Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust (54288 Views)

The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election / Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) / Senate Asks INEC To Announce June 12, 1993 Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by Ofunaofu: 10:56am On Mar 05, 2023
porthouse7:
8yrs of wailing

Just the same way you and I wailed the past 8years of the APC calamitous government
Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by fareed69(m): 11:03am On Mar 05, 2023
Penguin2:
For those who don’t understand complex composition, what Daily Trust Newspaper is saying is that the just concluded presidential election was a sham.

That the election shares a lot of similarities with 1993 election, and might as well share the annulment similarity with it.

Tinubu is not coming.

Go and block his way.

Peter Obi is coming.

Even the results INEC is currently uploading to its IREV portal is already at variance with what they announced manually.

Tinubu urchins are shitting in their pants.

That’s why they’ve been cold for 3 days now.

Ndi ala!

Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by Omowale2023(m): 11:04am On Mar 05, 2023
Penguin2:
For those who don’t understand complex composition, what Daily Trust Newspaper is saying is that the just concluded presidential election was a sham.

That the election shares a lot of similarities with 1993 election, and might as well share the annulment similarity with it.

Tinubu is not coming.

Peter Obi is coming.

Even the results INEC is currently uploading to its IREV portal is already at variance with what they announced manually.

Ndi ala!
Very true.
Edo state is totally different from what Inec announced. Please let's create a thread to review the results on IREV.
Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by fareed69(m): 11:04am On Mar 05, 2023
Penguin2:

Tinubu is not coming.

Peter Obi is coming.

Ndi ala!

Go and block his way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by Eriokanmi: 11:05am On Mar 05, 2023
Carthaporo:
sir put urself in tinubus shoe would u be happy if this election is declared null and voided no u would not hasn't been it was ur candidate dat won u will not be saying this the changes begins with u we need leaders with vision and capacity sir if u cannot change urself there's no way u can change others like me and any other young adult man out there the motivation will not work on me am a northerner I have my own candidate just like u but tinubu was well love by people around him and dats what give him the horse ride and at the end inec declare him as the winner all u need to do sir is to stand and pray for this country becos the mess up we are been confronting day in day out is beyond human control let's pray for the betterment of this nation sir ur country comes first before ur party I love this nation and an willing to sacrifice my life for the sake of this nation thank u sir hope u would understand me for u are an elder
Thank you very much. God bless Nigeria. Have a wonderful week ahead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by tuoyoojo(m): 11:05am On Mar 05, 2023
muyico:
Until buhari handed over to tinubu b4 i will blived him.

Rest easy my guy

Power will not be handed over to tilibu

You would see it happen

Mark this
Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by PassingShot(m): 11:08am On Mar 05, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Not because I lost

But because it was an electoral heist and you know it
Stop foaming in the mouth and prove what you allege.

Since your noise about rigging, the only rigged polling units' results we have seen are those of Eluu Pii, in Lagos and SE.

Make una get life for once.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by PassingShot(m): 11:10am On Mar 05, 2023
reddingtonblack:

Mko Abiola was the Man of the people, the biggest philanthropist of his time, he was seen as a friend to the poor and he lived up to it.
MkO was stupidly rich and had connection int'l, he was educated,sophisticated, fit mentally and physically no doubts.

He was do much loved that prior to the election people already picked a native attire branded SDP and at that time i remember people selling commodities for cheap prices just becos they felt MKO Abiola was going to be the president automatically life should be good. let me stop there

If you read somewhere MKO was bad or evil make we know .. my parent joined SDP then and everything in our house carried SDP stickers 🤣
But same MKO was rejected in the SE then. Bashir Tofa won there.

Tell us another story.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by Ofunaofu: 11:12am On Mar 05, 2023
PassingShot:

Stop foaming in the mouth and prove what you allege.

Since your noise about rigging, the only rigged polling units' results we have seen are those of Eluu Pii, in Lagos and SE.

Make una get life for once.

We will appreciate if the APC can go to court to challenge the victory of LP in Lagos and SE
Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by DollarSigns(m): 11:13am On Mar 05, 2023
dedonfranco:
Babangida said He is happy Tinubu won......This world.

Am very sure our president elect will do better

Abiola & Tinubu vision.

Who’s the richest politician in Nigeria and why won’t he be happy ?
Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by klbakare(m): 11:14am On Mar 05, 2023
Omoawoke:
angry

I only have these questions;

Why are all the Easterners, including the ones that don’t stay in Lagos or even outside the country all gathering their support for Chinedu GRV for Lagos State governor?

Why Lagos? Why not their own state?

Then some dumb SW guys forming woke are shining their teeth like Sudan ram following them

Same Omo ale chinedu GRV that can’t even speak Yoruba but speak Igbo fluently
Chinedu GRV that cannot hide his disdain for Yorubas and his obsession for Biafra agitation
The boy has no single manifesto. He speaks like a secondary school student; he will double salary and give agberos job—- that one na manifesto.

