Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos (7137 Views)

Notable signatures of Lugard, Zik, Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello, Gani, Ojukwu & others / Transcript Of El-Rufai's Speech About Tinubu And Muslim-Muslim Ticket / Peter Obi Supporters Are Sharing ₦‎50 Salt For Aba Instead Of Rice - Almaigaa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by Landowner101(m): 7:47pm On Mar 06, 2023
ElSudani:
Going by what we are witnessing right now in Lagos, Ahmadu Bello was right.
Imagine one Chinyere saying "Lagos is ours we must take it back"
Take it back from whom and when was Lagos ever hers?
This posture is only meant to provoke Yoruba even when all we have done is welcome them like brothers.
No sensible Nigerian is claiming any territory theirs, stop misquoting people, what they say is that lagos is no man's land, meaning that they are free to do their businesses in lagos without succumbing to any threat or intimidation from those that claim to own the place (lagos). Just like a yoruba man that does his business in the east, after paying his shop rent and settling every tax, he as every right to do his business how he wishes without nobody intimidating him or threatening him.
The truth is that igbo's are the most business oriented and hardworking tribe in Nigeria, so most indigenes were they do business envy this.
I am igbo and I also envy igbo's grin
Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by fr3do(m): 7:59pm On Mar 06, 2023
elonmuskbaby:
I hate pretenders and I hate when people dish what they cannot take.stop pretending

"hmmm hmmm" is now support

He might as well be condemning what he posted
Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by elonmuskbaby: 8:01pm On Mar 06, 2023
grin
fr3do:

"hmmm hmmm" is now support

He might as well be condemning what he posted
Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by donproject2(m): 8:14pm On Mar 06, 2023
November1857:
So Igbos are that dangerous, yet you can't learn to live without them... All this yoruba Muslims self . kiss

Flatynos3...Yoruba muslims are now your nightmare. What can you say about Yoruba Christmas omo alainiran?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:07pm On Mar 06, 2023
0monnak0da:
Very wise speech?I endorse it
Very true today
The simple reality is Ibos in 1966 are same only difference was there was no social media
After killing this man they started making records and offensive pictures
The same
We have taken over triumphalism dominated the airwaves
We all know what followed.
Imagine transferring thousands of PVCs to Lagos for election.

I hope something will be done to neutralize those fake PVCs before Saturday.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:10pm On Mar 06, 2023
0monnak0da:
Very true today
The simple reality is Ibos in 1966 are same only difference was there was no social media
The same

Amongst the pictures they pasted in Kaduna was one with Ahamadu Bello on the ground and Ironsi stamping his boot on the former's head - very nauseating.
But they paid dearly for it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by 0monnak0da: 9:11pm On Mar 06, 2023
BlakKluKluxKlan:

I hope something will be done to neutralize those fake PVCs before Saturday.
They are not fake but I won't shed tears for SanwoOlu if he lose

I expect him to win thoughand stop taking people for granted
What should happen is those who transferred be identified
Before you transfer you must make a declaration that you are a resident which would make you liable to pay Tax to LASG
LASG should bill them
They should pay for the privilege of voting in Lagos

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by 0monnak0da: 9:14pm On Mar 06, 2023
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Amongst the pictures they pasted in Kaduna was one with Ahamadu Bello on the ground and Ironsi stamping his boot on the former's head - very nauseating.
But they paid dearly for it.

They have learnt nothing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:16pm On Mar 06, 2023
0monnak0da:

They have learnt nothing

Absolutely correct.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by flokii: 9:17pm On Mar 06, 2023
Ahmadu Bello was being entirely honest in that clip.. in the First republic, the Igbos were the only ones dominating the civil service courtesy of Zik. It was when the Northerners clipped the wing of Igbos that they planned coup to kill prominent leaders of other ethnic groups in Nigeria.. we saw the resultant pogroms and eventuall civil war that claimed millions of Igbo lives.

Yorubas are learned and well read but this innate docility or is it fo0lishness has to end. It took one man Ahmadu Bello to put the Igbos aggression in the North to a stop. So what is our own problem in Yorubaland?.. is it until we turn to slaves on our soil that our people will start applying common sense that law of self preservation first before any form of wokeness.

