Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Did Buhari Just Oversaw The Biggest Heist In Africa Yet? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Buhari Just Oversaw The Biggest Heist In Africa Yet? (292 Views)

PDP To Buhari: "Just Go! Nigerians Don't Want A Successor From You" / Is President Buhari Just Plain Unconcerned What Becomes Of Nigeria & Nigerians? / Bakare: Religious Leaders Visit Buhari Just To Take Photographs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Buhari Just Oversaw The Biggest Heist In Africa Yet? by LocalStandard1(m): 9:10pm On Mar 05, 2023
Trust me, this is putting it as mildly as can be.

1.| I tried checking how much exactly it costs Nigeria to produce and deliver the entirety of the BVAS technology. It was passed to law and serious money started being allocated to it. Different sources seem to put the figures differently. But one thing is certain, tens and tens and tens and tens and tens of billions of Nigerian Naira was spent on it. Hundreds according to some sources. Literally! It was ment to combat and eliminate rigging, enhance transparency. Did it work?

I am just getting started here.

2.| Buhari last year went on to announce that Nigeria will change its currency design. Hurriedly, they changed colour and hurriedly they put a deadline to the circulation of the old notes. Among many reasons for the change of currency the most popular being "to fight and stop or reduce vote buying, money politics and pump in untraced and unbanked money into the banking system". To also fight the infamous corruption. Did it work?

Hold on now!

3.| Buhari has made and released many statements about the elections and that it will be the freest and most transparent, fairest and secured yet. We believed it. Wholly!

Stay with me!!

4.| They went on to add more than fifty thousand more Poling Units. That is almost half of the more than 120k PUs already in existence. Still, this is the lowest numbers from an election since 1999, with more than 200m people, double the population since. Not that people didn't turn out enmass to vote, PUs were filled up and voting continued till the next day in many areas. But the numbers from INEC said otherwise, against the record turnout many people said they saw. See here....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/amp/nigeriadecidesliveupdates/article/nigerias-voter-turnout-falls-to-lowest-ever-as-tinubu-wins/?espv=1

These and many more, yet absolutely nothing, not a single policy or breakthrough of Muhammadu Buhari GCFR worked. Zilch, zero, non!!!

See, I tried to fathom and understand what we have experienced and are still experiencing from Buhari and his administration. I still cannot understand or say if it is absolute failure or well thought-out, carefully planned sham.

Whatever it is one thing's certain, Buhari and his administration have done us a strong one. Very strong one indeed, and we together with Nigeria as a country have been hoodwinked. Big time!!!

Re: Did Buhari Just Oversaw The Biggest Heist In Africa Yet? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 05, 2023
LocalStandard1:
Trust me, this is putting it as mildly as can be.

1.| I tried checking how much exactly it costs Nigeria to produce and deliver the entirety of the BVAS technology. It was passed to law and serious money started being allocated to it. Different sources seem to put the figures differently. But one thing is certain, tens and tens and tens and tens and tens of billions of Nigerian Naira was spent on it. Hundreds according to some sources. Literally! It was ment to combat and eliminate rigging, enhance transparency. Did it work?

I am just getting started here.

2.| Buhari last year went on to announce that Nigeria will change its currency design. Hurriedly, they changed colour and hurriedly they put a deadline to the circulation of the old notes. Among many reasons for the change of currency the most popular being "to fight and stop or reduce vote buying, money politics and pump in untraced and unbanked money into the banking system". To also fight the infamous corruption. Did it work?

Hold on now!

3.| Buhari has made and released many statements about the elections and that it will be the freest and most transparent, fairest and secured yet. We believed it. Wholly!

Stay with me!!

4.| They went on to add more than fifty thousand more Poling Units. That is almost half of the more than 120k PUs already in existence. Still, this is the lowest numbers from an election since 1999, with more than 200m people, double the population since. Not that people didn't turn out enmass to vote, PUs were filled up and voting continued till the next day in many areas. But the numbers from INEC said otherwise, against the record turnout many people said they saw. See here....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/amp/nigeriadecidesliveupdates/article/nigerias-voter-turnout-falls-to-lowest-ever-as-tinubu-wins/?espv=1

These and many more, yet absolutely nothing, not a single policy or breakthrough of Muhammadu Buhari GCFR worked. Zilch, zero, non!!!

See, I tried to fathom and understand what we have experienced and are still experiencing from Buhari and his administration. I still cannot understand or say if it is absolute failure or well thought-out, carefully planned sham.

Whatever it is one thing's certain, Buhari and his administration have done us a strong one. Very strong one indeed, and we together with Nigeria as a country have been hoodwinked. Big time!!!
Damn this thoughtful

1 Like

Re: Did Buhari Just Oversaw The Biggest Heist In Africa Yet? by brain54(m): 9:31pm On Mar 05, 2023
Buhari…

The biggest failure I know of. Not a single policy to show for in 8 years. Nothing worked under him.

I am ashamed of buhari.

Failure personified!

They is absolutely no way Tinubu won’t perform better than him. Even a stone as president would do better than buhari.

I look forward to a better Nigeria under Tinubu.

I suspect he won’t disappoint!
Re: Did Buhari Just Oversaw The Biggest Heist In Africa Yet? by sweetonugbu: 10:06pm On Mar 05, 2023
You are right

1 Like

Re: Did Buhari Just Oversaw The Biggest Heist In Africa Yet? by Princessstee: 10:14pm On Mar 05, 2023
The problem is that many of you are not conscious of your environment and its a pity..you must be a fool if you think we can have a free and fair election in Nigeria even in the next 50 years, why and how?

in the first place, the general election is heavily flawed, why is this? According to statistics only about 25 million people voted, this is just about 10% of the general population. The choice of the majority can never be known in just that small percent and it no where near fair. So your votes don't mean shit for now!

For many other important reasons i can't state here, the president of Nigeria will the selected by top people that's why you need to be a strong and powerful person to be the president. Its not a 8 months job.

#shalom

(1) (Reply)

Some Governor Obaseki’s Achievement. / Bring Back SARS.... Immediately At Least For Northern Nigeria / APC Chairman Admits February 25 Polls Not Perfect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.