A whole Lagos state, 4th largest economy in the world.

Let me tell you something, Chinedu Gbadebo is clueless and very dull.. but that’s not the business if the igbos, no matter how dull and incompetent he is, their agenda is to see him win.
If Sanwo olu likes, let him sponsor all of them to Havard and Mit and give them housing and monthly stipends, they won’t still vote for him.
While you think you vote out of conscience, they are voting based on their agenda

It is your duty to come out massively and make sure you don’t let their selfish agenda come to pass, don’t sit at home and let an Omo ale take over Yoruba land

omo ale ni iran awon baba nla baba e. ko de ni ragba fun e.

Yoruba have good children. we support those Yoruba children with honour and integrity. gbadebo traced his ancestry to over 400 years ago and Igbo featured there and so? I am from Ibadan, Oyo state, my mother have told me that my great great ancestors from my paternal sides are Fulani/Niger people who settled at Ibadan. Hence, they rear animals in my father's house. When we all that claim heritage of a certain tribe, we might be surprised what we'll find there if we actually trace our genealogy. Politics is selecting the best option not tribes man.

and to even think that the immediate ancestry of GRV in the last 100 years is yoruba, what else do you want ? useless people, useless followers of a drug baron who looted lagos state treasury blind. wayray!
Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by porthouse7(f): 11:14am On Mar 05, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Just the same way you and I wailed the past 8years of the APC calamitous government
wail along with ur fellow igbos
Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by Ofunaofu: 11:18am On Mar 05, 2023
porthouse7:
wail along with ur fellow igbos

you will surely wail too
It went round the past 8 yrs
Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by QuotaSystem: 11:20am On Mar 05, 2023
Penguin2:

Tinubu is not coming.

Peter Obi is coming.

The author, while emphasizing the several similarities between the ‘93 and ‘23 elections, was very clear about the main difference between them, which ruled out annulment.

The main difference for now seems to be that while in 1993 the presumed winner was not formally announced and the results were annulled, in the 2023 exercise the results and winner nave been announced in other to render it a concluded matter, at least for now.

Teacher of complex composition.

It is a concluded matter 🇳🇬

Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by ejimatic: 11:23am On Mar 05, 2023
Yorubalandlord:

https://dailytrust.com/2023-polls-vs-june-12-1993-polls/
Where is the police woman behind Abiola today?
Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by trendo360: 11:29am On Mar 05, 2023
dedonfranco:
Babangida said He is happy Tinubu won......This world.

Am very sure our president elect will do better

Abiola & Tinubu vision.

Bababgida didnt say such.
Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by Goodlady(f): 11:30am On Mar 05, 2023
Yorubalandlord:

Thunder fire Daily Trust. So they are now stroking things to spite the southern victory. The north sef that's the usual criminals no talk..wetin sef?
Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by porthouse7(f): 11:34am On Mar 05, 2023
Ofunaofu:

you will surely wail too
It went round the past 8 yrs
I didn't wail for 8yrs of buhari na now wey enjoyment do enter country I go come wail
Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by Redhot0007: 11:35am On Mar 05, 2023
They are demanding your pvc for the serial code embedded in it. They will extract the codes and use it to pre-populate the INEC server for accredited voters. This will make it easier for them to allocate results to their candidates on the election day without questions. Be vigilant. Don't hand in your pvc to them. INEC should do something now to block them. Replace all the IT guys now, they are all compromised. If you can't replace them now, give them seriouse warning and put them under intensive 24hrs surveillance.
They want to rig professionally and flawless this time.
Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by Kaka77(m): 11:36am On Mar 05, 2023
Another similarity, Abiola campaign in 1993 is tagged Hope93, Tinubu campaign in 2023is tagged Renewed Hope 23.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by reddingtonblack: 11:36am On Mar 05, 2023
PassingShot:

But same MKO was rejected in the SE then. Bashir Tofa won there.

Tell us another story.

We are talking of open mind you are mentioning East,

East is the only region that carried gun and fought Nigeria, and till date they are still admant Nigeria must be destroyed it is there life ambition from generation to generation.

Do you know over 80% of a petition against Nigeria comes from East/igbos alone.

Tinubu is only governor that brought in non-indigenes like igbo into public office in Lagos .. Tinubu gave igbos unlimited access to buy land in lagos But it that same Tinubu they hate the most, igbos will rather vote devil with horn if he is contesting against Tinubu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by guru90: 11:41am On Mar 05, 2023
vision2050:
INEC should do better nextime.

Which next time......

INEC is 100% criminal organisations........
Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by Ofunaofu: 11:41am On Mar 05, 2023
porthouse7:
I didn't wail for 8yrs of buhari na now wey enjoyment do enter country I go come wail

Ok
Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by DesireV: 11:42am On Mar 05, 2023
Penguin2:

Since you want me to engage you, let me oblige you a little bit.

Of the 8 states you are asking where Obi got the remainder of his 25%, Obi got 25% in all Southwest states. I think INEC only recorded 25% for him in Lagos and Ondo.

