Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch (18185 Views)

Simon Ekpa, 96 Others Declared Wanted By DHQ (Names & Pictures) / Emefiele's Wife, 3 Others Declared Wanted By EFCC / Breaking News!! Tompolo, Ateke, Farah Dagogo Others Declared Wanted!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by chokekachy: 2:58pm On Mar 06, 2023
Police in Ebonyi State have declared the governorship candidate of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA), Ifeanyi Odoh, wanted.

Mr Odoh and nine others were declared wanted on Monday over the murder of a monarch, Igbokwe Ewa.

Background
Some gunmen killed the monarch last Monday in his country home.

He was, until his death, the traditional ruler of the Umu-Ezekoha Community in the Ezza North Local Government Area.

Following his death last week, the All Progressive Congress (APC), which is the ruling party in the state, had accused Mr Odoh and his supporters of having a hand in the monarch’s death.

But Mr Odoh denied the allegations, stating that the monarch, who hails from the same local government as him, was like a father to him.

The police spokesperson in Ebonyi State, Onome Onovwakpoyeya, in a statement on Monday declared Mr Odoh and nine others wanted over the murder of the monarch.

The nine others, according to the police, are Samuel Onyekachi Aligwe, Peter Orogwu (aka one boy), Chukwudi Aliewa (aka Ezza) and Chika Ezealigbo.

Others are Nnaemeka Egede (aka Champaign), Nnabuike Okohu, Ogobuchi Agbom (aka Okiri), Nonso Obasi, and Ikechukwu Nwoba (aka Solid).

The police appealed for information from the public that could lead to the arrest of the suspects.

PREMIUM TIMES could not immediately reach Mr Odoh for his comment as he did not respond to calls from our reporter.

His media aide, Charles Otu, did not also respond to calls from our reporter.

Increase in political violence
Ebonyi State has become notorious for political violence in the lead-up to the general elections, with frequent attacks on opposition candidates in the state.

Some gunmen, late last year, attacked Mr Odoh and his convoy in Izzi Local Government Area.

Though no life was lost in that attack, one of the cars in his convoy was damaged by a gunshot fired by the assailants.

Mr Odoh was again a victim of a deadly attack in the Ishielu Local Government Area, during which his driver and a police officer were killed.

Gunmen, last month, attacked the home of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate for Izzi/Abakaliki Federal Constituency, Barnabas Ofoke.

Cars and other valuables in the compound, which was to be used as the campaign venue of the party’s governorship candidate, Ifeanyi Odii, were destroyed.

Gunmen, last month, killed an APC supporter when they opened fire at the party campaign ground in Íshielu Local Government Area.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/586450-police-declare-apga-gov-candidate-wanted-over-monarchs-murder.html

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by Johnthum(m): 2:59pm On Mar 06, 2023
We are only interested in our stolen mandate.

We the good people of Labour Party are waiting for Tinubu to do the right thing.

This is not our business 💯

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by chokekachy: 3:04pm On Mar 06, 2023
ODOH RESPONDS:

Dear Ebonyi voters,

Kindly disregard the callous rumours from the drowning APC that I, APGA Ebonyi State Chapter Governorship candidate, Professor Benard Ifeanyi Odoh has stepped down or will ever back out of this Saturday's Governorship race.

You all know that I'm the leading candidate and stones are expected to be thrown to only the trees with ripe fruits. Also be informed that I was never arrested.

Kindly tune in to 101.5 Unity FM Abakaliki and Dream FM, 92.5 , Enugu to hear me and our numerous campaign jingles!

Fact is that the APC government in Ebonyi has since ran out of ideas even before campaign take off and they are now drowning in an ocean of confusion.

Ebonyians, particularly low income earners and the civil servants they have dealt with in the last 8 years shall surely pay them back in their very own coin by rejecting them from top to bottom at the polls on Saturday 11th March!

Vote for me and my team of APGA Candidates.

May God bless you and keep you safe, Amen!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid07wLGzKWjXNQTmXDtatYc3vDsALeCwbrGVb1P5ti1qeQVc1ghhSgcRfSYHfZSVYk8l&id=100000548236363&mibextid=Nif5oz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by temitope27(m): 3:48pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ok
Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by MetroLane: 3:48pm On Mar 06, 2023
Security is really a challenge in Nigeria.

Take away insecurities and nonsensical monetary policies, watch business thrive.

Oh I also forgot electricity. We still have a long way to go.

