Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,801 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment (14773 Views)

Banks Insist On Rejecting Old Naira Notes Despite Supreme Court Order / Prices Of Cattle Crash In Taraba Due To Naira Scarcity / We lied about GTBank, Supreme Court judgment – Innoson admits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by SheikhMuniru(m): 8:45am On Mar 07, 2023
If you know Elemi-emere (Emifiele) and Buhari (Badluck) tell them to be very careful because they will not end well

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by mkoabiola: 8:57am On Mar 07, 2023
Baba doesn't care abt Supreme Court.

Dat chain smoker malami is yet to advise him accordingly.

AWON WEREY

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by Adeolajude(m): 9:01am On Mar 07, 2023
[quote author=emmanuelbrown26 post=121536817]If they like, let them hoard it and be selling to Pos operators. People should get used to d system bcs I don't see Emefiele and Buhari shifting ground on dis.
Let's wait after dis regime before we will know d next plan. Then, people should get used to dis cashless policy.
[/quote

You mean the people should get use to all the failed transfers due to inability of banks to handle the influx of transfer..infact nigerians and suffering is like five and six..

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by AdnanBnB: 9:12am On Mar 07, 2023
divinehand2003:
• No cash at banking hall, ATM points
• Banks await CBN’s directive on old notes

https://thenationonlineng.net/naira-scarcity-lingers-despite-supreme-court-judgment/

The earlier u embrace cashless the better, people don't like change @ all and the only thing that is constant in this world is change.

Gandollar n ye rufai cannot win election all because no cash to buy votes
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by OmoOshodi(m): 9:17am On Mar 07, 2023
...Buhari care less about Nigerians because he's not a true Nigerian.....baba is from another country

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by dalass(f): 9:19am On Mar 07, 2023
Damidave1124 post=121536796:
They should just let the old and new notes coexist na, then the CBN should start mopping up the hold notes gradually till the new notes will be enough to circulate round the country.

This will ease the pain and the grueling task of getting the new naira notes of the masses.

Old notes have been mopped. I heard CBN said they had already destroyed the old notes!

The judgement came late I believe
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by Sukkyy2010: 9:30am On Mar 07, 2023
Omoawoke:

We hope everything goes normalized soon.

Meanwhile;
Obidient movement is becoming a zombie attack,

They average IQ of all of them is comparable to that of a Turkey

One person gives instruction and they all attack like zombie
Any idiot can be voted into power as long as they are under LP, only an idiot thumprint ballot paper without knowing who they are voting for.
You see that guy shouting Eluuuppp, what do you think his IQ would be? I'm sure that guy hawks fanta and gala

Obidient is like an epidemic, zombie attack

They are easily fooled and highly gullible

I am sure they are already preparing their next fake news to start spreading like wide fire

Does a day pass by that obidients will not share one fake news?

Obidients pls what's the latest fake news?
Maybe Biden has called meeting with France, UK and Australia to challenge Inec?
Or maybe Obi won 30 states including kano, Zamfara and Katsina with wide margins
Or maybe Putin is very pissed off with Inec
Or China is having a meeting with Peter obi?
Or the people of Sokoto have started protest that they all Voted Elupp
Pls give us latest..
I thumb up for you jare, you definitely use the right adjective(Zombie) it's best describes their movement.
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by leisuretym: 9:32am On Mar 07, 2023
divinehand2003:
CBN is gunning for cashless policy all the way. Old naira notes have been held up by CBN and may never return to circulation.
CBN should print more new naira notes to ameliorate the sufferings of the Nigerian people.

Banks has made huge money from transactions done online without doing much, they now love the policy
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by Sukkyy2010: 9:34am On Mar 07, 2023
Atarakpa:
My follow Nigerians I assure by this weekend the naira issue will be address.
It's seems Emefiele now own account on this Forum. Emefiele is this you talking?
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by worksmart(m): 9:42am On Mar 07, 2023
This crisis was caused by Tinubu and his handlers so it does not give us any hope that his govt can be anything other than very corrupt.
Imagine disobeying the your own government's policy to the extent of bastardising and corrupting the supreme court to act unconstitutionally in intervening in the operation of the executive arm of government.
We may just have entered One Chance for this country!
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by treatise: 10:16am On Mar 07, 2023
lexy2014:

How is the court judgement dictatting monetary policies?

Is supreme court exempt from adjudicating on the countrys monetary policies?
Fixing the validity period for the old naira notes. Is this what obtains in other democracies? Someone can approach the Supreme Court and get the CBN to fix an exchange rate he considers suitable for the "masses".
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by Benekkk: 10:22am On Mar 07, 2023
When the righteous rule, the city rejoices…..

1 Like

Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by HellVictorinho7: 10:27am On Mar 07, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:
If they like, let them hoard it and be selling to Pos operators. People should get used to d system bcs I don't see Emefiele and Buhari shifting ground on dis.
Let's wait after dis regime before we will know d next plan. Then, people should get used to dis cashless policy.
BLOOD OF SATAN
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by HellVictorinho7: 10:29am On Mar 07, 2023
AdnanBnB:

The earlier u embrace cashless the better, people don't like change @ all and the only thing that is constant in this world is change.

Gandollar n ye rufai cannot win election all because no cash to buy votes
WASTE OF OXYGEN
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by lexy2014: 10:32am On Mar 07, 2023
treatise:

Fixing the validity period for the old naira notes. Is this what obtains in other democracies? Someone can approach the Supreme Court and get the CBN to fix an exchange rate he considers suitable for the "masses".