But he got 25% in Ogun, Osun, Oyo and Ekiti.

Again he got 25% in Kwara, Bauchi, Kogi and Gombe.

We have not spoken about the fact that won Lagos by a higher margin.

He won Rivers.

He won Bayelsa.

He won Akwa Ibom.

He also won Delta by a higher margin.

He won Plateau by a higher margin.

See, I know why I said I didn’t want to engage you.

Because if Peter Obi was not the force you people are denying, then your drug lord wouldn’t have needed to recruit Wike to write results for him in Rivers or to pay INEC to switch off their server to give room for manipulations.

Now, despite the manipulations, look at what was obtained from IREV after INEC declared APC as winner of Obio-Akpor LGA in Rivers.

In sane society, nobody will be defending the sham INEC organized. But this is Nigeria.😏
I hope a random tweet isn't what LP will present to the judges as evidences.

What I simply asked for was spread, not winning margins. Infact, let's assume Obi had 2m votes in each of the 11 SE & SS states. Let's further assume he had 2m each in Lagos, Nasarawa, Plateau,Kogi, Benue, Taraba, & FCT while the other candidates had zero in all of these 18 states. He still needs 25% in 6 more states to satisfy spread requirement. Let's assume SW's liberality even gave him all of the Votes in Ekiti and Ondo, those are the 2 SW States with highest Christian population. Still 4 to go cheesy

To think Obi can have 50k people (if only 200k people voted) to vote for him in each of Osun, Ogun, Oyo, Kwara, Niger, Bauchi, Gombe is nothing but delusion of the highest order. I'm glad we both agreed on the 7 NW states. cheesy

Get this imprinted somewhere in your heart, nobody can ride ethnic/religious train to Aso rock. Those who drafted the constitution were smarter.
This exactly was what the smarter candidates knew that made them go into negotiations in all zones.
Wike working for APC is part of the negotiations. He wasn't asked to rig. Remember same Wike was your favourite when he was romancing Obi.

The analysis above is just the best case scenario for Obi. He can't have 25% in Ekiti and Ondo. Was just trying to see if we would reach 24 states.

He would definitely be required to prove that he had 25% in 24 states before his prayer of being declared can be granted. That's after he must have proven that the declared winner and the first runner up had lesser lawful votes than him.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by coachchijioke(m): 11:48am On Mar 05, 2023
1993 election is free and fair, 2023 election is neither free nor fair @yorubalandlord
Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by Prenonjebose: 11:50am On Mar 05, 2023
We wanted Abiola in order to end the hateful military rule. The same way many voted to end the rule of the present party's incompetence.
In 1993, Abiola received the vote and support of most Nigerians irrespective of tribe, and the election is adjudged the freest till date.
Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by ikpumbe(m): 11:51am On Mar 05, 2023
jeromestarks:
If you didn't marry a virgin woman you're doomed and you know it.
Divorce her now before you you lose your peace.

My guy what's this about virgin. Has anyone succeeded because he married a virgin or not.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by Bigchristo: 12:04pm On Mar 05, 2023
Yorubalandlord:

Nothing has really changed in this country since then
Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by GreaterFuture(m): 12:04pm On Mar 05, 2023
MichaelSokoto:

Of course!

I knw d number of my Igbo neighbors in Lagos dat queued up behind d SDP line dat yr.

I mean, igbos in Lagos MASSIVELY voted 4 Abiola dat yr.

So I don't understand all dis disownment of Gbadebo making d rounds up and down.

Abi Abiola was an Igbo man?
angry
Ok.
So people knew his character well, but still voted him? that's what I wanna be sure of, voted For him, for the reasons I stated above...
Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by saysugar(m): 12:06pm On Mar 05, 2023
JASONjnr:

Same thing now, we went for Obit because we want to decolonise Nigeria/Africa from the western countries still colonizing us on a low.

Also with the muslim/muslim ticket..... We can't afford to have a double Islamic people run this country.

And I believe, henceforth, we will begin to run a same faith ticket in Nigeria and that will equally stand!
what's wrong with Joe Boden and Kamala Christian Christian ticket?
Re: 2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust by Invitationn: 12:12pm On Mar 05, 2023
Ofunaofu:
While the 1993 election could best be described as the most transparent election Nigeria has ever had, the same cannot be said of what happened on the 25th February 2023

The 2023 presidential election can best be described as an electoral heist and the beneficiary knows that he is holding a stolen mandate
If the there’s a rerun now and the splintered 2019 PDP group(Atiku, Obi, Kwankwoso and G5) remains splintered, Tinubu will win again and again and again!
It beats me how anyone thought these fractured ex-PDP factions would win against a united APC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dr. Ismaila Farouk Blasts Osinbajo; Says He’s No Saint / Murray-Bruce Announced Bianca Ojukwu As Miss Intercontinental In 1989 (Video) / We Must Destroy This Country, Terrorist Who Fled Kuje Prison Boasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.