Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did (2434 Views)

2023: Igbos Get Rid Of IPOB Now, Before It's Late. / How Igbos Get Rich Hawking Gala + What Governor Fayose Did / Can Igbos Get This- Apc Will Only Lose Election In SE Or SS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by Philgafauto: 9:54am On Mar 06, 2023
I went into my Facebook page and all I saw was bigoted and hateful Yorubas making this coming gubernatorial elections about igbos’ plan to take over Lagos. I had to run out of there because I was disgusted by the messages all preaching hate and fear of the igbos—who I know are harmless because I’m educated and enlightened and I have risen above tribalism.

Even though we all know all the hate and fear mongering by Yorubas are huge lies meant to destroy this country’ unity, what have igbo leaders said about this issue igbos are facing in Lagos?

I feel so sorry that igbos have been subjected to this humiliation in their own country just because they have leaders who don’t love them. This constant cry and hate by we Yorubas against igbos is so wrong and we all know Tinubu is to blame for all these. But what have igbos and their leaders done about this? When we tell igbos to endeavor to go back home and build and stay in igbo land, they think we are hating them. Now igbos have to be made the boogey man at every election season because Tinubu and hateful Yorubas alway want APC to win Lagos.

The fact is that millions of Yorubas (myself inclusive) voted against APC on February 25th and we will vote against APC on Saturday, March 11th. Despite this clear fact, hateful and mostly illiterate Yorubas (many educated Yorubas too) will always make every election season about igbos because we have been defeated by igbos on our land just based on hardwork.

Like I keep saying, I blame the igbos for their love for and influx into Lagos. While you have a right to live anywhere in Nigeria as citizens of this country, you should know that Nigeria has not matured into nationhood and the claim of One Nigeria is in name only and doesn’t translate into real unity.

Having said all these, it brings me back to the theme this of this thread: igbo leaders are weak and ineffectual. How can this kind of hate be directed towards igbos at every election season in Lagos and igbo leaders will keep quiet? Why do Igbo leaders like money so much more than their own self esteem and the pride of their tribe? Every time, Yorubas in Lagos disgrace igbos in their country and threaten violence and expulsion against them and igbo leaders just look away?

Igbos too have their own blame in all these mess. They have abandoned their homeland and now take another man’s land as their own. While I don’t believe igbos constitute any threat to Yorubas and I even want Igbos to remain because they enrich our land and culture, the fact is that most Yorubas are tribalistic and hateful. The constant attacks on Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour by hateful Yorubas is being veiled as a pushback against igbo takeover of Lagos. This strategy used against gbadebo is a veiled attack against our igbo brothers in disguise. We have been bested by fellow country men who are hardworking and enterprising and now want to chase them out.

The long term solution still remains that igbos must evolve in their ways and method of operating their business by ploughing their resources back home and live in igboland. I have been to Enugu before and I stayed there for one year for a program and I enjoyed it. So I wonder why igbos always flee the place. It’s this constant migration from igbo land that has given hateful Yorubas the temerity to belittle igbos.

While some of Nnamdi Kanu’s messages were hateful, the bulk of his messages to igbos were truthful and came from a place of love. He truly cares and all he said have manifested. These constant hateful and xenophobic narratives from hateful Yorubas will soon lead to avoidable violence if igbo leaders don’t come out in defence of igbos. Their silence amid the humiliation being meted to igbos is inexcusable and just goes to show how bad igbos have had it when it comes to leadership and politics.

The ball is in igbos’ court to pick themselves up and prove to the world that they are a great tribe by eschewing every intra-tribal hate and competition to engender an igbo renaissance which will lead to the rapid repatriation of material and human resources to igbo land. The impact of that conscious movement to develop igboland will shame igbo detractors and haters and will elevate igbos to their rightful place amongst the various tribes in the Nigerian contraption.

NB: This thread has progressed very badly due to the rudeness, pride and stubbornness of some igbos who responded. I opened this thread to advocate for igbos but one spare part dealer in a 2 by 2 shop just insulted me due to the innate pride in most igbos. Maybe we liberal Yorubas should leave you alone to be dealt with. I’m disgusted already.