You didn't answer this question.

Is the supreme court exempt from adjudicating on the countrys monetary policies?

What was the brief and prayers brought by the plaintiffs to the supreme court?

What was the verdict of the supreme court based on the prayers?

I don't know what obtains in other clines. Can you intimate me on what obtauns with other climes with evidence?
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by Onyi90(m): 10:38am On Mar 07, 2023
divinehand2003:
• No cash at banking hall, ATM points
• Banks await CBN’s directive on old notes

https://thenationonlineng.net/naira-scarcity-lingers-despite-supreme-court-judgment/

Until they receive orders from their Master Presidency through Emiefele undecided
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by Harrynight(m): 10:40am On Mar 07, 2023
Emefile is jus wicked and heartless honestl,
I can't see why he would be hoarding cash just to suffer the masses,
What kind of wickedhearted human is this? Make the new note available No, return the Old note to circulation NO.
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by Harrynight(m): 10:43am On Mar 07, 2023
luluosas:
The court is the new institution causing confusion in the land. Their intervention in this monetary matter worsened the whole thing.
I hope they will not try nonsense in the presidential election tribunal

We should not blame the S'court for any reason.
If cbn choose not to allow old note as legal tender they should make the new note available that's all.
What's this wicked act of suffering the masses for ?
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by luluosas(m): 11:28am On Mar 07, 2023
I forgive your rantings and silly talk

zedegit:

You are like the proverbial animal that stayed in a pit latrine for years and suddenly someone brought a rope.

Your reply was that they should do fast, the stench was too much.
I am sure you are an urchin.
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by Donedeal1(m): 11:39am On Mar 07, 2023
F
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by goody234: 12:54pm On Mar 07, 2023
onyxo76:
so it takes 48 hours to type, print and send out a letter to cbn to act all within the same Abuja city ? and when I tell people that nobody is in charge of this country, people will be castigating me. no cash, poor transfer network, money hanging, no debit reversals, very nonsence situation.

I swear a bunch of incompetents absolutely disgraceful
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by MuchAdo: 1:43pm On Mar 07, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
It shall never be well with APC Buhari and Emefiele

FIxed! cool
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by jared007: 1:57pm On Mar 07, 2023
All I know is that Nigerians must not accept cashless society because I see trouble coming...

Imagine govt in future intimidating citizens to comply to their dictates and failure would lead to blocking of their accounts.

The cashless society is a demonic system to control people. There was free flow of money in bible days
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by femmoy(m): 2:18pm On Mar 07, 2023
FireUpNow:
We have a very wicked govt and I am still very surprised why Nigerians voted for APC. Maybe we enjoy suffering and getting deceived. These people are evil and wicked.

Are you a kid to know that the presidential election was rigged?
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by FireUpNow(m): 2:20pm On Mar 07, 2023
femmoy:

Are you a kid to know that the presidential election was rigged?
I think you that is very old to know did not comprehend the question I asked
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by femmoy(m): 2:23pm On Mar 07, 2023
Atheistan:

We are talking about naira scarcity musa.

grin grin cheesy

Can't laugh out loud.
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by neutralmind: 2:23pm On Mar 07, 2023
Let's not demonize cash transactions. Let it remain an option.

People may choose to use cash of they wish.

Nigerian financial system is not ripe for proper online transactions.

Guardian newspaper headline yesterday says Nigerian e payment platforms failed stress test for online transactions.

We haven't gotten it right yet. So why put the cart before the horse?

We still have over 30 million Nigerians without bank accounts.

We need to invest heavily in manpower and infrastructure before we embrace e payment fully.
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by easytig(m): 2:24pm On Mar 07, 2023
If you go to ordinary Cotonou,ATM dey dispense sefa yafun yafun,money dey to withdraw and spend,why does this useless buhari want to take us back to the stone age, imagine of all things na naira come dey scarce,I no blame them na the mumus wey go vote buhari wey no go school I blame.buharis illiteracy is poisonous.no learned leader would do such to his fellow country men.
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 3:47pm On Mar 07, 2023
It's a welcome development grin
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by BreconHills(m): 4:09pm On Mar 07, 2023
divinehand2003:
CBN is gunning for cashless policy all the way. Old naira notes have been held up by CBN and may never return to circulation.
CBN should print more new naira notes to ameliorate the sufferings of the Nigerian people.

When you read what was written above you will know that cashless policy lite will replace cashless policy ultra immediately after the governorship election. It doesn't take hours to get a CTC and certainly not at the Supreme Court. What you see from the government lawyers is equivocation designed to delay.

It is clear the government will redirect itself after its non monetary policy reasons for the cashless policy ultra have been fulfilled.
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by BreconHills(m): 4:11pm On Mar 07, 2023
Damidave1124:
They should just let the old and new notes coexist na, then the CBN should start mopping up the hold notes gradually till the new notes will be enough to circulate round the country.

This will ease the pain and the grueling task of getting the new naira notes of the masses.

This is how it is supposed to be. A bank customer has a right to his deposit on demand. Anything less is a violation of section 20 of the CBN Act.
Re: Naira Scarcity Lingers Despite Supreme Court Judgment by jimcaddy(m): 11:57pm On Mar 07, 2023
Well let's still wait for their timeline to lapse before we can comment. As a matter of urgency, the government should expedite action on this matter as it's of utmost national importance.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? / Innoson To Begin Tyre Production In Nigeria / GTB Domiciliary Account Reference Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.