Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,282 members, 7,867,752 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:32 PM

Labour Party Auctioned Eti-Osa Federal Constituency Ticket To Highest Bidder - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Party Auctioned Eti-Osa Federal Constituency Ticket To Highest Bidder (501 Views)

Banky W, Obanikoro Lose As Labour Party Wins Eti-Osa Federal Constituency Seat / Mercy Johnson 's Husband, Odi Okojie Wins Esan Fed Constituency Ticket (APC) / Banky W Wins PDP Primaries & Reps Ticket For Eti-Osa Federal Constituency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Labour Party Auctioned Eti-Osa Federal Constituency Ticket To Highest Bidder by opamoses1: 5:41am On Mar 06, 2023
A lawyer and human rights activist, Ayo Ademiluyi told SaharaReporters that he is the authentic winner of the party’s ticket won during the primary election that was held in the constituency on May 27, 2022.

The Labour Party’s National Stakeholders have been accused of auctioning and selling Eti-Osa Federal Constituency Ticket to the highest bidder, Mr Thaddeus Attah.

A lawyer and human rights activist, Ayo Ademiluyi told SaharaReporters that he is the authentic winner of the party’s ticket won during the primary election that was held in the constituency on May 27, 2022.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) earlier declared Mr Attah of the Labour Party as the Eti-Osa Federal Constituency seat winner in the House of Representatives. Prof Funmilayo Odukoya, who is the INEC Returning Officer, made the declaration last Monday.

Attah won with 24,075 votes, beating his counterparts, Mr Olubankole Wellington (Banky W) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), who polled 18,666 votes, and Mr Babjide Obanikoro of the APC, who polled 16, 901 votes.

However, while speaking to SaharaReporters, Ayo Ademiluyi said, “I emerged as the bonafide candidate of the Labour Party through the primaries conducted on May 27, 2022, which is the period afforded under the Electoral Act, 2022.

“However, as soon as the National Convention of June 1st, 2023 came with the emergence of Peter Obi, a flood of new entrants entered the party.

“The Labour Party national leadership refused to forward my name as they wanted to sell the ticket to the highest bidder.

“The Labour Party national leadership refused to forward my name to INEC. But how it worked out was that they went ahead to organise a false "substitution" primary in which Attah, the false claimant to the mandate emerged.

“They forwarded his name to INEC but they refused to publish it.

“They now went ahead to Federal High Court, Abuja. They lost. They went ahead to the Court of Appeal, Abuja. The Court of Appeal gave them a favourable judgment.

“We were not aware. We were at the Federal High Court, asking for an order for INEC to publish our name. On the day of judgment before Justice Aneke, we met another set of elements to which Attah belonged. When we got wind of the Court of Appeal judgment, we appealed to the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court struck out our case.

“This is why INEC complied with the Court of Appeal judgment. However, some other guys in Attah's camp went to the Supreme Court again. They filed two appeals. They have now unwittingly given us the platform to raise our issues.?

“We will be filing what we lawyers call Cross-Appeal at the Supreme Court this week to ask the Supreme Court to order INEC to withdraw his Certificate of Return and hand it over to me,” he added.

Likewise, a group from the constituency, Eti-Osa People's Movement released a statement on Monday describing Ademiluyi as the authentic winner of the legislative election which was held in the constituency on Saturday.

The statement reads: “We, the Eti-Osa People's Movement heartily congratulate AYODELE ADEMILUYI, the Bonafide candidate of Labour Party on his victory as winner in Eti-Osa Federal Constituency seat in the House of Representatives.

“The Labour Party polled 24,075 to beat Olubankole Wellington (Banky W) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), who had 18,666 votes, and Babajide Obanikoro of the APC, who had 16, 901 votes.

“Ayodele Ademiluyi, a leading #EndSARS activist, is the bonafide candidate that emerged from the 27th May, 2023 Primaries conducted by the Labour Party within the period prescribed by the Electoral Act, 2022.

“Ayodele Ademiluyi, a legal practitioner was a Co-Counsel to the #EndSARS Protesters during the Lagos State Panel of Inquiry into SARS-Related Abuses and the Investigation into the Lekki Massacre.

“During his campaign, he has promised to utilise his seat as Member of House of Representatives to reopen the struggle for justice for the victims of #LekkiMassacre.

“He has equally pledged to reopen the struggle for countless communities in Eti-Osa Federal Constituency which were dislodged by illegal demolitions.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/trouble-in-labour-party-over-eti-osa-rep-seat/

https://saharareporters.com/2023/02/28/how-labour-party-auctioned-eti-osa-federal-constituency-ticket-sold-it-highest-bidder

Re: Labour Party Auctioned Eti-Osa Federal Constituency Ticket To Highest Bidder by 40Bullets: 5:45am On Mar 06, 2023
Lol...see as everyone is rushing a "structureless" party o.

Indeed, a new Nigeria is POssible
Re: Labour Party Auctioned Eti-Osa Federal Constituency Ticket To Highest Bidder by Toneypen247(m): 5:48am On Mar 06, 2023
Lol

Fake news
Re: Labour Party Auctioned Eti-Osa Federal Constituency Ticket To Highest Bidder by helinues: 5:49am On Mar 06, 2023
The Guber election across Nigeria is going to be btw Apc and PLP (People Labour Party) grin

Lp will return to the original status quo as Obi don carry bad luck enter the party.

When Emeka is the LP coordinator in Borno state, Okonkwo is for Nassarawa even for the fact that the party have old loyal members before the arrival of Obi

Re: Labour Party Auctioned Eti-Osa Federal Constituency Ticket To Highest Bidder by michlins(m): 5:52am On Mar 06, 2023
Suddenly this is the new bride.

Just because they won now, everyone is doing everything to be part of their success story. Imagine if LP didn't do well for themselves in this election, the amount of insults they will be receiving now

Try again in 2027 but this time,be serious with your campaign
Re: Labour Party Auctioned Eti-Osa Federal Constituency Ticket To Highest Bidder by SmartPolician: 6:42am On Mar 06, 2023
See them!! I am sure Ayo Ademiluyi never knew Thaddeus Attah stood a chance, considering that he was up against Bankole Wellington (Banky W) and Ibrahim Obanikoro.

Now that Attah has won, Ademiluyi has started wailing and threatening to take the party to court. How come he didn't complain all this while? The answer is simple - he didn't believe that Labour Party was ever going to win that position.

I never did myself until I saw the party clear my 4 PUs, even without voters knowing the candidate. I wish Labour Party had a candidate for senate in Eti-Osa. It would have been a straight win for the person too 🥱🥱

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Appeal Court Grants Inec’s Request To Reconfigure Bvas For Guber Poll / Moment Tony Elumelu Calls Tinubu Last Man Standing And Hug Him(video) / Nigerians React As Peter Obi’s Obidients Close Alternative Result Collation Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.