The Igbos misbehaving in Yorubaland won't allow you breathe, won't allow you do business or buy lands in their own place, using derogatory names like ndi nama, ofe mmanu etc. on you, but our own kiths and kins are selling lands to everybody, still giving them jobs while Yoruba youths roam the streets. O ma se o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:20pm On Mar 06, 2023
0monnak0da:

They are not fake but I won't shed tears for SanwoOlu if he lose

I expect him to win thoughand stop taking people for granted
What should happen is those who transferred be identified
Before you transfer you must make a declaration that you are a resident which would make you liable to pay Tax to LASG
LASG should bill them
They should pay for the privilege of voting in Lagos

Good. But please don't wish Sanwo-olu defeat. I never had any use for the APC but the prevailing situation has changed the narrative.

Would it not be too difficult to identify those affected before the voting ?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by Neckpresser101: 9:29pm On Mar 06, 2023
flokii:
Ahmadu Bello was being entirely honest in that clip.. in the First republic, the Igbos were the only ones dominating the civil service courtesy of Zik. It was when the Northerners clipped the wing of Igbos that they planned coup to kill prominent leaders of other ethnic group in Nigeria. We saw the resultant pogroms and even civil war that claimed millions of Igbo lives.

Yorubas are learned and well read but this innate docility or is fo0lishness has to end. It took one man Ahmadu Bello to put the Igbos aggression in the North to a stop. So what is our own problem in Yorubaland?.. is it until we turn to slaves on our soil that our people will start applying common sense that law of self preservation first before any form of wokeness.

The Igbos misbehaving in Yorubaland won't allow you breathe, won't allow you do business or buy lands in their own place, using derogatory names like ndi nama, ofe mmanu etc. on you, but our own kiths and kins are selling lands to everybody, still giving them jobs while Yoruba youths roam the streets. O ma se o

Stupid igbophobic comment

Truth is most of you haven't left SW

Una go dey ogbomosho dey cap rubbish

Bring money come igbo man go sell you him property

Igbos are free to invest their money anywhere they want!

It's their f#cking money!

Everyone knows Igbos are the richest tribe per capita in money I have my datas to back that fact!

They're f#cking competitive and progressive

If you can't compete shut up

Grown up men crying all over the internet angry angry

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by etrange: 9:29pm On Mar 06, 2023
You guys like unnecessary sensationalism. It's almost as if you find it fun just like football and BBN. If not, why would you use an expression like "the battle for Lagos"? Y'all think this is a game? Instead of you to focus on electing a good leader, you're creating division like overly excited teenagers.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by 0monnak0da: 9:29pm On Mar 06, 2023
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Good. But please don't wish Sanwo-olu defeat. I never had any use for the APC but the prevailing situation has changed the narrative.

Would it not be too difficult to identify those affected before the voting ?
Identify them for what? To attack them?
There are 7 million voters in Lagos let Sanwo Olu persuade them to come out to vote.
If he has performed that should be easy.
Is the Blue line now working?
I am from Lagos state and totally oppose godfatherism
All this story of Tinubu built Lagos is nonsense.
Tinubu will die one day. What is the vision
As an indigene I can tell you that APC does nothing for us
We are not happy and don't vote anymore
Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by Taba21: 9:36pm On Mar 06, 2023
PoliteActivist:
grin
Ahmadu Bello chest-beating for Ibos - admitting openly that others can't compete.
Was he right or just paranoid? Are they indeed God's own people as they claim?

"Obsession about the Ibos" cheesy

gods own people not God's own people.
Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by Taba21: 9:37pm On Mar 06, 2023
Moh247:
Truth

Naa now you know
Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by Taba21: 9:38pm On Mar 06, 2023
0monnak0da:
Very true today
The same

They are worse than 1966 and they will continue paying the price

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by Taba21: 9:41pm On Mar 06, 2023
Goodmarlian:
They never learn good things from history always bad rhings learn how the wrigh brothers invented plane,learn how how scientist invest microchips nope na tribalism foolish yoots! Blacks are animals spitss!!!!

Igbo started tribalism or don't you hear what he's saying

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by PoliteActivist: 9:42pm On Mar 06, 2023
Taba21:

gods own people not God's own people.

Meaning?
Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by PoliteActivist: 9:50pm On Mar 06, 2023
ekolobaba:
The battle for Lagos don start. Na wa oo.

https://youtu.be/5_odA4rVz8

This OP sef. He's working very hard to start a tribal war.
See his topics

0monnak0da, Moh247, Ibrahimcoomasie
Taba21

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by padi94(m): 9:57pm On Mar 06, 2023
IAM not Igbo but I see the hate from these guys... And they took thathate to the Center
Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by Taba21: 9:58pm On Mar 06, 2023
KingsCity:
Ekolobaba

You are just like a pest every where on Nairaland publishing rubbish

Don’t you have a life?