1 Like

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by chamboi1: 10:06am On Mar 06, 2023
That's why they Hate Tinubu like hell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by Philgafauto: 10:09am On Mar 06, 2023
chamboi1:
That's why they Hate Tinubu like hell

Is the hate not justified? I’m yoruba and I loathe Tinubu too. So it’s not about igbos only.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by chamboi1: 10:10am On Mar 06, 2023
Philgafauto:

Is the hate not justified? I’m yoruba and I loathe Tinubu too. So it’s not about igbos only.
how? Tell me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by chamboi1: 10:11am On Mar 06, 2023
Igbos are Tribal Bigots and they practice Emotional politics.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by helinues: 10:12am On Mar 06, 2023
The way Nnamdi Kanu is going to curse some people after the SC judgement if they call his name cos they traded him for Obi's presidency

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by Philgafauto: 10:13am On Mar 06, 2023
chamboi1:
how? Tell me.

Is Tinubu an exemplary individual? Will Baba Obafemi Awolowo be happy that such a person is a political leader in yorubaland? I’m disgusted by the man and his way of doubly politics.

He’s a thug and should not be emulated by any real omoluabi. What are you saying?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by OfoIgbo: 10:14am On Mar 06, 2023
Just to correct you, Nnamdi Kanu is not my leader

Nnamdi Kanu also does not have what it takes to be my leader

Peter Obi is closer to being my leader than Nnamdi Kanu.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by Philgafauto: 10:14am On Mar 06, 2023
helinues:
The way Nnamdi Kanu is going to curse some people after the SC judgement if they call his name cos they traded him for Obi's presidency

That is for igbos to determine. They have a lot of work to do amongst themselves.

1 Like

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by Philgafauto: 10:15am On Mar 06, 2023
OfoIgbo:
Just to correct you, Nnamdi Kanu is not my leader

Nnamdi Kanu also does not have what it takes to be my leader

Peter Obi is closer to being my leader than Nnamdi Kanu.

But has he not been vindicated?

Are you happy with how you’re being humiliated in your own country?

Forget the messenger and look at the message.

Devoid of the hateful messages and the violence, the man was right & he loves you igbos. Think about it.

1 Like

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by chamboi1: 10:15am On Mar 06, 2023
Tell me on competence grounds how your candidate better than Sanwo olu. I'll respect your decision.

But if you're doing it just to follow Trend.
Because of them say Tinubu owns everything in lagos without any conclusive evidence.
Because your emotion is hurt that Tinubu won the presidential election.

You're a politically illiterate and bigot!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by helinues: 10:17am On Mar 06, 2023
Philgafauto:

That is for igbos to determine. They have a lot of work to do amongst themselves.

No be those who dey reflect on their past activities fit see what they are doing wrong, after the SC judgement they will distract themselves with so many jargons.. You think Tinubu won't also receive some of what they accused Buhari for?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by Philgafauto: 10:17am On Mar 06, 2023
chamboi1:
Tell me on competence grounds how your candidate better than Sanwo olu. I'll respect your decision.

But if you're doing it just to follow Trend.
Because of them say Tinubu owns everything in lagos without any conclusive evidence.
Because your emotion is hurt that Tinubu won the presidential election.

You're a politically illiterate and bigot!!!

Bigot? Tinubu is a yoruba like me but he’s not a standard to be emulated or envied. He stole the election and the mandate will be retrieved if we actually have a Supreme Court in this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by chamboi1: 10:17am On Mar 06, 2023
Philgafauto:

Is Tinubu an exemplary individual? Will Baba Obafemi Awolowo be happy that such a person is a political leader in yorubaland? I’m disgusted by the man and his way of doubly politics.

He’s a thug and should not be emulated by any real omoluabi. What are you saying?
Are you freaking kidding me. You're definitely a kid and just acting out of emotions like the others.

