Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,150 members, 7,842,306 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise (1394 Views)

‘You Don’t Know History’, Asari-Dokubo Slams Those Saying Binis Founded Lagos / Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai / Is Atiku The Owner Of Tiger Skyscraper Estate In Dubai? - Fact Check (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Fut9ure: 11:11am On Mar 06, 2023
Like I said

Why are yorubas always running away from the truth

Just look for an elderly man ow woman in yoruba and ask them

They will reveal everything to you
Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by ihimiray(m): 11:47am On Mar 06, 2023
Biodun556:

How come out of over 50 Lagos monarchs, only 1 has Benin origin?

Even the one with Benin origin is surrounded by Yoruba chiefs.

A Yoruba tribe tribe called Awori is the owner of larger % of Lagos, followed by Ijebus, then Egbas, then Oguns then slave returnees
see am from Edo state and I know my history....though the first oba of Lagos is a Benin man...they met people here which are the aworis..just like the Fulani are king in ilorin doesn't make ilorin a Fulani land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by ruffbam(m): 12:01pm On Mar 06, 2023
Is God not wonderful? Lagos will now be counted as South South and part of the Lagos IGR will be shared to Ọba of Benin 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Some people need brain check
Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Fut9ure: 12:13pm On Mar 06, 2023
ruffbam:
Is God not wonderful? Lagos will now be counted as South South and part of the Lagos IGR will be shared to Ọba of Benin 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Some people need brain check

You are trying to be funny to heal yourself of the obvious truth

Sorry
Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by ruffbam(m): 12:22pm On Mar 06, 2023
Fut9ure:

You are trying to be funny to heal yourself of the obvious truth

Sorry

What truth are you talking about? The first tenant in your house is the owner of your house? Eko is a city with king also Ikeja, Egbeda, Ikorodu, Mushin, Iba, Isheri are cities with their respective kings.
You get that?

2 Likes

Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Fut9ure: 1:19pm On Mar 06, 2023
ruffbam:

What truth are you talking about? The first tenant in your house is the owner of your house? Eko is a city with king also Ikeja, Egbeda, Ikorodu, Mushin, Iba, Isheri are cities with their respective kings.
You get that?

So a tenant will name your father's land eko?

Your education is a waste
Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Strikethem: 7:15am On Mar 13, 2023
Fut9ure:

Do you even know the meaning of eko?

Are you aware of the people who named it

How can Slaves send on errand to lagos meet people in lagos but yet the Slaves named lagos eko?
Eko means war camp.

I repeat, do as I say. Go to benin, go and ask your king to open up to you.

I don't have time to argue here.

They didn't own ondo that shared boundary with them, but jumped ondo and ogun to own lagos.

Your brain is truly leaking.
Re: The Owner Of Lagos Is Edo People, Binis To Be Precise by Biodun556(m): 8:11am On Mar 13, 2023

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Chairman Reacts To Report Of Peter Obi Winning In Rivers State (VIDEO) / Seun mourns death of Renewed Hope as Tinubu Supporter be Tinubu to say something / Igbos Hate Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.