar 05, 2023
Lol.

This reminds me of the day I left for work forgetting to turn off my central AC unit at the peak of summer. The stupid thing though in auto was just cooling an empty house at random. Imagine keeping the house temperature at 69 when the outside is in 90s. The AC just dey run dey go almost steady.

I nearly strangled myself at work that day and when my energy bill came for the billing cycle, small thing the amount for reach wetin dem dey use complete bungalow for Obosi. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by ccollins(m): 11:50pm On Mar 05, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
Lol.

This reminds me of the day I left for work forgetting to turn off my central AC unit at the peak of summer. The stupid thing though in auto was just cooling an empty house at random. Imagine keeping the house temperature at 69 when the outside is in 90s. The AC just dey run dey go almost steady.

I nearly strangled myself at work that day and when my energy bill came for the billing cycle, small thing the amount for reach wetin dem dey use complete bungalow for Obosi. cheesy
lo
Re: After Few Months In The Abroad, Everyone's Eye Become Open To Reality by Coquinoqui: 2:16am On Mar 06, 2023

Add yours

U forgot to mention u also get tax return...
To be honest with you, if you well documented you shouldn't have much trouble making it. I'm in the US i don't know where you are but there's a big difference when u have papers and when you don't.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Is There A Cinema In Abuja / Nigeria International Passport Enquiry / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.