You guys always hates, and hates hearing the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by Taba21: 9:59pm On Mar 06, 2023
Robinmido:
Omo see hatred. No let your hatred kill you ooo🙄😏

You are the founder of hates and you're about to start reaping it nationwide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by Taba21: 10:01pm On Mar 06, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Likely the handiwork of Yoruba Muslims! undecided

Unlike the Lagosian Yorubas, These Set of Yorubas are so Insecure, Brutish and Quick to Anger. sad

Yoruba is Yoruba, and the Yoruba are wiser than you bigot and tribalism,fill with hatred.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by Vinnie2000(m): 10:04pm On Mar 06, 2023
Taba21:

Yoruba is Yoruba, and the Yoruba are wiser than you bigot and tribalism,fill with hatred.

If Yoruba is Yoruba, why were the Muslims and Christians Fighting over the HIJAB ISSUE in Osun State? 😏 ☹️
Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by Taba21: 10:04pm On Mar 06, 2023
November1857:
So Igbos are that dangerous, yet you can't learn to live without them... All this yoruba Muslims self . kiss

How many Nigeria tribes living in south east .
Shameless tribe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by Taba21: 10:08pm On Mar 06, 2023
Vinnie2000:

If Yoruba is Yoruba, why were the Muslims and Christians Fighting over the HIJAB ISSUE in Osun State? 😏 ☹️

Ipob, ESN, unknown gunmen are different tribe not Igbo I think

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by Paretomaster1(m): 10:13pm On Mar 06, 2023
PoliteActivist:
grin
Ahmadu Bello chest-beating for Ibos - admitting openly that others can't compete.
Was he right or just paranoid? Are they indeed God's own people as they claim?

"Obsession about the Ibos" cheesy

He was right, at the time the Igbos are already taking up positions in the Northern civil service, and they are already planning a takeover.

Ahmadu Bello saw this, and that is what eventually got him killed.

The Igbos proved him right by staging that needless, and bigotic Coup to take power.

His speech is not out of place, at that time we operate a regional system, and he have the right to protect his region.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by 0monnak0da: 10:24pm On Mar 06, 2023
jamesversion:

Na normal thing. You are expected to vote where you reside.

I don't know of any Igbos contesting for a Gubernatorial election in Lagos. So what the fuss?

This Oldman if you like keep sowing seed of discord between Yorubas and Igbos.
I hope you will have no complaints if millions of herdsmen transfer their PVC to Owerri at the next election
You don't have 'the numbers to play this game

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by 12Monkeys: 10:32pm On Mar 06, 2023
jmoore:
Igbophobia.

Watch fools clap for Ahmadu Bello's speech.

But the Sarduna was right and at the end you Igbos murdered him in cold blood.

Vipers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by PoliteActivist: 10:36pm On Mar 06, 2023
Paretomaster1:

He was right, at the time the Igbos are already taking up positions in the Northern civil service, and they are already planning a takeover.

Ahmadu Bello saw this, and that is what eventually got him killed.

The Igbos proved him right by staging that needless, and bigotic Coup to take power.

His speech is not out of place, at that time we operate a regional system, and he have the right to protect his region.

You miss the point that he was tacitly praising Igbos, openly admitting that as long as there is a level playing field they'd beat everybody!
As for coup, soooo Igbos staged a coup that did not include senior Igbo officers like Ironsi and Ojukwu, who were infact the ones who scuttled the coup.
Plus, the coup plotters Nzeogwu and Ademoyega (Igbos!) said the aim of the coup was to release Awo from jail and make him PM!
Re: Yoruba Youths Are Sharing Ahmadu Bello’s Speech About Igbos by stepriho(m): 10:43pm On Mar 06, 2023
ekolobaba:
The battle for Lagos don start. Na wa oo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_odAy4rVz8
Yorubas are fools, igbos are the only reason Lagos is what it is today, they contribute over 90% of Lagos revenue. Take igbos out and loose Lagos as the economic hub of the country. How many Yorubas are into reasonable businesses. Let them continue to be in Tinubu imprisonment. Fools

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ribadu: Farida, Ibori Destroyed EFCC's Efforts To Fight Corruption / THE TSUNAMI- LRNZH Responds As Promised to agaba123 / Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.