4 Likes

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by chamboi1: 10:18am On Mar 06, 2023
Philgafauto:

Bigot? Tinubu is a yoruba like me but he’s not a standard to be replicated or envied. He stole the election and the mandate will be retrieved if we actually have a Supreme Court in this country.
do you have any conclusive evidence vetted by a court to justify this claim.

4 Likes

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by Philgafauto: 10:18am On Mar 06, 2023
helinues:

No be those who dey reflect on their past activities fit see what they are doing wrong, after the SC judgement they will distract themselves with so many jargons.. You think Tinubu won't also receive some of what they accused Buhari for?

They have serious problems and they don’t even want to acknowledge their own issues.

But they have good reasons not to like Tinubu. Many Yorubas loathe Tinubu too.

Igbos have to get their shit together.
Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by Philgafauto: 10:19am On Mar 06, 2023
chamboi1:
do you have any conclusive evidence vetted by a court to justify this claim.

The evidence will be presented in court. It’s a process. The opposition parties are on it.

Are you rushing?
Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by Philgafauto: 10:20am On Mar 06, 2023
chamboi1:
Are you freaking kidding me. You're definitely a kid and just acting out of emotions like the others.

I’m saying the truth and you know it.

He’s not an exemplary leader by any stretch. He has too many ethical and criminal baggages to be someone to be looked up to.
Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by chamboi1: 10:22am On Mar 06, 2023
Philgafauto:

The evidence will be presented in court. It’s a process. The opposition parties are on it.

Are you rushing?
and if they don't win base on inconclusive evidence that I have seen flying the social space sofar
Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by Ckonnet: 10:23am On Mar 06, 2023
Nnamdi is the leader of Igbos and not igbos.
Power is totally decentralized in igbo land so understand that and have peace. We dont have a king because everyone is a king in igbo land as long as you can take care of yourself and your family. Reason we don't hope and wait for govt handout or enslave ourselves to one purported leader.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by chamboi1: 10:24am On Mar 06, 2023
Philgafauto:

They have serious problems and they don’t even want to acknowledge their own issues.

I'm not forcing anyone to hate BAT. But igbos are bloody doublestandard. They'll protect their own people and we yorubas are easy to jump on useless trends or wokeness.

Till date CSP Okafor can't be found and Obi is not even talking about it.

5 Likes

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by Philgafauto: 10:24am On Mar 06, 2023
Ckonnet:
Nnamdi is the leader of Igbos and not igbos.
Power is totally decentralized in igbo land so understand that and have peace. We dont have a king because everyone is a king in igbo land as long as you can take care of yourself and your family. Reason we don't hope and wait for govt handout or enslave ourselves to one purported leader.

Then you shall continue to be slaves in Nigeria.

No be swear. Some of us love you guys but una no dey listen and una pride too much.

Nnamdi Kanu is the only leader you have who cares about you—his hateful rhetoric and violent method notwithstanding.

We are actually pitying you for how you’re being messed up and threatened in Lagos but it seems you guys never listen.
Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by Philgafauto: 10:26am On Mar 06, 2023
chamboi1:
I'm not forcing anyone to hate BAT. But igbos are bloody doublestandard. They'll protect their own people and we yorubas are easy to jump on useless trends or wokeness.

Till date CSP Okafor can't be found and Obi is not even talking about it.

You’re very correct. They have serious issues. Some of us just pity them for how they are being treated.

They cannot escape the reality that they have to develop their land and majority of them stay there. The alternative is constant disgrace and humiliation.
Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by helinues: 10:28am On Mar 06, 2023
Philgafauto:

See if I explained all what transpired during the acclaimed Lekki massacre on this forum, it might affect the forum itself so it's not something that can't be discussed here. All the narratives was concorted by few people but the yeyebrities help them with the promotion, reason why most of them stayed out of this year election cos it cots some of them their career

1 Like

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by chamboi1: 10:29am On Mar 06, 2023
Please if you don't have any conclusive evidence to back your claims please don't channel it near me.

I want the following.