The culprits should be dealt with according to the law. Murder is a serious offence.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by Sirheny007(m): 3:49pm On Mar 06, 2023
undecided undecided
Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by Vopimas55a: 3:49pm On Mar 06, 2023
God bless Nigeria
God bless Yoruba land
God bless Igbo land
God bless Arewa land

Thunder scatter Tinubu and his urchins!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by alphaconde(m): 3:49pm On Mar 06, 2023
police can fool themselves.

why declare them wanted when u know where to find them?

6 Likes

Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by lazynairalander1: 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2023
Why do I have the feeling that those with aka are guilty?.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by beerfraud: 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2023
Majority of these people are criminals

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by atdscentofwater: 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2023
hmmmmm
Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by Spanki(f): 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2023

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by Kingpele(m): 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2023
Killing human beings for whatever reason is a terrible sacrilege and an old sick man using ill gotten millions of dollars to buy presidency is a terrible rape to democracy...
Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by Franzinni: 3:53pm On Mar 06, 2023
They are killing themselves... How far with that groundnut head called Simon ekpa? He is awful silent these days o...

I guess he has been de-fanged and his rabid dogs too have lost thier ability to bark.

The fear of JAGABAN!!! No doubt!

Nigeria will florish within 4 years just wait and see... Yoruba people, we know how to lead!!! It's part of our DNA. 🔥🔥🔥

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by MessiahMARLIANS: 3:53pm On Mar 06, 2023
This is Critically Bad.

A Problem of The POVERTY OF INSECURITY OF HUMAN LIVES AND PROPERTIES IN NIGERIA.

Arise; FIRST BORNS And MARCH BORNS of Nigeria;

We Have Got Work To Do.

How Do We COLLECTIVELY And CORRECTLY SOLVE The POVERTY of INSECURITY of Human Lives and Properties in Nigeria ?

Let's Discuss Here:

https://www.nairaland.com/7599320/political-finance-march-borns-nigeria#121522844

Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by PrincessofDSS(f): 3:54pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ok
Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by Willywest0(m): 3:54pm On Mar 06, 2023
Hmmm this is a big problem.. they won't go unpunished..
Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by Patoshsky: 3:55pm On Mar 06, 2023
Top Ten Plays to earn NFTs
https://7r6.com/XfOv
Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by obyrich(m): 3:55pm On Mar 06, 2023
Kingpele:
Killing human beings for whatever reason is a terrible sacrilege and an old sick man using ill gotten millions of dollars to buy presidency is a terrible rape to democracy...
Don't believe APC. The man is not wanted. Umahi thinks a governor is a supreme leader.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by MyExpression(m): 3:55pm On Mar 06, 2023
Is the APGA governorship candidate in hiding?

The police should stop this substandard investigative process.

Man is a public figure.
You know him, you know his house, you know his lawyer...and APGA lawyer.

Serve him an invitation before this social media justice you're doing...heating up the polity in Ebonyi....stop it!
Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by ThinkSmarter: 3:57pm On Mar 06, 2023
The people that masterminded the killing of the monarch should be arrested.
Everyone has a right to vote according to his/her conscience.
It mustn't be Your candidate or your God

Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by ProphetM0hammad: 3:58pm On Mar 06, 2023
Same Ebonyi where they eat visitors

God abeg

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by sofeo(m): 3:59pm On Mar 06, 2023
Alright

Check my Signature
Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 06, 2023
November 3rd 2021, my supervising Engineer who was in charge of the Federal Government monitoring team for the Ikom (Cross River) to Cameroon bridge/road construction, was abducted, murdered and buried alongside four other contract Engineers.

The five victims were all Igbo men with families.

This very incident happened in this same Ezza North and I was supposed to be their logistics personnel for that trip, but by a weird stroke of coincidence, something else took me away from that trip. I was the last person Engineer Ernest spoke with on the phone before his abduction and murder.

Since that day, I have never considered indigenes of that Local Government as humans. For them to have killed five innocent men in cold blood, for no reason(s) whatsoever and without even the option of ransoms, goes to show how unfeeling and cruel some humans can be.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by SaintLucia: 3:59pm On Mar 06, 2023
I hope Obi Pandora keep all these designer agbada for future election grin

Re: Ebonyi: APGA Gov Candidate, 9 Others declared Wanted over killing of monarch by ProphetM0hammad: 4:01pm On Mar 06, 2023
sekahed:
Tinubu is a PLACEHOLDER for Gov Shettima, the earlier you people realize this, the better.

Most of the people pushing escoBAT do not know there's an agenda to just install him by fire by force, and when he is tired and sick before 2 years, Shettima will be sworn-in as President and more Kabiru Sokoto will be hiding in his house.

We are ok with that

(1) (2) (Reply)

Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu / Army Intercepts 1,000 Massob Members In Nsukka / COVID-19: Enugu Approves Assurance Package For Doctors, Other Health Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.