Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,374 members, 7,836,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Don't Ignore The Holy Spirit. - Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Ignore The Holy Spirit. - Pastor Chris (2318 Views)

26 Signs We Are Living In The End Time! Don't Ignore / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Ignore The Holy Spirit. - Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 3:57pm On Sep 14, 2011
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever (John 14:16).

Listening to the Holy Spirit and following His leading and guidance is so important in the life of every child of God. Many today have gotten into the wrong jobs, wrong relationships and made terrible decisions because they ignored the counsel of the Holy Spirit. God the Father is in heaven, and so is the Lord Jesus. But the Holy Spirit is here with us, as the administrator of the grace of Jesus Christ and the love of God in our lives today. He’s the one that makes the presence of the Lord Jesus real to us. He communicates the mind of the Father to everyone who has received Him.

No wonder Jesus, before His ascension said,

“And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abode with you for ever” (John 14:16).

Those who ignore the Holy Spirit can’t experience God’s love in reality. Life, without the Holy Spirit, is unexciting, hard, rough and tough. Someone once said, “The Christian life is very challenging; it’s fraught with too many problems.” Well, that’s for the one who ignores the Spirit. I’ve been a Christian for a long time and for me, it’s been a smooth sail, from glory to glory! My experience of life has been that of consistent progress, unending success and recurrent victory. It’s an awesome, wonderful and glorious experience, if you learn to walk with the Holy Spirit.

When you’re acquainted with the Holy Spirit you won’t consider any challenge you might face as obstacles to your faith; you’ll see them as bread. James 1:2 says count it all joy when you fall into divers tests. Why? There’s one living in you that helps you win and puts you over all of life’s challenges:

“Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world” (1 John 4:4).

The Holy Spirit was sent to help you live the overcoming life, and bear you up in times of weaknesses and limitations (Romans 8:26); never ignore him.

Recognize the personal ministry of the Holy Spirit in your life and learn to walk with Him. He’s more concerned and passionate about your success than you could ever be. And as you yield to Him, He’ll perfect all that concerns you and lead you from glory to glory.

Prayer
Thank you dear Spirit of God for you presence, power and ministry in my life! I recognize and acknowledge you as the One at work in me, causing me to make progress and excel in my faith-walk; leading me in greater levels of glory! I thank you for making me a success, and for bringing beauty into my life, in Jesus’ Name’ Amen.

Further Study
John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Re: Don't Ignore The Holy Spirit. - Pastor Chris by XavierEmeka(m): 10:33pm On Sep 14, 2011
Helo sir,how can i receive d holy spirit
Re: Don't Ignore The Holy Spirit. - Pastor Chris by Sweetnecta: 11:35am On Sep 15, 2011
@Joagbaje: Ask your pastor if he can tell you the name of the holy spirit. I have asked Seyibrown. I have asked Aletheia. I have asked Nuclearboy. If I ask you now, your condition will be the same as that of the persons listed; failure.

Just maybe the eminent pastor can be better. I doubt it though.

But I am sure, if I ask him or you the name of god the son, Jesus will be the name you will tell me in no time.

If I ask him or you the name of god the father, Jehovah or some other names you will tell me in no time.

The God said to Moses at the burning bush that His Name is I AM. Thats not a Name, but a title or a description. So are Yahweh, Jehovah, etc. Ellah from Jesus is not to me a description or title but a Name.

Give me the name of the Holy Spirit that the pastor said you must not ignore.

And while you are at it, ask when did the "That Prophet" Come or will Come? Remember John the son of Zacharias said he was not the That Prophet? Jesus, the Christ was not the That Prophet, either. Who was the That Prophet?

These are the things I believe from the pages of the Bibles.
Re: Don't Ignore The Holy Spirit. - Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Joagbaje: Ask your pastor if he can tell you the name of the holy spirit. I have asked Seyibrown. I have asked Aletheia. I have asked Nuclearboy. If I ask you now, your condition will be the same as that of the persons listed; failure.
Just maybe the eminent pastor can be better. I doubt it though.

I don't need to ask Pastorvchris. The bible is clear. There is no other special name for the holy spirit . He is described by his works . But if you want a name he answers to . It I'd the NAME JESUS
Re: Don't Ignore The Holy Spirit. - Pastor Chris by Sweetnecta: 2:38pm On Sep 15, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ lol.

just as i have thought. Jesus and or Yahweh were not named the 'holy spirit' or 'father' and or 'son'.

when it came to the holy spirit, the rule of the game changes.

we see the gimmick and lack of truth in the process.

I laugh in agbaje's local government language.

if you ask your pastor, he will give a weak answer, not better than what you gave here.

the difference may be that he will cajole everyone with theatrics. I don't fall for emptiness.
Re: Don't Ignore The Holy Spirit. - Pastor Chris by Headcoach: 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2011
@Joagbaje l want u to tel us more about Holy spirit. what are the signs one wil see when one receiv Holy spirit thanks in anticpation

(1) (Reply)

Awesome Name Of JEHOVAH In YORUBA / Spirits In The Clouds / Prayers To Crush The Seat And Decision Of Evil Elders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.