1. A court judgement deeming the accused as being guilty.
2. URl or documents to Government/Court Achive for prosecution.
NB: if you have any evidence of the following. Nacro, Illicit Wealth from government funds, Corruption and Election Manipulation. Please forward your evidence to a court of competence. Not until then FEM

2 Likes

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by Ckonnet: 10:31am On Mar 06, 2023
Philgafauto:

Then you shall continue to be slaves in Nigeria.

No be swear. Some of us love you guys but una no dey listen and una pride too much.

Nnamdi Kanu is the only leader you have who cares about you—his hateful rhetoric and violent method notwithstanding.

We are actually pitying you for how you’re being messed up and threatened in Lagos but it seems you guys never listen.

Someone will be typing nonsense from his hut in kwara state where a fulani man is an emir,do you even understand the meaning of slavery. We run your consumer based economy from north to south, just accept it even Buhari your master called us 5% and close your borders but at the end of the day SE is on top of the food chain while his north is the poorest region.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by Philgafauto: 10:31am On Mar 06, 2023
helinues:

See if I explained all what transpired during the Lekki massacre on this forum, it might affect the forum itself so it's not something that can be discussed here.

But I don’t like the way you guys have turned the election against them like they are not Nigerians.

True, they are a deeply flawed people but I don’t think they are harmful to we Yorubas. I still feel safer with them compared to hausas.

Their issue is a small one that can be mitigated with specific policies targeted at curtailing them. Why the violence and hate? Is this what Papa Awolowo would have done?
Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by Philgafauto: 10:32am On Mar 06, 2023
Ckonnet:

Someone will be typing nonsense from his hut in kwara state where a fulani man is an emir,do you even understand the meaning of slavery. We run your consumer based economy from north to south, just accept it even Buhari your master called us 5% and close your borders but at the end of the day SE is on top of the food chain while his north is the poorest region.

Toh….I’m not in Kwara. I dey gidi.

Your pride will be your downfall. Some of us are taking serious flak for your sake but all you do is insult us.

No wahala.

2 Likes

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by Philgafauto: 10:33am On Mar 06, 2023
Ckonnet:

You’re a slave if you can’t lead.

My children will be leaders in Nigeria before your children.

You think this is a joke?

1 Like

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by chamboi1: 10:33am On Mar 06, 2023
If GRV wins lagos election. I wish him all the best. But I just don't like that he is getting voters empthaty.

GRV, Jandor and Sanwo should be compared based on competence not tribal divise, themsay Lagos- Daddy, Voters Political illiteracy.....

1 Like

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by chamboi1: 10:34am On Mar 06, 2023
Philgafauto:

But I don’t like the way you guys have turned the election against them like they are not Nigerians.

True, they are a deeply flawed people but I don’t think they are harmful to we Yorubas. I still feel safer with them compared to hausas.

Their issue is a small one that can be mitigated with specific policies targeted at curtailing them. Why the violence and hate? Is this what Papa Awolowo would have done?
Bro they started it. TRUST ME.

2015, when many people were voting for Ambode based on Fashola's performance. I don't know about anywhere but I know about my street in Mushin, Lagos
The Igbos had meeting to vote for PDP based on what reason abeg.

1 Like

Re: IGBOS, Get In Here And See What One of Yours Did by Philgafauto: 10:37am On Mar 06, 2023
chamboi1:
If GRV wins lagos election. I wish him all the best. But I just don't like that he is getting voters empthaty.

GRV, Jandor and Sanwo should be compared based on competence not tribal divise, themsay Lagos- Daddy, Voters Political illiteracy.....

I’m indifferent to who wins Lagos. I just don’t like the tribal turn the election has taken.

If I am to look at the behavior of some igbos, I will just look away and say they deserve all the hate they get. You can see one of them insulting me and saying they are at the top of the food chain even after I opened this thread for their sake.

If Tinubu enters, I will enjoy his government very well but my conscience who just allow me be tribal but the behavior and stubbornness of igbos is very discouraging.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbos Warn Asari Dokubo And MC Oluomo - Don't Test Our Patience. / We Didn’t Know About Tinubu’s Drug Offense Before The Election – INEC Cries Out. / Thread On Power Vs Money And The Igbo Tribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.